loft2111
1 week ago today, I've posted my story about Little Man. I just broke down and cried hysterically while hugging and smelling his leash. Is there any light from this pain? How do you get through the agony and carry on? I was frantically searching the web about what may have killed him and what breed he was, in this normal? I don't even know what to think my mind is so clouded.
Quote 0 0
Bellamum
I am so sorry that your Little Man has gone onto Rainbow Bridge.  I know the emptiness and the grief that you are feeling right now.  Luckily though, he is not suffering.  He is happy and playing and enjoying himself with all of the other dearly loved babies.  It is us who are left to suffer.  
You asked, "Is there any light from this pain" "How do you get through the agony and carry on?"  They are the questions that we are all asking.  I think grief is a bit of a rollercoaster ride.  I know that now, 6 months after saying goodbye to my gorgeous beagle, Bella, I have some ups and downs.  Just when I begin to think that I am learning how to cope without her, I have a setback and seem to go right back to the distress that I felt in the early days.  I don't think there is a time frame that we can rely on.  Many wonderful, supportive people on this forum have reassured me that while we will always miss Little Man and Bella, we will gradually learn how to cope with our "new normal".  We won't like it, but we will adjust to it.
Be assured that everything that you are feeling is normal.  We are all going through it with you and we are here to listen if you need to express your feelings to people who totally understand.
I wish you peace and healing.
Karen
(Bella, Charli and Buddy's very lucky mum)

My gorgeous girl, Bella  26/07/2004 - 03/04/2014
"You were once by our side, but you will be forever in our hearts. Until we meet again baby girl."
Quote 0 0
Miming
I'm sad to hear what happened to your Little Man. I also lost my cat, Miming days ago.
I also did the same thing you do. Searched online on how to get over the pain and how to feel better even just a bit. At work, I cry in front of my monitor, I work but tears are flowing my cheeks. I can't stand the pain that I have to take a break and cry inside the Ladies Room. We feel weak, we feel devastated. Up to now, I'm still denying the fact that Miming is gone. And after reading such warming messages here, I feel the comfort. 
I hope we all can find peace inside of us. Stay strong, your Little Man is watching you from above. He's so lucky to have you as his good friend and guardian. He feel loved. :)
Hi I'm Jessie, Mother of Miming
I love you baby.. My happiness, my bliss..forever in my heart..
Miming
(May 20, 2014 to October 7, 2014)
Quote 0 0
patent123
There is always light at the end of the tunnel.  Sometimes that light just takes longer to reach.  I to smell my dogs collar from time to time.  Its so dirty from her rolling around in the yard but it still smells like her.  I still use the same laundry detergent to.  In her final days I was washing so much bedding and she started to smell like our detergent.  Its painful to do laundry and smell that BUT it also makes me feel close to her.  I think we all search for an explanation as to why our friends got sick, injured, and so on.  I know I did to wondering if I could have done something to prevent it, done more to fix it, I just wanted an answer. For me I am still so sad and cry for her.  I think about her CONSTANTLY.  I realized what we had was SO SPECIAL and no matter what it always will be.  I know someday I will see her again and in the time being she is watching over me.  I make it a point to tell her goodnight before bed and I still tell her ashes goodbye each morning.  When I got her ashes back I some what let her go.  I told her it was ok to cross over.  I told her I just wanted her to be happy again.  I wanted her to have friends and a family like she did here on earth.  I told her how sorry I was for letting her go and I hope I made the best decision for her.  After this I feel less heavy.  I'm still so sad and miss her so much but I feel a little tension off my shoulders.  I feel like I had to let her go so she could have her new happy.  Maybe holding a little memorial might help? I guess thats what I sort of did with just me as I said goodbye.  It doesn't take away the pain but it does bring a little bit of comfort.  Bottom line is grief takes time.  We all have to work through our pain in a way that best suits us.  It isn't easy and it really sucks.  I still struggle with my sadness, guilt, and all the what ifs.  Give yourself time to grieve and heal.  As always come here when you need to just let it out.  I'll be thinking of you.  
Quote 0 0
loft2111
Thank you everyone.  I'm glad to see I'm not going crazy, I feel like an out of body experience, going through my days as though I am being forced to.  I miss him so very much, it aches my whole body. I pray and hope that all of our hearts start to heal and we can move past the pain.
Quote 0 0
Mistysmama
Hold the love, and know that your little Man is not dead. Only his body -the body he used here and which broke -is dead. His Soul and spirit are not dead, and they are real living things. He still loves you. He has just moved into a finer dimension. Love can reach where he is.

I still have times when I deeply miss my Misty, and she has been gone 2 years and 4 months. But on many days I sense the love still alive.

That dimension where they are isn't so far away in the Heart. It just seems far away, when we look at the world around us, and all the obvious things. Look for the secret things. Bless you, and little Man. 
Hold the love like a little light. It is all you have, or will ever have, to find your way home.

Misty's Blog..a Dogfight with Cancer http://www.mistysblog69.blogspot.co.uk

Misty's life after death: http://www.dog2spirit.com
Quote 0 0
loft2111
Thanks. I see subtle signs of him around. I just hope we made the right decision to let him go.
Quote 0 0