Peach Show full post »
Peach
Beaglebuddy wrote:
I had to put my 15yr old beagle down yesterday and it was very sudden. In less than 48 hours she went from playing in the backyard to getting euthanized. I wish pet bereavement was available where I work.  I'm still very depressed because how of quickly she went, but she was in a lot of pain.  The pain is unbearable and my heart is broken, and mending will take time.  III hope we can all find peace. I just want to hold my dog one more time

My beautiful girl Sphinx died suddenly too... it was like night and day. She was fine and then less than five days later I was at the vet clinic holding her in my arms. The vet assistant gave her the first needle to sedate her and she handled it so well, that the assistant told her she was brave. 
I had been telling my Sphinx for the last 2 days she was brave, and as the assistant left the room for the sedation to take effect, I looked down at my girl and whispered "I told you that you were brave". Those were my last words to her. 

It's hard to accept that they seem fine one minute and the next they are on their deathbed. I'm still trying to process it all but it is taking some time.
Sorry for your loss.
“Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened” ~ Anatole France
Quote 0 0