cyndelacyn
It has been almost 4 weeks since my sweet little Beri passed.  I can say  honestly that I am not crying as frequently.  However, I still cry daily.  It is too painful to look at her pictures right now.  I can not bear to purchase any Corgi figurines, t-shirts, etc.  I wanted to create some type of memorial write-up to send to friends and also a memorial service. I still do, but I can not do it now.  It is so unreal still, at moments. She was with me for 17 years.  She was my angel and I mean it.  I know that God sent her to me - too many coincidences lined up when this happened for this to be a coincidence.  I often feel so strange - kind of at loose ends and lonely for her little sweet self. Life seems sad.  Colors seem grey.  Acceptance is so hard  - I am not really there yet.  Maybe a little of the shock is wearing off.  I am so grateful for the people that are here and know how this feels.  Not everyone does. 
Quote 0 0
nana9699
Dearest friend,
I am so very sorry for your baby's passing..I lost my life's joy late this past Sunday night..it was totally unexpected and I am still in disbelief and shock...my Munchkin was the reason I looked forward to each new day..the 11 years I had her went by much too quickly..I ache to hold her and rub her belly..I talk to her everyday in hope she can hear me..I feel so alone without her...I want to honor her everyday and this site allows me to do that..God bless Ginny B...I pray for all of us whose hearts are broken in a million pieces...to my Munchkin:I miss you my baby girl and look so forward to seeing you and Sam again where we will never have to be apart..with LOVE from my heart and soul,Nana
Quote 0 0
sopsad
Nana,
We too lost our 10 yr Old English Sheepdog Sophie about 4 weeks ago on 17 Nov. Because of family and friends and especially the folks on this Forum, like you we still tear up daily. I just went to downtown Jackson, MS to a dog show. There were 2 OES's showing. Talked with the owners and they both know how we feel. Even teared up talking about Sophie. Just want to touch her, kiss me like she so loved to do. The closest thing to that is what I received awhile ago...........a puppy kiss from an OES! Brought me to tears again.
It will be a long while until the raw emotions of yours and our loss will be replaced entirely with warm memories and laughter at what those babies did for us during their life. But it will come.

Mike
Quote 0 0
tikidikidoo
Dear cyndelacyn,
You must allow yourself to move through your grief in your own time. Everyone is different and grief takes many forms. I lost Havana on November 20 and I know just how you feel when you say life feels sad. It is a struggle right now to get up and face the day. This will ease in time, I know, because I have been here before, though her circumstance was unique. Many people don't understand the sadness we feel. That is an ill of our society. However, I don't tend to put much weight in what other people think when it comes to a situation such as this. When we grieve for our lost friends we are honouring their memory and all that they meant to our lives. The people around me can respect that, or not. I don't really care either way. You must allow yourself to feel whatever it is you feel in any given moment. It is part of the healing process.
I am so very sorry for your loss. Our sweet animals never live long enough and we are left here to make a new path that does not include them. This takes alot of getting used but in time you will. You will have the memorial you want for your dear Beri when the time is right.
x Tiki  
Quote 0 0
cyndelacyn
Tiki, thanks so much. I"m having a rough night.  Your kind words mean alot. Take care. Cindy
Quote 0 0
heartbrokeninwisconsin
Ditto tikidikidoo.
No one will ever understand the pain that we are going through right now unless they have experienced it first hand.  Some people just don't understand how we could become so attached to our pets.  When I here of someone losing a child, I can empathize because my Sarah was like my child even though she was a dog.  I loved her just as much.  And I will miss her just a much.

Quote 0 0