Meekosmommy
Wow I haven't posted in a while, I have been super busy, but I'm posting today because I found myself crying because I miss my little Meeko so much. Its been almost 6 months. It's hard to understand how we, as pet owners feel when we lose a pet that is so dear to our hearts. My heart is still broken over the loss of Meeko. I got a new puppy a week ago and I love her a lot but I find myself still thinking about Meeko every damn day. We just had such a special connection I can't even explain it, my heart aches when I think about all the times we spent together, cuddling and going to the dog park. I miss you Meeko, you are my heart and soul and I'm sorry your life got cut short.

I just needed to get that off my chest today. I hope everyone here is doing well and finding new ways to cope with the loss of their pet.
Quote 0 0
Thea
Hi Meekosmommy

I feel your pain. It is 5 months since I lost My precious Sweet Kitty and this morning in the middle of doing the laundry I just started crying. I wept while hanging everything up and then cried on and off all day. I'm going to bed shortly and just hope that I can get some sleep. 

I am so sorry for the loss of your precious Meeko. I pray that you will be able to form a similar connection to your new puppy as you did to Meeko. 
Sending you hugs. 

Quote 0 0
Sampson
My Condolences to you both!
Meekos mom, It will take time to form a relationship with your new puppy and it is okay to still grieve for Meeko. You had such a strong connection for a much longer time so of course you are still missing Meeko. It is normal and okay and Meeko will always be in your heart. Your new puppy needs your love and I know you have enough love in your heart for this little one too. It is a different relationship for sure, but in time you may be surprised at how your new puppy will creep into your heart as well. All the best!
S.
Quote 0 0