jdb79 Show full post »
Bellarosa
Beautiful Jake he will wait for you at the Rainbow Bridge with my beautiful Bella you will see him again
Jan
Quote 0 0
carmenc45
I just cried reading your post . I am so sorry to hear about Jake . I had to put down my dog last October . It was so hard . I couldn't let him go . I went through so much and he was always there . I am still not over his death . I know you are hurting right now . It breaks my heart to hear his suffering . Jake is at peace now . He will always love you ❤️. That love will never die . I will pray for you to have peace . I was depressed too . I couldn't really eat and lost a lot of weight . He is so cute . 😊
Carmen C Moore.
Quote 0 0
carmenc45
I will always miss my dog . He was my buddy . I had him for 13 years . I will never forget him .
Carmen C Moore.
Quote 0 0
wmmarine
My thoughts and prayers go out to you and I wish you a sense of peace in the days ahead. It is never easy to lose our furry or feathered family members. Some people around us don't understand the loss as they have never had the joys of having furry or feathered family. When I go through the loss of one such member, and having adopted and rescued over the years, each loss has touched me deeply, I try to remember the love and care I shared with them. Sadly, so many never get that love and I try to remember how very much loved, cared and spoiled each one was. I lost my cat Tiki, who was 16 on Christmas Day. I miss him terribly, yet know he had a wonderful life. Please try to remember what you have as well as received. At 17, he had a good life. Find peace in that you have made the most loving decisions for him.
Ronda Hobbs
Quote 0 0
whisker
When my kitty of 18 years was nearing the end of her life a couple of years ago, I pleaded with the universe to let me go with her. I didn't want a life without my Boo, my Tulip, my reason for being. But the day came anyway, despite my protests. The worst is how empty and quiet our house felt when she was gone. It is truly heartbreaking. Somehow after about 5 months I found myself at the local shelter meeting a new cat who needed a home. It was a bit rough at first, he was no Tulip, but since then Dexter has really filled the hole in my heart and home. He is truly an angel from heaven come to rescue me. I am sincerely sorry for your loss and I hope that one day, like me, you'll heal and love again. Hugs to you and your dearly beloved Jake.
Quote 0 0
dixielil6
So sorry you are grieving the loss of your beloved Jake.  2 weeks is not a long time...it may take much longer, I'm told. Especially since you took care of a pup that needed a lot of special attention.  I too, am still grieving the loss of my beloved first dog, Simba, and he would have been 16 today.  It's been 3 weeks and the tears are still flowing, as I've decided to scatter some of his ashes on our favorite trail.  May you find comfort in your memories of him.  

Quote 0 0
Sammi_Jo
Its been almost a year for me, and I still miss her like crazy.  The third day after her passing, I lost my mind and kept begging God to give her back to me.

I am so sorry you lost your friend of 17 years. But the pain you feel now and will continue to feel is well worth the 17 years of unconditional love and loyalty your friend gave you. There is no words that can ease your pain, but know we are going thru this with you. 

I always suggest to write your dogs biography Tell all of us his life story, like Marley and Me. Its more theraputic than you think and it allows us to know Jake so we can feel your pain. 

Your pain is normal, but I wont lie, its going to take some time to ease that pain. Just know I believe in my heart that you will be reunited with Jake.

If it makes you feel any better, I heard Sammi Jos bark two months after her death. I know she was telling me she was ok and going to heaven. God Bless you and if you need to talk, I will be there to listen ad I am sure many other are as well. 
Steven
Quote 0 0
jdb79
Thanks Sammi Jo. Today I was able to look at the pictures from the day he was euthanized and from the day before. It was hard but he looked 100 times sicker/worse from Monday to Tuesday. He looked confused, worn out, and weak. I ask myself should I have asked more questions or done more or tried to give him more time? Then I remember the seizures and how he stopped eating and drinking and couldn't sleep well. His doc found a tumor in his abdomen the day of and said mostly likely it was growing rapidly. I tell myself I stopped him from declining further and from being unhappy. He fell in his cart and was wobbly that Tuesday and he wouldnt eat. He loved to eat and run around in his wheeler cart and when he couldn't it was heartbreaking and he couldn't be happy that way.

It breaks my heart to think about it in the end and I try to remind myself there were 17 years before those last two days that I should celebrate. Its so hard with my buddy having gone ahead of me.

I feel so guilty for not knowing what was happening, the little signs before the random seizures began. It was an acute rapid decline, like it hit really hard all at once and in 6 weeks time he hit the wall where his body couldn't fight anymore.

His big heart and wonderful spirit wouldnt give up but his tired body couldn't go on. The tumor in his liver was affecting its function and in turn the brain was compromised.

I miss him so very much. I feel so much guilt over the last weeks of his time here. There is no known cause as to why they develop tumors but I cant get past the guilt.

I know I will  see him there, waiting for me, when my time to pass from this life has come I wont fear it. 3 weeks tomorrow, I feel so alone without my best little dude.
jdb
Quote 0 0
Bobobear
I know how it feels when your heart is in a million pieces, I just lost my girl yesterday, easter. Nothing I can say will make you feel better, but our fuzzy children would want us to save another life when the time calls us to. I'm so sorry that your best friend has died, he will never forget the love you gave him.
Missing my Roxy
Quote 0 0
jdb79
Bobobear wrote:
I know how it feels when your heart is in a million pieces, I just lost my girl yesterday, easter. Nothing I can say will make you feel better, but our fuzzy children would want us to save another life when the time calls us to. I'm so sorry that your best friend has died, he will never forget the love you gave him.

So sorry for your loss, I know how bad it hurts. It is almost inconceivable they go on ahead of us. I know one day when my time comes I will not fear it, I will see my furry friend's sweet faces and rejoice with loved ones.
jdb
Quote 0 0
Bobobear
Jdb79, it sounds like your little buddy had the same cancer as mine. Aggressive and incurable. I'm 100% sure you did the best thing for him, enjoyed him to the end. Try not to beat yourself up, you didn't cause his illness and you stuck with him when he needed you most.
Missing my Roxy
Quote 0 0
Almita
Hello JDB I just came upon your post from 2017 and it reminded me of my Alma...I let her go August 1st....she was 17 and 10 months old so similar to your baby. She was with me since she was 6 months old. She was basically ok until 2 days before her passing when she had a seizure followed by a short unconsciouness. Then 2 days later another seizure that almost choked her.
It was terrible to watch and although I never found out what the exact cause was I was told that it must have been something grave because at that age seizures are not a good sign.

Nonetheless I replayed this moment 15 Million times in my mind wondering what I could have done or should have done or whether I should have waited....I will never know. I was told I probably spared her a lot of pain and I survive on that phrase. 

I am sorry you too had to go through this and your baby looks awesome and cute. I hope you are better now. x
Alma, the light of my life in my darkest hours....you will be missed forever...
Quote 1 0
Mo
Hello JBD and Almita
I've read your posts, and my story is the same as yours. My Gracie was 16 1/2. The last few months she really went down. She started to have seizures, and every time she had one I thought that she wouldn't make it. It broke my heart to watch her. I felt like I was feeling her pain.
Almita ...like you I've replayed the day at the Vet over and over...was it too soon? Gracie stopped eating and could barely walk. I had to pick her up to take her outside. But still wish she was here with me.
It's been since June 18th,2018...and some days it all comes back...I miss her so much
I'm so sorry for your loss, but I'm so glad we have found each other here and all the support helps.
Quote 0 0
wmmarine
Mo,
It's always a tough decision because we do it because of the love of them. Just think how much love was received by both of you. I think of the many cats and dogs who never ever feel that love. This is the one thing I always try to remember, that love I gave to make their life better. And they mine. Everyone has their beliefs but I believe we will see them again. My you find peace in the love you gave and received.
Ronda
Ronda Hobbs
Quote 0 0