always_tuffy

Even tho' the Nights are so lonely,

the Days are so long,

I WILL learn from your being gone.

Tuffy, I promise you that your passing will not be in vain.  Now every day without you I will learn from this terrible sadness of losing you.  You went so quickly, so young....  I've asked myself over and over why, why, why?  Sitting next to your resting place yesterday, this is what came to me.

(My father had a stroke 10 years ago.  He can't speak, just make garbled sounds and can bearly walk.  His failure is becoming significant.)

Tuffy would always be with me when I'd visit my Mom & Dad.  My Dad would git such a kick out of watching Tuffy play.  He was quite the entertainer, throwing his ball in the air and catching it or shaking his rope toy and tossing it around like he was the biggest dog alive! (he wasn't the biggest by any means). We'd go out on the deck and Tuffy would chase the ball as long as I'd throw it.  It was some of the few times my Dad would laugh out loud.

So while visiting my Little Man's grave, and meditating on his life and our love for one another, this came to me. 

Momma Puppy, you and I know that your Dad doesn't have much time left.  You will have to help those that remain behind, Nana, Mandie (my daughter) and Andie (my granddaughter).  Teach them when it's time. Momma, teach them how to grieve and how to let PaPa go.  Teach what you have learned from my passing. 

It will be your greatest tribute to me and our time together.

What a blessing to know Tuf is with me in spirit, and what a wise little spirit he is!

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal;
Love leaves a memory no one can steal.

Tuffy, My Puppy Love
June 20, 2005-July 26, 2010

Becky Leigh, Queen of my Heart
December 2010-November 10, 2015
Quote 0 0
Susie_Squillions
Soft tears are gently falling.  What a beautiful post.  Tuffy must be so very proud of you for getting the message so easily.  Then again, he knew you would hear him because your bond is eternal and deep.  Thank you for sharing this.

After losing T.J. to a brain tumor in March, I learned of a little 6 year-old local girl who had been diagnosed with stage 4 brain stem glioma.  It's an inoperable tumor for which there is no chemo treatment.  The only treatment available is radiation and steroids.  Her name is Faith.  Her name was no accident.  Because we had lost T.J. to a brain tumor, Faith's story caught my attention and I just couldn't stop thinking about her.  I connected with her mother and followed Faith's story.

When Faith was diagnosed in February, the doctor told her mom that they would only have four to six months left.  Faith and her mom and the rest of their family fought to enjoy every second of that time they could, making a wish list for Faith and working and playing hard to get as many wishes accomplished as possible. One of Faith's wishes was to celebrate her 7th birthday in July.  At one point, the home nurses suggested that they celebrate Faith's birthday early to be sure she would be able to enjoy the day. They had a big party for her early in the month, and she had a wonderful time, although her ability to communicate was severely diminished. 

Faith's birthday was on July 27th and the family celebrated with a nice gathering at home.  Faith left this earth yesterday, August 7th, at 2:30 in the afternoon at the age of 7 years and 11 days.  Almost exactly six months after her condition was diagnosed. 

Because of Faith, I have met a whole community of wonderful people.  Because of Faith, I have learned things I never would have imagined.  Because of Faith, I have reached out to people and I know that it is a gift to be able to do so.  Because of Faith, I treasure my own 7 year-old grandson even more (if that's even possible).  And all of this because of whom?  Because of  T.J.  My angel kitty, who called my attention to Faith's story while I was in the depths of those early days of sorrow after losing him.

Our Bridge Kids are amazing.  They really are angels sent to comfort us, to teach us, and to show us the meaning of real, true, pure love. 

God bless T.J. and Tuffy.  They have earned their wings several times over. Our little furry soul mates.

xoxoxo

My heart is battered and bruised, but I will not let it break. It holds such precious cargo, I must protect it now. (Susie Squillions)

"Memories of loved ones are like songs in our soul." Margaret Wakeley

T.J.'S RESIDENCY:
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/TJ006/Resident.htm

BUDDY GUY AYRES~LYNCH'S RESIDENCY:
http://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/Buddy128/resident.HTM

KING BING THE GOD CAT'S RESIDENCY:
http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/BINGO009/Resident.htm

In one of the stars, I shall be living.
In one of them, I shall be laughing.
And so it will be as if all the stars were laughing when you look at the sky at night.
~ The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Quote 0 0
tikibarb
Your little Tuffy has more wisdom than most humans I know.  To think of being string as a tribute to our loved ones put a new light on it for me.  I have been really struggling the last few days.  This gives me hope that I can move forward.
Barbara Lyngarkos
My Beloved Ted 8/7/2005 - 7/7/10
http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/TED001/Resident.htm
Quote 0 0
donnalee

Yes, your little Tuf is a wise one and so are you!  I appreciate you sharing such a positive, enlightening post!  That makes sense that we can learn from this sad loss, and to do so, honors them. 

Quote 0 0
always_tuffy
Thank you Susie Squillions, tikibarb and donnalee.  I hope you friends see this post, because I want you to know how deeply your words touch me & that I carry them with me.  Whenever I start going downhill and the tears and grief come over me, I remember and HOLD ON to yours and others words from RB Bridge.  You keep me going.  I love each one of you friends.  There is no way I would be where I am now without all of you.  My goal now is to reach out to each new member and try to help them along their path of healing.  I know from your frequent posts that is your goal too.

Helping them somehow helps my healing.

My love to you and your lost best friends.  Keep loving, keep living, keep growing each day.

always_tuffy
Tuffy's Momma Puppy
Death leaves a heartache no one can heal;
Love leaves a memory no one can steal.

Tuffy, My Puppy Love
June 20, 2005-July 26, 2010

Becky Leigh, Queen of my Heart
December 2010-November 10, 2015
Quote 0 0
tikibarb
Tuffy's Momma, you inspire me.  Your insight has helped me heal.wl5ox
Barbara Lyngarkos