FishChris
Two days ago, our beloved Sadie Mae, lost her battle, with a still unknown (probably viral) stomach infection. She had been diagnosed with Lymphoma 6 months ago, but after treatment with prednisone, she was doing amazingly better ! I mean, you would not have even known she was sick ! 
Took her to the vet about 10 days ago for a cancer check, and she passed with flying colors ! Then, that very same night, she ended up with severe diarrhea, and vomiting. It never got better :( At that point they even tried a feeding tube, but she crashed, and died that night :( \

I know, I know, "everybody" says their dog is "the most special dog that ever lived"..... Just like kids I guess. But I just have to say, although I've met a LOT of dogs in my 55yrs, I have never met one so deeply thoughtful, sweet, intelligent.... 

Now, one of our other 3 is starting to vomit too :( Almost certainly has the same virus that took our Sadie :( We are just hoping that she will be able to fight it off better than Sadie, as she does not have a pre existing condition.

I will never forget this dog if I live to be 100 ! And can't quit crying about her :(

Sadie sm.jpg 
Sadie Mae was a McNab, which is derived partly from a Border Collie. Maybe why she was so darn smart. I think this shot shows in her eyes, how much of a thinker she was.
Animal lover and photographer
Quote 0 0
anang
FishChris,

My deepest sympathy for the loss of your beautiful Sadie Mae. You gave her the greatest gift of a comfortable, happy, healthy, peaceful life. Unfortunately, not all dogs have that privilege. I hope that your three other doggies are healthy and continue to provide you with joy and love.

You will find a great deal of love and support on this site. Although it's unfortunate, everyone here has endured the loss of a beloved furry child.

Warm regards,
Katie 
K. Unger
Quote 0 0
FishChris
Than you Katie. Pets are just SO awesome, and unconditionally loving.... But I guess every plus has its minus.... Kind of ironic, that loving them so much when they are here, is what makes it so bad when they are gone :(

Just keep remembering how she would get so excited to see me, she would have to grab a toy and shake it to pieces to release her energy ! She was so goofy like that 😉 Or, if I asked her, Sadie Mae, wheres the squirrel ? ... She would literally run to the tree and make all kinds of weird sounds, like she was talking to me.... "Over here ! Its right up here" .......I just freaking loved that dog !  :(
Quote 0 0
Memories_of_Marmalade

Dear Chris,

I too send you my sincerest condolences on your recent loss of your Sadie Mae. I have written many times on this forum about how taken aback I am when ever I see photo images of people's pets here on the forum, especially the "knowingness" in their eyes. Your Sadie has that in spades. Truly a remarkable image of her. She was a beauty and you can see the keen intelligence and awareness in her eyes.

Thank you for sharing a bit of her and your story and for that wonderful and memorable image of her. Now we will be able to remember Sadie too.

My kindest regards,
James
Quote 0 0
FishChris
Thank you so much James. Yes, Sadie was always such a thinker. As I have said, we have 3 little Dachshund, Chihuahua, and Chiweenie mixes, who of course we love to pieces. But when it comes to deep thoughtfulness, they just are not even on the same page. 
Anytime we would talk to Sadie, she would first look straight at us, to show us that we had her attention, then she would look slightly off, with the same look in the above photo, as she contemplated whatever we were telling her. I don't know if I've ever met a human that paid so close attention to what I was talking about. 

.....two of my beautiful Girlfriends
gg 2 portait fix s.jpg 
Quote 0 0
Jan_H
What wonderful pictures of Sadie Mae! Clearly she was smart, gorgeous and loving.

I hope your other dog recovers and the other two do not get sick. Keep us posted.

Jan
Quote 0 0
FishChris
Thank you Jan. Yes, actually Roxie has not had any vomiting today, or diarrhea, and is acting hungry as usual. We are almost certain she did get a touch of the same virus that took our Sadie, but unlike Sadie, who had been diagnosed with lymphoma 6 months ago (compromising her immune system), Roxie seems to be fighting it off well.
Quote 0 0