Shanes_Mommy
Its been 3 weeks since I lost my baby Shane.He was my 14 year old beautiful Siberian Husky.I literally have barely ate anything but sips of soup,i cant sleep my bodies so exhausted from crying day and night and cant leave the house because I cant function.It was just me and him I was with him day and night.he was my whole world nothing else made me happier then just being with my dog.I cry hysterically and cant believe the only thing that mattered to me most in my life is gone.My body is physically and emotionally exhausted and I cry this pain would be over if I just joined him in heaven.My family keeps telling me hes in a better place if its such a better place then that's where I want to be too so I can be free of this unbarable pain.Ive read other posts on here of the pain their going through but I just cant imagine them feeling how much pain I am.I really cant take living my life without him.Cant handle the guilt of the pressure the vets gave me to put him to sleep.I wish over and over again I can take that day back and brought him home.I cant I cant take this pain anymore.I live alone he was my whole life the only thing that put a smile on my face everyday.My life is gone my happiness is gone.I cry day and night im crying now.Oh god why did this happen.I wasn't prepared.He cant be gone.I cant take living like this. 1002686_1063042330388329_1286344720622560207_n.jpg 
Quote 0 0
Shanes_Mommy
Please I need some encouraging words how to get through this pain!
Quote 0 0
mybaby1robert
The desperation in your post is so painful that I am concerned for you.  It is of little consolation to hear that your baby is in a better place. It does not feel like that.  It is not possible to even tell how it feels.  It is the loss of a child -a part of your soul.  They are our connection to all that is good in the world and in ourselves and we are lost without them.  I can't tell you when it gets better.  It has yet to get better for me.  I have felt comfort at he Monday candlelight ceremony.  Admitting to crying through most of it.  I have also set up my memorial with candles each day.  I am waiting for a peace about it.  I think it comes when it is time.  I promised my Robert that I would do kindness for shelter and homeless creatures in his name.  I pray that you can hold on and find something to help you honor your lost baby.

Quote 0 0
shantismom
To Shanes Mommy,
In October when my cat Shanti had to be put to sleep I felt as though "What am I going to do without my baby".  He gave me love, companionship and he gave me someone to love as well.  The pain seemed unbearable but I remembered something that I had thought when my mother died If I had never had the love, I would never have had the pain but in the end the love I had is worth it.
I really don't know what to say to help ease your pain but I can see that you loved Shane and he loved you and that is a gift.  The grief you feel will not ease overnight, it takes time and sometimes it seems as though it will never get better but it does get better a little at a time.  After a while you will be able to open your heart and your home to another dog who needs that love and you will find that the emptiness is no longer the dominant thing you feel.  Will you ever get over the loss, I would say no but you will recover from the unbearable grief that you feel now.
I will keep you in my prayers.
Belive me we all know the pain but we all know too that they were worth it.
Marlene Wagner
Quote 0 0
AliceM
Shanes Mommy, I am so sorry for your loss. Shane is a very beautiful boy.  I wish I knew the magic answer as how to deal with the pain.  I lost my little girl Cali 6 days ago so the pain and sense of loss is still very recent for me.  It is not an easy process to get through.  I have been mad at everyone...my husband for not thinking I should be there when my baby took her last breath, the vet for not operating soon enough, at God for seemingly ignoring all my prayers, and the one I am the hardest on is myself for not seeing that my baby girl was so ill and seeking help sooner.  It's a normal part of the grieving process.  I'm sure everyone here, me included, think no one else is experiencing the overpowering pain that they are.  I woke up this morning and decided that this is the day that I was going to stop beating myself up over what happened.  I know that I did the best I could at the time and your Shane knows that you loved him so dearly and did the best that you could at the time also.  I hope some others here who are so much better at expressing themselves than I am will tell you what they are doing to try to cope with their loss. I do hope that your pain eases soon.  Take care of yourself and you and Shane will be in my thoughts.
AliceM

Quote 0 0
Dalidog
Shane's mommy..  I read your post with tears streaming down my face.  I know EXACTLY how you feel.  When my Dali left 5 months ago I would have given anything to go that day too.  I still feel I am ready anytime I am called home, can't wait to be with her. I lost 20 pounds, had to be put on antidepressants, and still cry EVERY day.  I sleep with her picture and am trying to do a memory book, but haven't been able to handle making it because I shake and cry when I try.  She was my everything and always will be.  I didn't have Christmas this year,  or Thanksgiving...wouldn't be the same without her.  I got her the month my youngest son left for college so it was me and her for 12 1/2 years.  She IS my daughter.  I did everything around her, so I know how you feel.  I had to find ways to honor her, so I release balloons with notes to her, donate to the shelters in herr name, even write her name on bills before I put them in the collection plate at church.  My Dali will always be important to me and I am older so have no desire to ever have another pet.  I had the best.   I can relate to your post so well...  and I can tell you that you are at the right place.  Without this forum, I know I would not have survived the last 5 months.  Our babies wanted us to be happy, they brought us unconditional love and happiness, so I know they wouldn't want us to grieve so much......BUT with great love comes great grief.   We will be reunited with them when the time is right and maybe then we will understand why they had to go, maybe to pave the way.  Your  Shane is very beautiful...note I say IS..He is still with you.  Hugs to you and Shane from me and my Dali

Dali, as much a daughter as any human...  pure love
Until we meet again

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/DALI003/Resident.htm

Quote 0 0
Bubbasmama
Shanes Mommy, I lost my baby last Tuesday and I know what you are going thru. He was 19 years old and I had him since he was 2. I cry constantly and the pain is overwhelming. I kept telling myself he was doing fine, but I finally had to face the truth. Then, I kept telling myself he would go on his own. I finally had to face the truth about that also, and let him go. I don't know how to cope with the loss or the huge hole in my heart. Please know there are a lot of us out here that are going thru the same horrific loss. I know it does not lessen the pain ( it does not lessen mine either ). But I just keep praying that time will help.
Quote 0 0