Pootiepaws
I still try to remain happy for my little one to be without pain,  but it's still rough.  I plan on trying to console others on this wonderful site.
I thought I was at peace with pootie paws transition,  but this weekend awakened more little rituals we had together when she was happy and healthy.
The problem I've had this weekend is remembering her waking me up on the weekends when I'd sleep in by jumping on top of me because she was hungry, or sleeping on my head at the top of the pillow.
I hope these memories continue before they fade into the only remembrance of her dying in front of me.
Quote 1 0
Molly4always
The other day I suddenly remembered how my kitty would wake me up and sit on my side.  I made it a practice to not pet her in the bed at night but she kept coming back because she knew I’d eventually give in.  Remembering that just broke my heart all over again.  I’ve been writing down everything I remember so I’ll never forget.  I’m hoping that so many sweet memories will over shadow the one horrible moment that her heart stopped beating.  I hope that for you, too.
Quote 1 0
Buddy_Mama
I’ve been going through all these same things too. Last night was exactly 3 weeks since losing my boy. I want to remember our 9 years together and all the sweet memories, but sadness breaks in almost immediately every time I let a good memory in. And then my mind drifts to his last night, and how awful it was. I like the idea of writing down everything about our little rituals, the funny things he’d do, etc. so I’ll never forget. Because the thought of any memories slipping away just adds to my grief.
Cindy (Buddy’s mama)
My baby Buddy 5/4/10-3/7/20, rescued March 2011
My sweet Mandy 11/27/91-11/2/10, rescued November 1992
My beautiful Barney 4/28/73-9/7/92, adopted May 1973
Quote 0 0
Molly4always
That was my biggest fear that the memories would fade so I’ve been making a list of things she did.  Every now and then another memory pops up and I add it to my list.  I’m finding I’m thinking more about her life than that awful day it ended.  But when the memories were fresh that’s all I could think about.  I keep reminding myself that’s she’s not in pain anymore.
Quote 2 0