Forum

Author   Comment  
clowdy

Reply with quote  #1 
It's been a month and a half and I am still missing my cat Magic everyday. I dreamed about him again twice. In my first dream he was not there but there are new dogs in our household but I kept comparing them to my cat saying I can never find someone like him ever again. In my second dream there was a cat that looked like him and I kept saying again in that dream that my cat Magic is still better than that new cat I saw. I woke up saying to myself that I will never replace him in my heart and won't adopt again since it's still very painful to me. The bond I have for him is very strong. Also, there are things that is hard to explain but my other cat is mimicking his mannerism I am not sure how is that possible. My other cat is doing the exact thing he is doing when he wants to get attention when it's feeding time. My other cat is jumping on the same table and will sit there which she never did before and will look directly at us  with a begging face to give her food. My cat Magic is the only one doing that to get our attention and my other cat is suddenly doing that. 

There are times that I can keep my mind occupied with something else but as soon as I lay down to bed I start to think of him again and the cycle begins again. I love him so much and it still hurts and my heart is still bursting in pain longing for my cat.

anang

Reply with quote  #2 
Clowdy,

My heart goes out to you, and I wish that I could take some of your pain away. Your utter love for you furry baby is amazing.

h coI know that this is a sensitive topic, so please do not take my suggestion as anything but that. Talking to a professional can give you boundless insight and help into your feelings, actions, concerns. Not every behavioral health counselor is right for you! You must feel a connection with them and be able to talk openly with them. I've been to a behavioral health counselor after a close friend's suicide, my parents divorce, the loss of a cat, and the loss of a relationship. I previously worked as a behavioral health counselor for 20 years before recently becoming a school teacher for special needs children. You owe it to yourself to live a fantastic life. I can gleen from your emails that you are a a very kind and caring person.

Warm regards,
Katie

Reply with quote  #3 
Thank you for the kind words. I will do my best to take care of myself aswell. Reading posts from this forum is helping me a lot to cope with the pain I am feeling
FishChris

Reply with quote  #4 
Hello Clowdy. I'm so sorry about your kitty Magic :( I get what your saying. I love ALL of our pets (we have 3 other dogs, and 3 cats) but it doesn't take away the pain of losing our sweet Sadie Mae :( One animal no sooner "replaces" another, as does one person replace another. That's just not how it works. You might have another cat someday who you love "as much" as Magic, but it wont be Magic. I do promise though, it will get easier in time. I've used this quote a lot lately, "It wont necessarily get "better" but it will get "different" which is to say, you will always miss Magic, but you will be more likely to remember the things you loved about him, instead of the sad ending.

Reply with quote  #5 
Than you fishchris. You got exactly how I am feeling. My family kept saying me to adopt a new pet. But in my mind it is saying to me will I ever get to have someone llke Magic? What I want is him. thank you for your kind words hoping the pain will lessen in time
SLB

Reply with quote  #6 
I am so sorry - I am experiencing immense pain too and Iā€™m fortunate to have found others who understand. Sending healing thoughts to you.
Becky1990

Reply with quote  #7 
I am so sorry for the loss of your kitty Magic. What a precious name!! You will know when the right time is (if any) to adopt another animal or they may just find you!! I just lost my cat of 19 years old and he showed up in my backyard. A couple months later I come home to find another cat in our house. My husband swears that he brought her home because she was in bad shape. We didn't think she would even make it and here she is at 18 years old.
We love our animals just like they are our children and they give us unconditional love. Try not to be too hard on yourself. There is no time table for the grieving process. People will say to me 19 yrs is a long time and he had a good life. This is true but it doesn't make it easier! I learned not to reply and that usually ends the conversation.
Keep writing your feelings here for however long it takes because we are here for you. Hugs to you. šŸ’›
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.