Redistherose
As long as I live I'll never forget that cry from my husband this past Monday.  Our darling boy had been a bit unwell for one night, then he was better, then another night he seemed uncomfortable so we knew we would be taking him to the vet first thing Monday morning.
No moaning, no blood, he ate his dinners both nights with his usual enjoyment but after eating he seemed not himself

He didn't want to lie in bed with us Sunday night but opted for the floor.  I was up at 5:30 a.m. as I just felt something was wrong.  A half hour later I heard my husband cry out "I think he's DEAD!"

And he was  -our darling little boy, Pip, and now we are all alone in a quiet, empty house and we cry off and on all day and can't imagine our future life without him.  Sweetest doggy in the world.  We are sleepwalking but wide awake.

P.S. Our dear vet said she thought he might have had an embolism or blood clot.  He was a Maltillon (Maltese and Papillon)
DSCN0441.jpg
Quote 0 0
Gmr
What a cute little baby. I am so sorry for your loss.
Quote 0 0
LaGata
Beautiful liitle guy. I'm sorry for your loss. It's so hard and has been for me these 3 weeks today. But then, I could only hear my own screams. The raw emotions you have....share them, it seems to help. It doesn't matter how, god chose. He is no longer in pain. Take comfort in one another and know you'll be together again so sweet day.
Quote 0 0
Redistherose
Thank you very much. 
Its only the second day after the bad day and I'm still in my pj's. 
So hard to go out and come home  its easier just to stay home all the time.
He was such a little character - a whirlwind spinning like a top when he saw us at the door coming home.
Looking back and doing some research we should have been much more on top of things - healthwise - although he was always so puppyish even as he grew older he was like a little baby dog - that's what we called him "baby dog." We made his own organic meals - maybe we babied him too much -too protective.
My husband is a convert to Buddhism and we have set up an altar for Pippi and pray special prayers to help him cross over to bardo where he will be safe.
Re: the photo.  We were out to brunch on a windy day  -outdoor cafe.
A huge gust of wind came up and my big menu hit me in the head (ouch) and then began sailing right towards Pip's head.  He was so quick-ducked down real fast into his carrier and avoided it.  The photo was taken when he peeked back up - like "hahhaha -it didn't get ME!"
Quote 0 0
SweetCoco
Oh my goodness! What a cute picture of your baby. It is so hard to accept when it happens so quickly. I know what it feels like to walk through the motions. I feel like my brain has been taken over by a fog since I lost my sweet Coco. The silence in my home is painfully deafening. I have to turn on the television for some noise. I second LaGata’s suggestion to share your feelings. This is a great place to do so as we are all going through the loss of our beloved pets.
Quote 0 0
Redistherose
Late afternoons and evenings are the worst.  I see him everywhere - running down the hall with his merry little mischevious grin.  Me calling out "Pippi your dinners ready" - then, 14 seconds later he would come out to the living room - first for some treats, then for his dinner.
Quote 0 0
Mistysmama
I am so sorry. Pip is such a lovely strong happy looking boy. There is such shock right now. You and your husband had no time to prepare for his passing.
There are only two things to be so grateful for....one that you ever knew him and shared with that lovely little Soul. The second -that it was fairly quick at the end, with little suffering at all. Just maybe a slightly "queer feeling". Then he crossed over.

How lovely that you have a sacred Buddhist way of helping him across. That is so beautiful.
But it seems they are okay in the Bardo. My girl actually stayed quite close to me on and off after she left, and there was nothing but joy and love from her which I could clearly sense. That took me by surprise as I had not known what to expect.

They are Souls in their own right and make their own choices. Some are quite spiritually advanced (or awakened) They can happily choose to walk between the Worlds and are safe because of their innate purity of intent.
Many humans (though not all, of course) find many pitfalls in those in-between worlds.

Then they transition completely and fully when they are ready. Many can come back to visit quite easily at certain times.

Love won't hold them back. Pure Unconditional Love will travel with them, so send out your love, even if there are tears as well.
Hold the love like a little light. It is all you have, or will ever have, to find your way home.

Misty's Blog..a Dogfight with Cancer http://www.mistysblog69.blogspot.co.uk

Misty's life after death: http://www.dog2spirit.com
Quote 0 0
Redistherose
I thought I wrote about a weird occurence we had yesterday regarding our Pet Cube camera but I guess I'm in such a dither lately I didn't get it posted.
I hope I can submit it here but its listed as a video (motion activated) so I don't know if I can post it but I will try.
Very unusual in that it shows a flash of light over Pip's little bed - this after I begged him to show us a sign that he is still with us.
Thank you so much for your lovely post. 
I copied it and sent it to my husband.
Quote 0 0