Forum

Author   Comment   Page 3 of 3      Prev   1   2   3
donnalee

Reply with quote  #31 
Neva's Mom, I wrote you earlier encouraging you to not feel guilty about Neva survival and I certainly meant that.  However, I also wanted to tell you that I also have that other kind of guilt that you described in your most recent post....Guilty because I'm feeling so sad when there are others in the world that are suffering so terribly with  horrible problems.   I've even felt guilty because I've taken this loss of my little furry boy harder than lthe loss of some humans who have passed away.  I am not able to admit that to anyone else except the friends at this website!  As humans, we are capable of many feelings, so, while I'm so thankful for so much in my life, I'm also giving myself permission to work through this grief and I'm trying to let go of the guilt! 
That is why I'm so glad I found the wonderful people  at this forum because, here, I can say what I truly feel and I know no one judges me AND they understand.  I realize others feel the same way and then I feel less guilty.  I only tell you all this  because I wanted you to know you are not the only one with such feelings.  You are  understood here.  Maybe we can all help each other work through this guilt!  I'm pretty sure guilt doesn't do us any good!
On the other thing you feel guilty about, I have to say one more time, we WANT Neva to survive this ordeal.   Believe me, it would make me and I'm sure others very, very happy for Neva to return to health.  We all share a lot of sadness & grief, so it would be fantastic to hear some good, happy news!   
nevaforever

Reply with quote  #32 
Thanks so much for all the positive responses and thoughts plus all the wonderful good wishes.

I hope all of you meant it, about not to feel guilty and wanting a reason to celebrate despite your losses because.......

NEVA IS HOME!!!!

I just can't believe it.  She is even a dog again.  Basically the first 48 hours at home were critical. To see if she could breathe okay, get out of the car, into the house, moving around at home without her lungs/trachea/esophagus entry/exit wounds repturing. Or the seal breaking. And she did good.

THEN>>> After 3 days at home and back to the vet, the xrays said her air build up from her longs were better.   And that her breathing is still slowly getting better on her own.  Her heartbeat is slowly also getting back to a good level and you can't hear her "sucking" air as much which was caused by the air leaking into her chest cavity.

We have strict restrictions with her and most of it not to let her exert herself since her injuries can be/are/were serious and may cause death quickly. This is scary but I also am counting my blessings and I realize that anything can happen anytime to her or any of us so I try to be okay with this. In just 5 more days, she will be off pain meds.

Her tissues around her heart/thorax are slowly reabsorbing air in her cavity's and doc's say to treat conservatively. Breathing high flow oxygen will increase the absorption of her air and is no longer compressing her heart (!!!).

Surgery is still somewhat being suggested to repair the holes in her trachea and esophagus. I hope each visit this becomes more & more a less likely option and we won't ever have to think about it.  You can tell that it is hard for her to lie on the side of her lung collapse but vet says it is important to allow full inflation of the unaffected lung.

I read every response more than a couple times. It really is how I managed.  I hope many of you will find some joy from your sorrow. This forum is my blessing. Although I have to admit that I felt so sad about Neva and then so sad about Maggie, Scottie, Buddy, TJ, Dot, Lady Bug, Lucy, Jasmine, Harley, Tucker, Bubbie, etc. But this forum is what helped me be strong, ESPECIALLY during the waiting & waiting minute by minutes. Thank you so very much for helping me get through this. I don't think I handled it very well but only my friends on the forum know this ;-)

Thank you so much for letting me share. For not being judgmental, for caring, for being non-conditional and most of all - understanding and me feeling understood. Oh, and for the suggestions on how to pay for it.  This is another thank you.

OH - the vet also said - in THREE weeks (from now) she could be a normal dog.

YES. I just can't believe it. I have never been or felt 'lucky' before.

I think she knows I'm sorry too.  I hope so because I really am sorry. I still think of all the things I could have done different or handled differently.  Neva has even taught me so much - about stress, hope, forgiving, being unconditional, accepting and LOVE! 

Attached Images
jpeg neva5.jpg (43.20 KB, 11 views)
jpeg neva4.jpg (41.09 KB, 15 views)
jpeg neva6.jpg (56.50 KB, 12 views)

donnalee

Reply with quote  #33 

That is WONDERFUL news!!!  Prayers have been answered.  Really, this news put a big smile on my face and a warm feeling in my heart! I'm sure you will do as they advise, just take it so slow with her.  If the vets continue to say the surgery is necessary for her to live a normal life, I hope you will consider the suggestions Susie made.  I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm not rich or anything but I would contribute whatever I could if you had something set up to collect donations.   However, if she recovers without the surgery and does fine without it, then that's even better!  You take good care of yourself, your family, and your very SPECIAL Neva.  You deserve a little break after all this.   

Debi

Reply with quote  #34 
Hi Neva's Mom, I've been reading and checking on Neva's prgress...and I'm so happy that you've had a happy ending...hoping that things continue to get better, what a strong, beauitful furry baby....
  Don't feel quilty at all...we need these "happy endings"....helps lift our own sorrow....and gives us something to smile about!  Hugs...Debi

Reply with quote  #35 

Thank goodness! I am so releived!!!  I have been following Neva's story and been waiting with baited breath! I am so happy she is home, and now that she is, she will really thrive and heal and be 100% in no time at all.  Just not her time to go to the Bridge yet, and we are all so thankful for that.  What a blessing!

puki

Reply with quote  #36 

I am so relieved to hear Neva pulled through this. I was with you everyday, praying ang hoping, and waiting to hear an update as if I know you personally. I am so glad for your happy ending. Enjoy every moment with her like it is the last. I wish I would have done that with my Puki. After I lost him he taught me to appreciate everyday as if it were the last. Love your family and appreciate every day that you have with them.  I am so happy for you!  

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.