Ponceev
Lazy picked me, from the moment I first saw him he chose me. I shared my life with him for 5 years. He was with me through some of the darkest moments of my life. I loved coming home from work calling out his name along with a long list of nicknames I made up for him. He made me so happy.
I lost my bestfriend 8 hours ago, he got hit by a car & they didn't stop. They didn't care, they took half of my life away from me & they did not care. Lazy was such a good boy, he didn't need a leash he always listened & stayed right next to us. I got off of work today, too tired to take him for a walk. My brother took him & that's when it happened. He called me 5 minutes after they left, crying his eyes out, apologizing to me. At first I didn't understand, but when it finally hit me I ran to where they were only to find my little hunny dead. I don't think I've ever felt this pain before. We took him to a nearby animal hospital to get him cremated & just like that in an hour I had lost my bestfriend. The sweetest dog I've ever met.
I can't accept that he won't be here in the morning licking my face & waiting for me to get up, I can't imagine a life where I don't have my best friend waiting at home for me everyday. His toys are on the floor where he left them before he left on that tragic walk. I can't even look at them, it breaks my heart to think he's gone. I can't sleep, I can't get the image of my little bestfriend Lying there lifeless out of my head.
I know that time heals everything but I honestly don't think I'll ever get over this. My heart is broken, I never want to love another dog, I just want my lazy back
Quote 0 0
winstonsmom12
I was so very sad to read your story.  So very dorry for your loss of Lazy.  Five years old is surely much too short to have with the love of your life.  We all know your heart is broken over this.  Our hearts are all broken, no matter how our babies passed away.  At this early time you are still in shock and denial.  It will take time for this to sink in.  Accidents happen all the time.  Many in here have lost their babies to tragic accidents. 

My baby passed 3/2/16, and I still see his last day clearly in my mind.  What you need is time hon.  I know you don't want to hear that.  I didn't either.  We are never prepared for the loss of any Human or animal.  It hurts like hell, I know.  We all of us here know.  You are more than welcome here to share your grief with all of us who are going through this horrible time.  Please tell us more of your story.  There is always someone here to offer comfort to you.  Bless you and Lazy.  Sue
Susan
Quote 0 0
et61
I am SO sorry for your loss. Losing a pet is devastating for those of us who loved them like our own kids. To lose them unexpectantly is even worse, in my opinion. I lost my Sweetie to a quick illness after only six short but wonderful years with him. Sometimes I am in denial that he is really gone. My heart broke when the vet called and said he had passed. I couldn't sleep or eat for 4 days and stayed in bed an entire weekend. In time it does get better. I have other animals but no other animal will ever take the place in my heart that Sweetie took. A part of me died with him and left an emptiness no other animal will fill. I'm glad you found this forum and hope it will help in some way. Hugs to you.
Quote 0 0
camunki
I am sorry for the passing of your Lazy, and I absolutely love the picture you show of him. This is all so fresh, new and raw and yes, you will be in alot of pain of missing your baby each and every day. I was like a walking zombie when I lost my dog Munki back on Dec 3, 2015, I had to take 3 sick days off from work. Please know you are not alone and there are wonderful caring folks on this website to help ease the pain just a bit. My heart goes out to you at this difficult time.

Cam

Quote 0 0
Ell99
I am so so sorry for your loss of lazy. As everyone had said this is a very difficult time. We all understand the pain sadness that you feel. It is not an easy road. Hugs.
Quote 0 0