RipBaby42516 Show full post »
patent123
Like you I was over come with my sadness.  I adopted my dog during one of the saddest times in my life...and like they say she saved me.  I suddenly had a reason to get up, go on that long walk, and in general BE SOMEBODY! I now had this life that depended on me to buy that bag of dog food and take it out side! We had some amazing memories together and I really believe that dog was my other half.  She was my side kick in life we were always together.  So I can understand your pain and I can understand all your emotions.

Like your wife I quickly went home and put away our dogs things.  I have a daughter who was 3 at the time and she cherished our dog more then me I think.  I thought out of sight out of mind but your right...you still expect them to be in that sun spot on the floor or off doing their silly little trick.  What helped my during my sadness was letting myself be sad.  Many people around me didn't understand and I can't tell you how many times I got the "JUST GET ANOTHER DOG ALREADY!" People just don't understand that one pet can not be replaced with another.  Each pet offers a unique friendship that is special. 

For my I decided to donate money towards a dog at a rescue.  The dog was identical to my girl I put to sleep.  She needed a lot of vet work so I decided to donate every few weeks what I could and I followed her story. Every donation I made was in honor of the dog I lost.  Locally I went and saw dogs at our local shelter and donated new bones and such to a few special dogs.  I did this because my girl was a rescue as well.  I channeled my grief into helping other dogs who are in the same position she was all those years ago.  In the end I felt good I may not have been able to save my dog or fix her but I can honor her spirit by helping the ones I can. 

I always suggest people honor their pets in a way fitting to them.  Find a way to remember your cat and do it! They will always be a part of you but with time it will get easy to deal with and you will be able to focus on the good times more. 
Quote 0 0
lizzie_252
Bryan, so very sorry for the loss of your beautiful Baby. I had to say good bye to my kitty Zizi las Wednesday.  She was 14 years old and went downhill the same way your Baby did;  first she stopped eating, then drinking, then she was not able to walk anymore. She was treated for hyperthyroidism for the last year and  it was being controlled.  Her condition deteriorated very fast, during three-four days. She spent two days at the vet clinic being treated with IV fluids and antibiotics but did not improve. It broke my heart to have her euthanized and I am still very sad and heartbroken. I find it difficult to focus on everyday tasks and go go through my days.  I didn't leave the house for five days as I was not able to stop crying.
You're not alone in your grief, hang in there. I am hoping that one day the memories of our beloved pets will be peaceful and will make us smile, instead of cry.
Liz
Zizi's mom 2002 -2016
WP_20140827_003 (800x449).jpg 
Quote 0 0
RipBaby42516
lizzie_252 wrote:
Bryan, so very sorry for the loss of your beautiful Baby. I had to say good bye to my kitty Zizi las Wednesday.  She was 14 years old and went downhill the same way your Baby did;  first she stopped eating, then drinking, then she was not able to walk anymore. She was treated for hyperthyroidism for the last year and  it was being controlled.  Her condition deteriorated very fast, during three-four days. She spent two days at the vet clinic being treated with IV fluids and antibiotics but did not improve. It broke my heart to have her euthanized and I am still very sad and heartbroken. I find it difficult to focus on everyday tasks and go go through my days.  I didn't leave the house for five days as I was not able to stop crying.
You're not alone in your grief, hang in there. I am hoping that one day the memories of our beloved pets will be peaceful and will make us smile, instead of cry.
Liz
Zizi's mom 2002 -2016
WP_20140827_003 (800x449).jpg 

Sorry to hear about your loss, Your kitty looks like mine in a way. I cannot imagine how you felt having her euthanized. I am not sure I would have the courage or strength to do that. I know people will say "they are no longer suffering", "she is in a better place", etc, but that doesn't make things any easier.
Quote 0 0
RipBaby42516
thank you all for your kind words. I wish I could reply to every one of you, but I get overcome with emotions very easy. Looking forward to my grief counseling appointment in the afternoon, I can just hear the counselor thinking to herself, "how is a grown man crying over a cat"........
Quote 0 0
elliemeewiz
So sorry for your loss of Baby,, she was beautiful... she and zizi remind me of Byron who was a brown tabby. I know how hard this is but the grief will gradually get better over time. Please let us know how the counseling goes. I was wondering if I should look for group myself. I hope your counselor won't be thinking that, I'm sure she won't. When Byron died I started writing to him in a journal, I can't remember if I had started the journal before that but I put down everything, how I felt about what happened to him and what was going on in my life. I may do that with Wiz too. Right now I'm in too much of a shock and numb so i just keep talking to him like he's still here and I've put his pics up by my bed to see him all the time. I also had some crystal 3d sculptures made at the holidays and I have one of a beautiful photo of him and me cuddling, that one makes me cry for some reason. But lately I'm so numb I'm not crying as much and then I burst into tears sobbing all of a sudden. That happened on the way home when I was food shopping. 
My beloved sweet Tess August 1999 - February 21 2001
My beloved loyal Byron March 1998 - April 28 2008
My sweet beloved girlie Angelina April 2001- September 2012
Me & my sweet beloved Wizberry forever 1998- April 21, 2016
My sweet beloved Snow Goddess Sybil girlie April 2001- May 11,2018
Quote 0 0
johill2011
I am so sorry for your loss, what a beautiful girl she was.  I lost my boy Miz cat 21 weeks ago this Friday and still cannot believe he is not here with me anymore.  I look for him every day in his usual spots and keep his ashes on the bed where he used to sleep with me.  All his belongings are still in the house with me and I kept some of his fur from the day I said goodbye to him.  The first month without Miz Cat was very difficult, I seemed to be in some sort of fog where I just wasn't interested in anything in my life.  Now though, I seem to be starting to get on with things, and have days where I am starting to feel happier.  This doesn't last long though cos then I feel guilty for feeling happier and not thinking about Miz Cat.  I miss him sooo much, it really hurts.

The grieving process does take time and it's different for everyone, but we all have to get through it somehow.  I cried for weeks and still do now.  Our fur babies are so special to us , it is such a shock when they are no longer with us.  I really did find this forum very helpful and have read many beautiful stories (whilst crying my heart out too!).  Just take one day at a time and remember that Baby loved you very much and will always be with you inside your heart.

Take care
Miz Cat's mum
Quote 0 0