Crazydoglady
Two days ago, I lost my my 3 year old Aussie, Tuck. I'm a huge dog lover, with 3 other dogs besides him, but Tuck was my baby. He was the silliest, sweetest, most accident prone dog I've ever met in my life and I wasn't the mom he deserved. We just moved recently, and I've been really overwhelmed with the move and the house needing so much work. I hadn't had a chance to give them a much needed bath, but was working on it this week so I hadnt been loving on them as much lately. I thought I had time. The night before he died, Tuck wanted to come hang out with me while I was laying down watching TV in bed and I wouldn't let him because he hadn't had a bath yet. My poor baby happily laid in the doorway and watched me. I would do anything to go back to that moment and give him all the cuddles and kisses I could. I don't know what happened. I found him already gone in the kennel outside with his brothers. It was hot, but he had shade and water and a normal, healthy dog would have been fine. My 11 year old husky even ran laps around the yard when I opened the kennel to get to Tuck after realizing something was wrong. I will forever regret not having him in the house with me where I could have kept an eye on him or where he might not have gotten so hot. He was just a baby. I've never been this heartbroken in my life. It was so unexpected and he was so young, I thought I'd have at least 10 more years with him. My baby died in the yard without me by his side and I don't think I'll ever forgive myself for that. I'd do anything for one more cuddle or ear nibble from my little wiggle butt.
Quote 0 0
miztina249
I'm so sorry for the tragic loss of your beautiful Tuck, what a gorgeous boy. I can feel the pain in your words and know you would do everything different if you could just turn back the clock. What you are describing is a normal day in the life of a pet parent. He was a young, seemingly healthy dog...In your mind you had all the time in the world to give Tuck a bath and snuggle later. You didn't know, if you did you would have chose different. The outcome would have likely been the same. He obviously had a hidden health issue that took him so quickly without warning. You did the best you could at the time and I'm sure Tuck knew how much he was loved.
Quote 0 0
William
Tuck is beautiful. Is he a daschund?
I'm so sorry for your pain. That was so quick and unexpected it's hard to figure it all out in your brain.
Tuck didn't mind missing a bath. He stayed beside you that final night where he could see you. Like the other writer above said. Something was probably going on that you had no idea about.
Try and focus on that. We all have so much guilt it's part of the process and there are no words that make it any easier.
Kim
Quote 0 0
Crazydoglady
Thank you both. I know Tuck wouldn't want me to be sad. He was the happiest, most excitable pup I had, but it's really hard because I thought I'd have more time time with him and there were so many things he never got to experience. I was planning on taking him either to the beach or the lake for the first time this summer once we we're more settled.

William, he was supposedly 100% mini Australian Shepherd, but some of his facial features and his dad's features make me think they had something else hidden in their bloodline somewhere. Didn't matter to me though, he was perfect the way he was
Quote 0 0
William
He's beautiful. And I'm sure he was a very happy little boy.
Happy and grateful for all the love you gave him.
Kim
Quote 0 0