Boomboom
Compared to what others are feeling & going thru. I should feel happy . but I don't. & I should. I should be happy for the long 11yrs he had. & I am. 11yrs or so ago my buddies aunt gave him an 7wk old white girl boxer that he named Cotton. I had jus bought my 1st house & was kinda looking for a dog but I was wantin a chocolate lab or a Rottweiler. I rode out to his aunt's house w him a wk later( she bred them) & as soon as I opened the truck door & before I could get out there was an 8wk old boxer pup staring up at me . soon as we made eye contact it was over. I got out picked him & never let him go for 11yrs. Him & Cotton grew up together as babies, teenagers adults & old folks. I would watch her alot & my buddy would watch boomer alot. Its like they knew they were brother & sister. They both lived extrodianary amazing fun filled lives. During the holidays both our moms would always send home a plate for them. They had thanksgiving supper every yr , Xmas, Easter, you name it. It didn't have to be a holiday either. They swam, they ran free, they got their grilled steaks ( burgers, even biscuits & gravy.) Had warm beds. Boomer always had to know where I was. If he lost sight of me then his ONLY mission in life was to find out where I was. Food wouldn't even stop him in his tracks when he was on his mission. I took him took work w me when I was on 2nd shift alot of times. I live on a dead end street. Everyone knows him, loves him. He'd always make his rounds & mark his territory as if he were checking the perimeter. He loved me more then life itself . & I loved him more then life itself. Idk know who loved me more, him or my mom lol.. When he was about one I had him on his leash at kind of a lil party., & we were in a group circle talking when everyone started laughing. He had hiked his leg & peed on me as if he was claiming me lol.. See he went everywhere with me. Cotton too alot. I could go on & on...........I guess what im trying to say is, I read alot on here about how ppl wish they'd done this or wished they'd done that ( beating themselves up for it. But there's nothing I wish or regret that I did or didn't do w him ...I could not build or dream up a better dog. My uncle who's not really a dog person told me , look, " it was a match made in heaven & you 2 were meant to be together, you gave him the best life a dog could ask for..( I have buddies @ work that said if they were ever reincarnated they wana come back as my dog) lol....my uncle continued " you took care of him the best way you could have up until his last breath" he said" he said he kissed you 3x before he went as you held him & whispered in his ear as he took his last breath..He said" Boomer had a picture perfect life& he could not have asked for a better ending with me there. I totally agree 150% . I'm very lucky, thankful & blessed that had him this long. Cotton also. But all I keep thinking about is the few min before when he was so stressed out (as always) in the vets office . & all he wanted to do was go home & for me to get him outa there line so many x before & I didn't this time & its really really taking a toll on me. I know I shouldn't dwell on that part but I do cus I feel like I let him down & that he's mad at me. I wish I could think about all the x before like I mentioned above but I just can't seem to shake that part. I wish I could confidently believe I did the rt thing. For the most part I do. But I 2nd guess myself. Therex absolutely nothing I should be sad about other then the fact that he isn't here. I want to confidently believe i gave him the best life possible w out thinking about the last few min he wanted outa there. I want to think about him & smile, not cry.....he left me on Fri & the Fri before I had to let cotton go also cud my buddy couldn't do it , so I hope they are inseparable up there as they were down here. Again I know how lucky I am I just can't convince myself
Quote 0 0
Gamcc
I had to let my Gracie go this morning. I came home and put away all the toys and beds and now tonight I’m getting a bed and toy back out. I miss her so much.
Quote 0 0
Furevrmommasbabies
BoomBoom,

I know exactly how you feel. Yesterday I was having a crying episode filled with guilt and angry at myself. My daughter had recently lost her bunny in her arms a few weeks ago and she was giving me some advice which does help a little. She told me to instead of looking back right now at the memories and hoping that will be enough to take the pain away, try to think about where they are right now. They are in a place of pure bliss, no pain, no anger, no fear- only love. I hope this helps you too. I’m sending lots of love out to all of us
Quote 0 0
lpsmom
BoomBoom, love being sent your way. Your soulmate in animal form is at peace and wants you to be happy. You have so many great memories in your heart that you will never forget. That's your baby's legacy.

Quote 0 0
Boomboom
Thank you all !!!! My heart jus aches for him
Quote 0 0
Gamcc
Last night was so hard. First night without Gracie. I got her bed and 1 toy and set it beside my bed and that helped.
Quote 0 0