TeeGirl
On Saturday, April 7, My husband and I were walking our two loving chihuahuas, TeeTee and Chica, when out of nowhere a pit bull ran up from behind us and viciously mauled them both.  There injuries were so extensive, we decided to have them both euthanized.  It was the most horrible, unimaginable terror I've ever dealth with and now my two fur babies are gone.  I can't believe it.  I'm wracked with guilt - why did I take them walking down that street?  Why didn't I stick to my usual path?  Why didn't I lift them up higher so that monster couldn't get them?  Why? Why? Why?  And then I see their cute little feet prancing in front of me while we walked...they were so innocent and helpless.  And then I see them laying there gasping for breath...Chica's eye buldging with fear...TeeTee gasping for breath because her lungs had been punctured.  WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the pain. I feel as if I have been gutted like fish.  Will it ever go away?  My husband feels like he didn't do enough but there was nothing he could've done.  That monster dog would have torn his flesh and mine if not for our dogs.  They took a bullet for us.  And now they are gone.  So is my heart and my sense of peace.  I will never be the same.
Quote 0 0
camunki
I am so sorry for what happened to your Tee Tee and Chica and in such a horrific way. I don't even know what to say, because I wouldn't be able to even imagine it happening or what I would do.

My heart goes out to you, and yes, guilt will play into the picture, if only, the could haves and should haves.

I lost 3 beloved pets within a 22 month period, yet they were all "seniors" so i could not even imagine the feelings you are feeling, especially with your babies not even doing anything, except walking and this happened.

I sure hope you were able to speak with the owner and if his dog was on a leash he may have had more control of the dog.

Please keep posting and again I am so sorry for what happend to your Tee Tee and Chica.

Cam

Quote 0 0
TeeGirl
Thank you so much. The owner is someone I know who, unbeknownst to me, had moved back in with her parents. The dog was inside the house but escaped when a visitor dropped by unexpectedly and had not closed the gate. They took full responsibility and Animal Control has picked up the animal. It won’t bring my babies back but at least this part has been without any additional aggravation.
Quote 0 0
MissingScooty
Oh my goodness. How tragic. I am deeply sorry for your horrific loss. To lose them both at the same time. Please please try not to blame yourself. When you are ready we would like to hear more about the personalities and lives of your dogs. Much much sympathy for the loss of your fur children
Missing and loving Scooter Forever
- Melissa
Quote 0 0