Hashsandwich
My 9 year old Shih Tzu, Snoopy, passed away on Friday December the 13th. He was just two months short of his 10th birthday (February 23) He got sick suddenly on that Wednesday night and rapidly declined until his death around 36 hours later. To see him suffer and die like that was the most horrifying and excruciatingly painful thing I’ve ever seen. He was the sweetest, most unreal dog. He would never even bark - not that he was unable to, he just didn’t like to raise his voice. That’s the kind of personality he had. He was so damn sweet and timid and it kills me to think he’s no longer here. He loved more than anything to please his masters and he didn’t even really care for other dogs, he loved people and people loved him. He died so abruptly and suddenly and I still feel I haven’t fully registered it. I can’t bare this loss. He used to kiss my face for hours at a time. He was a little licking machine. Knowing that I can never see him again here and feel his tongue against my face is soul-shattering. I truly feel broken and numb. I felt our bond was deepening with every year. I see other people posting about their dogs who passed away at 12, 13, 14, 15 and even 16. Snoopy didn’t even make it to 10 years old and that fills me with rage and despair. I miss him so damn much. He was so delicate and fragile, more than I realized while he was alive. He was more human than Dog. He ate only real home cooked meals or fresh raw meat. I want my little snoopy back and am stricken with pain and distraught with grief. I wish I could go back in time to earlier this month before this horrible nightmare ever occurred. I love you snoopy I’m sorry I failed you

Snoopy February 23 2010 - December 13 2019 💔
Quote 0 0
Olgita256
I’m so sorry for your loss. Snoopy is gorgeous. You didn’t fail him. I lost my Pom in 2017. Even though he was 15 1/2 I kept blaming myself and thinking I failed him. I lost 15 or so lbs in a matter of 4 -5 months ... went to a therapist. I would run to my car at work at least 4 times a day and cry like a baby. I tell you this to give you hope ... 2 years later I am doing much better. Time will help. Do not hold back tears..... it’s a process and we need to release the tears the pain but you will get through this. We hurt much cause we loved much. I believe with all my heart that we will see them again one sweet lovely day. Prayers for your broken heart 💔
Quote 0 0
Hashsandwich
Thank you I appreciate that. I think that the thing which hurts the most is the feeling of incompletion and the notion that his life was cut short. I can’t believe I didn’t even get 10 years with him. I like to think I treasured every moment with him, but as selfish as it may sound, 9 years and 10 months wasn’t enough time with him. I truly believed that I would have at least a few more years with him, and desperately wanted those extra years. I miss him more than words can describe. I’m only able to type on here when the tears pass so I feel that my words are not doing justice to how I really feel. I’m in unspeakable pain and don’t know how to continue without him. If your dog lived to be 10 or over, please take comfort in the fact that they had a long and complete life. Of course it’s alaways going to hurt like hell to lose such a precious best friend, but try to find closure in the fact that you had lots of time with your babies and they lived to a ripe old age. I will never get over the fact that Snoopy died so young. A part of me has died as well
Quote 0 0
BoxerMomForever
Oh please don’t blame yourself. I’m so sorry about Snoopy. My boxer girl passed at 10, don’t feel it was long enough either. I feel the same, A part of you goes when they pass. Sending hugs to you.
Linda *Mom to two boxer angels* Lily {White Girl} 6/22/09 - 10/14/19  ** Ginger {Flashy Fawn Girl} 6/4/97 - 5/28/09
Quote 0 0
laudirandell
I am so sorry to hear about your precious snoopy, such an adorable little dog. I too can relate to how you are feeling given that your dog didn't even make it to 10 yrs old. My little Shipoo Zambo was 9 days shy of his 12th birthday, he passed on November 26 of this year. I too felt as if he had been taken far too soon as I have heard of so many others with these breeds who have had them for 14, 15, 16 yrs. I spent countless hours and days since blaming myself, telling myself I should have had an MRI completed on him but even after talking to 4 different vets after his death they all said the same thing that his outcome would not have been any different. But I feel as if I cut his life short. 
I know exactly how you are feeling and it is gut wrenching. But I am trying to have faith that it will get easier. It will never go away we just learn to cope without them each day. I try as hard as possible to think of the possible although, like today, the tears flood my eyes. Unfortunately, with a love as deep as the ones we have with our pets comes suffering. Please don't blame yourself, you loved him more then anything and that is evident just from you having to courage to come to this forum. No matter if they live for 10, 15 or even 20 yrs, it would never be enough. sending love and hugs to you....Time heals but the memories will always remain.

laudi
laudi
Quote 0 0