Derrick
My 5 year old mini schnauzer was put to sleep on Thursday 5th March.
I miss him, The house is so quiet without him, Everything is a reminder. I live alone, dont have many family or friends. My anxiety and panic is too much for me to handle. I cant stop crying. Why did I agree with the vets... I had no idea it would be this hard. I feel so alone right now and all I want is my boy. 

How can I get over this? Please help
Quote 0 0
PaintdWlf1
What is his name? What was wrong with him?
PaintdWlf
Quote 0 0
PaintdWlf1
2 days ago. That's still very fresh. I'm certain he doesn't want you to have anxiety or panic attacks. If you're under a doctors care, keep doing what you're supposed to. Was he your first dog? Because it never gets easier. My dog passed 2/16. I still look to fill her water bowl. Crying is cathartic. Has to be done. Pick him up. Hold him close. Pet him. Include his favorite scratches. Thank him for the privilege of having cared for him. Tell him he has your support and recommendations for whatever  is next. Take your tissues, wipe your cheek. Not just tears there. Doggy kisses too. Repeat as necessary. Make sure we hear back from you by Monday.
PaintdWlf
Quote 0 0
Whosmylilbaby
I had to put my sweet boy down the day before you sent your baby to heaven. He was the best dog in the world. He could read my thoughts. He slept with me every day.  The pain is unbearable. I understand what your saying. I ran out of money. My baby needed an “exploratory” surgery. There was no guarantees. After painfully thinking overnight I decided to send him. To heaven. If he was in pain he probably wouldn’t have told me or showed it. He was a though boy. He was a beautiful white bichon with soft hair and the most gentle beautiful eyes. I share your pain. I can’t truly function at the moment. I don’t know how to help you relax but I will tell you you’re not alone in your pain. 
Quote 0 0
Kristie777
I’m so sorry for your loss. I understand how you feel. I lost my dog Zack on 3/5 also, to bone cancer. I am so heartbroken 💔
Kristie
Quote 0 0
Whosmylilbaby
I’m sorry to bombard you with my details on my earlier post. I hope you find peace. I was very emotional when I was responding to your post. Like I said I share your pain. It somehow felt like my pain and your pain was something we had in common. Like someone actually understands me. Your post described a lot of what I’m feeling. I shared with some people about my pain and they dismissed me. As if it was no big deal. I guess what I can take from it is that we were lucky to have connected with a sweet lil animal and they never have. We are very lucky for that. 
Quote 0 0
codysmum102
I had a white bichon too named Cody.  He passed on 1/11/20 of a brain tumor.  My avatar has his picture in it.  I miss petting his soft fur.  It was so calming and whenever I felt sad or out of sorts I would just have to pet him and I'd feel better.  I got him after my mom passed in 2008 and we were together just over 11 years.  I adopted him from the shelter when he was between 18 months and 2 years (they weren't sure how old he was).  Today was 8 weeks exactly since we helped him over the rainbow bridge and I miss him every single day.  He was my best friend, confidant, baby boy and my heart.  There will never be another dog like him and my life will never be the same. I wish I had the secret to getting through this but, like I said, it's been 8 weeks and I'm still at a loss of how to go through my daily life without my Cody in it.  I pray for peace for all of us.

Julie 
Julie 💔
"Grief only exists where love lived first."
--Franchesca Cox
Quote 1 0
Derrick
Thank you everyone. Oliver was a 5 year old mini schnauzer. He was a rescue pup and was very highly strung and complex. He hated people and only allowed me to touch him. The day he left, he was in so much pain that I could not touch him or hug him. I just kissed him on his nose and had to leave the room. It was very quick and the vet said very peaceful. He is no longer suffering, traumatised or scared. I just need to let go now and stop feeling guilty. I let him go because he was suffering. He never has to be handled by a groomer again. He never has to suffer fear, pain or anxiety. He is free. I love him and that is all that matters. 

I can no longer see Oliver with my eyes or touch him with my hands but I feel him in my heart. Today, I will plant some forget me not flowers in his honour. 

Going on our walks is helping a bit.

Sobbing my eyes out on the walks is the best i can do right now.
Quote 0 0
Deebee58
There is no easy fix all you can do is grieve. It has to all come out. Try to think about all the good times you had together. I lost my beautiful Sassy in April last year and I was absolutely devastated,  I still break down a few times every week now, the only healer is time, it never gives away but it does get easier to cope with. I thought I was going to have a breakdown I couldn't stand the silence at home.
Initially I couldn't contemplate another dog it somehow seemed disloyal to the memory of my Sassy but after a few months I got a 3 year old rescue, Jasper, he needed a home and I needed to move on so we helped each other along and i know he will never replace Sassy, nothing could, but i do love him and it feels good to co e home again to find him there so pleased to see me.
Maybe one day you will feel you can move on, only time will tell and there is no time restraint on grief.
D a bryce
Quote 0 0