vetteangel

On Friday Dec, 4th 2009 I lost my best friend.  His name was Rico.  He was a 2yr old German Shepherd.  He had been sick a week earlier and he seemed to get better.  He was diagnosed on the 1st with acute kidney failure due to poisoning.  I tried everything to save him but it was not enough.  He was my best friend and my companion. I always looked forward to going home from work because he would be so happy to see me.  We loved to go for walks, lay around and watch TV, and he loved his cats!  Rico was a kind and gentle dog.  At first people would be afraid of him due to his size, 120lb's, but once he got to know you he was such a lover boy.  It hurts so much to come home now to a quiet house.  I cleaned up all of his toys yesterday and it was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do.  I can not even put a word to what i am feeling right now.  Not only is he gone but someone caused this and I don't know how to handle that.  All I do know is that he was my little man and I will always love him.  I love you Rico

Quote 0 0
peachmom

I am so sorry, I feel your loss.  We lost our cat yesterday to a heart attack.

Quote 0 0
Tricia
Dear friend,

I'm so very sorry for the loss of your beloved Rico.They become our children, our best friends, our family. We grieve for them when they leave us. My heart goes out to you. I'm so very sorry that something like this happened to your Rico.  If indeed he was poisened by someone,  I hope and pray that you will find out exactly what happened to your Rico. What a wonderful boy he was. I don't know if this will bring you any comfort, but just know that all our precious fur angels at the Bridge will take good care of Rico.  Please know that my heartfelt thoughts and prayers are with you.
God Bless Rico.

Hugs,

Tricia

Tricia, Burton&Ozzie's Mom

"Good night sweet prince:And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest!"
William Shakespere's Hamlet
Quote 0 0
jasminesmom
vetteangel

I share your loss and I am so sorry. I hope you do find the answer to what happened to Rico.

Believe me, there are not enough words to describe our sorrow. It is a most difficult time when you lose your 'furbaby'.

My Jasmine was there to open the gate to The Rainbow Bridge for Rico. Together they are free from pain and suffering along with the other furangels. Little comfort for I know how badly you want Rico back in your life.

Jasmine also left due to kidney failure BUT her's was caused by the drug ProIn, that I gave her. She suffered for 57 days before I helped her to The Bridge.

Know that you are in my prayers today as your mourn Rico.

Hugs,

Cheryl and Angel Jasmine
Jasmine is loved
Jasmine took ProIn
Jasmine is gone

Cheryl and Angel Jasmine
Jasmine was loved
Jasmine was given ProIn
Jasmine is now gone
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/JAMIN001/Resident.htm
Quote 0 0
Shadowhoffen
I am truly sorry for your loss ... you are not alone.  I totally understand your devastation.  I hope and pray the evil monster responsible is found and made to pay for what he did to your sweet boy Rico.  There are no words to ease your pain right now, I know ..... but you have found the right place to pour out your pain and know there are loving, compassionate people who truly understand and care about what you are going thru.
I love my boy, Rebel, when he was 4 ... he was shot.  He was also a German Shepherd.  I feel sorry for anyone who has lost a companion, but I do have a special place in my heart for German Shepherds.  We have 4 of them.  They are truly magnificient companions...they are part of us, part of our family.
I understand how you feel, and hope you can keep coming here to share your boy.  I love pictures, so feel free to share them.
hugs and prayers for you my friend
http://www.premiereshepherds.org/blog   for Rebels story
Norma and the Shadowhoffen Shepherds ~~ Rebel and Rex together forever
Remembering Rebel.. 8-21-01 ~~ 01-15-06
Remembering Rex ... 8-21-01 ~~ 01-22-11
Remembering Tala ... 9/17/2000 ~~ 8/30/11
Remembering Baron ... 3/12/98 ~~ 11/23/11
http://www.premiereshepherds.org/blog ... for Rebels memorial blog and soon to be Rex's as well

http://www.premiereshepherds.org
Quote 0 0
Princess
Dear friend first of all let me say how very sorry and saddened I am for you in the loss of your precious furbaby.  Working in rescue I see alot of cruel things but this has always stuck with me the need for the cruelty of poisoning another person's beautiful furangels.  People are cruel and some are down right evil in my opinion. 
I say this out of anger but I also say this my friend.  #1...do not let these cruel human (s) stop the love you have to give, hold onto the memories of your baby hold onto the fact that you experienced a sweet unconditional most pure of pure loves that those who hurt and abuse will NEVER feel.  #2..Hold onto this place just as Norma posted who lost her precious Shadow to an idiot , and just as I lost one of my babies to a hit and run driver, never give up...that is what the cruel people want to see the satisfaction of our loss and hurt, talk it out here we sadly know your pain.  #3..if you know who they are fight them, in a civil court or letters or anything that is "right to do", we have to be their voices as they have none..and lastly but certainly not the least ....know that not even the actions of cruel humans or death can take away the bond that you shared with your baby, we are here for you...please know that. 
Loosing a baby is hard anytime but especially hard when it is in this manner, rise above the loss and know that your precious furbaby is now in a place that no one will ever be mean or cruel again and that you are a good human for the love and devotion you showed to your baby while it was on this side.  And when your heart is ready , choose to love again, if not my owning a pet by volunteering or talking with others about changing the laws against these abusers, do whatever makes your heart heal but never give in to these monsters this is what they want. 
Again in my tears I send to you hugs and prayers of healing.
Debbie Princess, Kaizer & Maddie's mom
Quote 0 0
nana9699
Dearest friend,
I am so sorry for your loss..I lost my beloved Munchkin this past Monday morning..she is my joy and the reason for waking up to a new day...I am totally alone without her..we will get through this somehow..how I do not know..please know you are not alone..it a saving grace as agonizing as it is..my prayers are with all of you who are suffering as much as I am...this web site is a treasure for all of us...with love,Nana
Quote 0 0
vetteangel

Thank You to everyone for your kind words.  I'm so sorry that you all have lost your friends and companions.  I am greatful there is a place that we can go and there are others that understand.  Your kind words and understanding mean more than you can know.  Rico would be happy to know there is someone helping his mom thru this!

Quote 0 0