Baileysbro
It was very healing.  I walked a cute puppy 6 mos old named Rollo a pit/lab mix. He was adorable, and rambunctious.  I felt myself falling in love instantly but know its not the time although I hope he does find a forever home if not  I just know eventually I may just give in and adopt or foster him.  But walking him knowing he was in a cage all day and giving him that time to be out, made all the difference.  Next time I go, I'm bringing my camera and going to take pictures of all the dogs I walk. 

Of course I was also thinking of Bailey the whole time too.
Bailey
October 31, 2002 - April 19, 2016 10:25 P.M.
My best friend, my companion, my love

[e8de4bc1-77ae-4da2-9834-109b68b6cda8]

[Paws-for-the-News-Grieving-the-loss-of-a-pet] 
Quote 0 0
SquirrelCatcher
Glad to hear it.
Quote 0 0
Bailey15
Hi there,
I was so happy to read your post! What a wonderful way to honor Bailey's memory - and also to help other dogs who (as you said) would just be sitting in a cage all day long. I love it!!
MJ :)
Quote 0 0
et61
Glad that has helped and I look forward to pictures! I couldn't do that because I'd end up taking them all home! :)
Quote 0 0
Baileysbro
et61 wrote:
Glad that has helped and I look forward to pictures! I couldn't do that because I'd end up taking them all home! :)

I wanted too. 
Bailey
October 31, 2002 - April 19, 2016 10:25 P.M.
My best friend, my companion, my love

[e8de4bc1-77ae-4da2-9834-109b68b6cda8]

[Paws-for-the-News-Grieving-the-loss-of-a-pet] 
Quote 0 0
Eddiesmom
Great news:)

Sue E
Quote 0 0
Georgiapeaches
I'm so glad I came upon your post. I'm also thinking of volunteering at a shelter but was worried that it will end up making me more depressed .
Quote 0 0
winstonsmom12
I began Fostering.  My first was Peanut.  I adopted him.  It took a while, but we fell in love.  Never is he here to replace Winston.  But i'm not lonely anymore.  I have fostered 3 others since.  it is very rewarding.  I know I played a big part in helping these beautiful dogs be happy for a while, well fed, and taken care of, until they went to their forever homes.  I suggest it to anyone who thinks they can handle it.  Luck   Sue
Susan
Quote 0 0
silvermini3
Good for you. Bailey's love doing it's thing through you...that's why he was with you in thought.
Quote 0 0
Sammi_Jo
I did the same, but it was the shelter that Sammi Jo was born in. It is healing and makes me miss her that much more at the same time. But missing her is part of the healong. 

Steven
Quote 0 0