carolk1955
I had cats in all the years from 1979 to 2017. I miss Morris and Mocha and Sheba and Toby and Bear and some others whose names I can't remember. I loved them all and each was very special. In 2017 I moved to a personal care home where I can't have a cat and I feel so lonely without one. Today I am grieving for all of them. I am thinking about moving into my own apt again so I can have a cat. My husband died in 2017 and so I feel the need to share love. I believe that all my cats are at the Rainbow Bridge waiting for me. Without a cat it feels like something is missing in my life. 
Carol J Klotz
Quote 0 0
ZiggyMom
I understand. I've had kitties in my life since I was a baby, and I can't imagine life without them. If you can, do check into places that will allow you to have a cat. The love they give will bring joy to your life. I'm nearly 65, single, and I have 7 senior kitties, and 1 a bit younger. It's hard when it comes time to say goodbye, but they enrich my life in so many ways, and their love sustains me. Take care and good luck.
Quote 0 0
Molly4always
Carol, I know how you feel.  I just lost my kitty in January and my home seems so empty without her. She slept with me every night and I want so much to lean over and hold her one more time. I’m holding off getting another cat because I have two senior cockatiels.  My first responsibility is to make the remainder of their lives the best.  But I do miss Molly so much.  I hope you’re able to find a way to have another cat in your life.  The love we share with them is one of life’s pure joy.
Quote 0 0
butters_mom
I've been mourning losing my kitty back on Good (not!) Friday, I previously lost another in 2016 and now I have one kitty left. I keep dwelling on what'll happen when he finally goes and I'm left with literally nothing to live for (six years ago I hit on very hard times and eventually lost my home and had to move into my mom's basement, I still haven't recovered financially, so getting another cat is not an option). I've always planned to head overseas when both my kitty and my mom are no longer around, I'm now seriously considering Istanbul (see the movie "Kedi" if you're unfamiliar with the stray cat situation there) or one of Japan's "Cat Islands"...
Quote 0 0