codysmum102
After the candlelight ceremony I was feeling at peace.  I thought maybe I had turned a corner.  Guess I was wrong because the very next day I was at home depot and I saw two people with their dogs.  They didn't even look like Cody but I could feel that pit in my stomach.  Then I passed the dog doors and I could feel the tears behind my eyes.  By the time I got out to the car I had a full on melt down, cried all the way home and for the rest of the afternoon.  This morning everywhere I look reminds me of him.  Whether I am at home or in the car or a store there is always something.  No dog to greet me with his happy dance, no one riding in the passenger seat in the car, no warm body to hold against me.  He was always there for me on my darkest days but now my days are filled with darkness and he is not there to take away the pain.  Oh Cody, you are my heart and now it's broken.  After my mom and dad passed away there you were to help me through.  After your kitty sisters Moneypenny and Poppy were gone you were there for me.  Now you're gone and the house is so empty without you.  Life will never be the same. :-(  I feel as though I am taking one step forward and a hundred steps back.  
Julie 💔
"Grief only exists where love lived first."
--Franchesca Cox
Quote 0 0
pannklaus
You are experiencing the normal grieving process.  Unfortunately, recovery doesn't occur quickly.  There will be a relatively good day or good period and then a big set back.  Seeing people with their fur babies, seeing some object that reminds you of your baby or numerous other things can cause the reaction that you are having.  It is good that the candlelight service was of some help.  That is something that you can continue to do.  If you find other things that help temporarily that is positive.  But don't expect your grief to suddenly be gone.  The amount of time that it takes people to "get better" varies a great deal as you will see as you begin to read more posts in this forum.  Some people stay in an up and down pattern for a very long time.  Others get through a few months of doing better and then it hits them all over again.  Just let the tears come when they do.  I am very sorry about your loss and the fact that you are having to experience the misery that occurs when we loose a pet who we loved so much.
Patsy
Quote 0 0
codysmum102
Thank you Patsy.  I guess the feeling of being out of control of the situation and my emotions isn't helping at all.  I always feel as I have to fix things and this can not be fixed.  I know in my head that what I'm feeling is "normal" but I hate it so much.  I depended so much on my baby boy to help me through things  He was always there for me as much as I was there for him if not more.  I just don't know what to do and I feel so helpless.  I will keep attending the candlelight ceremony and posting on here.  It does seem to help even if it's only temporary.  Thank you again.
Julie 💔
--Franchesca Cox
Quote 0 0
So sorry for your loss of Cody i know your pain i lost my two fur babies last year 10 weeks apart one was 16 the other was 12 i know with this group of loving and compassionate people we can get through together God Bless
Quote 0 0
codysmum102
632154 wrote:
So sorry for your loss of Cody i know your pain i lost my two fur babies last year 10 weeks apart one was 16 the other was 12 i know with this group of loving and compassionate people we can get through together God Bless

Thank you.  How terrible to lose your babies so close together.  When I lost my cat in 2017 I had Cody but now that he is gone too the house is so empty.  Some people say to get another pet but I can't even imagine doing thay.  God bless you too.
Julie 💔
--Franchesca Cox
Quote 0 0