harmonica
I just wanted to say Thanks to everyone who has helped me with the loss of my dog. I was feeling so awful the other day, and I'm sure it will come and go, but it was a lot of guilt. I went to sleep, depressed, and I had 2 dreams.

The first one I was walking with my Spikey around the lake, but the sidewalk stopped because the lake was overflowing the banks.  I kept going and the water was up around my ankles.  I thought... I can get through this, I will just pick Spike up. But when I turned around and told him to come he just stood there like a doe caught in the headlights.   I kept walking, and it got deeper. Pretty soon it was up to my waist. Then I thought...I'm not going to be able to get through this. So I turned around and started heading back to Spike who was waiting for me. When I got to where he was we were walking through the water and he caught a beautiful goldfish in his mouth,  it was just a beautiful feeling I can't describe it.

The 2nd dream had more anxiety, but ended so peacefully that I was sure I had contact with him.  I was at my parents house working all day. I haven't lived there for 30 years! I haven't been home in 12 either. So anyway, it was Winter time and I thought...It's so cold out, I can't believe I left Spike out in the kennel all day. I was really anxious and upset with myself, and I looked at the clock and it was dinner time. 5:30. I ran out in the snow to go get him. When I got to the kennel, the door swung open and it looked like my den. (den, get it?) Anyway, it was warm in there and there were rugs and his little bed, and he was just finishing up his meal. He looked up and saw me, (he had his eyesight back) and wagged his tail with a friendly hello like he was saying everything is alright, what are you so stressed about? You know what I mean? Then out of another room came another dog, and then another one and they looked very similar to Spike.  It was then that I realized it was his siblings, the other puppies in the litter. Some were younger, and some around his age. But he was happy hanging with them. I think this was Gods way of saying the whole litter and a genetic disorder and that my dog wasn't the only one that died early. He had so many diseases.  He would have been 11 in July. But I guess that's average. It's just that people say small dogs live until about 15 or so, and so many live a lot longer than my two did.  Both died at the same age.

So those are my dreams. I realized it was only my guilt bringing me into deep water. My baby has been with me ever since!
Lisa
Quote 0 0
Mouflesmama

Lisa how wonderful that Spikey came to show you that he was OK. I am sure that you are feeling very blessed! What a beautiful feeling that must be.

Cathy
“If there ever comes a day when we can't be together keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever”
~Winnie the Pooh
Quote 0 0
harmonica
Thanks Cathy, It REALLY did make me feel blessed! I still feel good 2 days later. I sure hope other people around here can get some relief through their sleep like I did.  It is so awful to have so much pain without any healing. I just know our animals are okay, even if we are sad and miss them. My dreamed confirmed it for me.There is no way I could have known those other dogs were in the same litter and were dead. I picked him up at the Humane society, I never saw his siblings.

Thanks again
Lisa
Quote 0 0