MMC
God forgive me but I didn’t do right by my trusting little Molly. Im reading all the things I could have done to prevent her death from trachea collapse. Im not sure if i can live with this
Quote 0 0
LynnCDM
MMC... I just wanted to say I’m thinking about you and feel your pain. For me, my babies death is the hardest thing I’ve ever been through. I feel completely responsible too. It had been 3 months for me. I struggle every day but the pain is not as deep today as it was 3 months ago. We will get through this, however impossible that may seem right now.

It’s clear you loved your baby and never would have intentionally done anything to hurt her.

Everyone here has encouraged me to be kind to myself. I hope you can try to do the same.
Quote 0 0
camunki
MMC so sorry about your Molly. Please do not blame yourself for her death. My beloved dog Munki had tracheal issues also, which cannot be fixed, yet she did die of cancer invading your internal organs.

Please keep posting and also know that I think every person here has some form of guilt on how we could have and should have saved our pets or done something differently. Please do not be hard on yourself.

My heart goes out to you.

Cam

Quote 0 0
Tankie12
Victoria I’m so sorry. This loss is one of the hardest to endure it has an impact that will forever change who we are. We can’t go back in time yet we feel glued to the ground and every thing we wish we’d done differently begins to shadow all the “right” that their was so much more of. What have you read that you could have done differently? I know that you realize with every episode that occurred the strain on Molly’s heart was increased and her age added to that. Steroids at her age were also very hard on her. That or surgery. You did so much to help her through this and in the end you chose your pain over hers. She could have died from lack of oxygen, but you didn’t let that happen. Please be kind to yourself, you’re not alone,,,,,
Lynn, Tankie’s mom, forever
Quote 0 0
MMC
Thank you Tankie12, its just so shocking how fast it happened. I guess thats a blessing in its self. We knew it was coming but still we weren’t ready. Bless you for your kind words.
Quote 0 0
MMC
Camunki, your kind words have helped me. Bless you and may you also find your comfort .
Quote 0 0
MMC
LynnCDM, thank you for words of comfort. I know this will take a long time to heal from but my husband and I will do one day at a time.
Quote 0 0