Meekosmommy
I lost my 2.5 year old Chihuaha 2 days ago due to liver failure. He had a liver shunt his whole life. I had him since he was 4 months old. I am so hurt and sad. I love him so much. I haven't been home since he died because I'm terrified of seeing his crate, toys, blankets, food/water dish, where he used to lay down. I never expected to be in this much pain over the loss of my dog. I will always remember the way you used to bite my toes, the way you would give me little kisses and nussle your nose into my chest. The way you would perk your ears up and cock your head when you heard my voice, I will always remember how you would lick my tears away when I was sad and you would make me feel so much better. I will always remember you Meeko. I love you so much and I don't know how I'm going to go on without you by my side. RIP Meeko you have a special place in my heart forever and always. Meeko, August ?, 2013- April 17, 2016
Quote 0 0
et61
I am SO sorry to hear about the loss of your baby Meeko. It's amazing how they can become so much a part of our lives and our hearts. I think sometimes the pain is so unbearable that we will never get over it but in time we will and will have wonderful memories left behind. I lost my baby, Sweetie, April 8th, after only six short years due to an illness. Not enough time. I thought I would have him for years. My husband got him cremated but I can't bring myself to accept the ashes or can't even look at pictures of him yet. I feel like I'm in denial that he's gone. I can't stand the memories. Been through this too many times with too many animals and the pain is always the same. Sweetie was different though. I can understand how you feel and glad that you posted and hope it helps you through the grieving process. Take as long as you need. Meeko obviously was a very well loved dog. Hugs to you.
Quote 0 0
winstonsmom12
So very sorry to read about Meeko.  Such a young baby.  I have not removed a thing since My Winston passed 3/2/16.  Everything is still as he left it.  I'm not sure I will anytime soon either.  Keep posting on this forum, there are so many wonderful people here to read and sympathize with you.

I find it helps me enormously with my grief and sadness.  I just  hope with my replys, it helps someone who is in deep pain.  When I first started posting, I know others replies helped me a ton.  Prayers   Sue
Susan
Quote 0 0
Meekosmommy
et61 wrote:
I am SO sorry to hear about the loss of your baby Meeko. It's amazing how they can become so much a part of our lives and our hearts. I think sometimes the pain is so unbearable that we will never get over it but in time we will and will have wonderful memories left behind. I lost my baby, Sweetie, April 8th, after only six short years due to an illness. Not enough time. I thought I would have him for years. My husband got him cremated but I can't bring myself to accept the ashes or can't even look at pictures of him yet. I feel like I'm in denial that he's gone. I can't stand the memories. Been through this too many times with too many animals and the pain is always the same. Sweetie was different though. I can understand how you feel and glad that you posted and hope it helps you through the grieving process. Take as long as you need. Meeko obviously was a very well loved dog. Hugs to you.

Thank you very much, and I am incredibly sorry about your sweetie. They really impact our lives and it's hard to explain to people what we are going through who hasn't been through it, that's why I decided to post on a forum like this with people who would understand my pain. I'm just so sad about this. He was my child. My life. I feel broken over this.
Quote 0 0
Meekosmommy
winstonsmom12 wrote:
So very sorry to read about Meeko.  Such a young baby.  I have not removed a thing since My Winston passed 3/2/16.  Everything is still as he left it.  I'm not sure I will anytime soon either.  Keep posting on this forum, there are so many wonderful people here to read and sympathize with you.

I find it helps me enormously with my grief and sadness.  I just  hope with my replys, it helps someone who is in deep pain.  When I first started posting, I know others replies helped me a ton.  Prayers   Sue

Thank you Sue. I'm sorry about your baby as well. I will continue to post. It has made me feel a bit better already.
Quote 0 0
GunnersMama
Your Meeko is absolutely adorable. It has only been a few days for you since you lost Meeko. Be kind to yourself and take all the time that you need to grieve. They are our family and when we lose them it's like losing a child. I read somewhere that it is healthy to cry because all of the tears help release the toxins in our body caused from the stress. I lost my Gunner 117 days ago and I still cry every day. I went into shock after he passed and couldn't function. I couldn't eat, either I slept all if the time or I woke up from sleep with such bad anxiety. I would just sit there and state blankly into space. I was in a fog. My family said that I was like a zombie. I have had a couple of other dogs pass but they did not affect me the way it did with my Gunner. He is my soul mate. He was only 7 and when he passed it was very sudden and unexpected. This forum will help because everyone here is going through the same thing as you are. I found a book called Animals and the Afterlife by Kim Sheridan and some videos on YouTube by Brent Atwater who is an animal medium that are very comforting. They may help you too. Just know that Meeko is always with you and loves you so much.. I am sending prayers to you.
Quote 0 0
Georgiapeaches
So sorry about Meeko. Georgia passed away today with the vets help and I find myself going thru the same feelings of shock and extreme loneliness. Feels like someone punched me in the stomach and ripped my heart out. Although she went away peacefully once the vet arrived , watching her In discomfort prior was the hardest. Now I can't bare to move any of the blankets, toys or things, everything is exactly where she left it. Her collar is still hanging by the door with the leash. Sometimes I keep getting thoughts that I'd rather go with her whereever she's gone now. Living without her seems like too much for me to handle.
Quote 0 0
Meekosmommy
Gunnersmama thank you for your kind words and I'm so sorry for your loss. I know exactly what you mean when you say I've had other dogs pass but Gunner was different. It's the exact same for my Meeko boy. Meeko was my first pet that was mine and only mine, not a family pet. He was mine. I raised him and I feel like I failed him even though it was out of my control. Stay strong, they must be very happy in doggy heaven! Xo and thank you so much I will definitely look for that book and watch those videos. Closure right?
Quote 0 0
Meekosmommy
Georgiapeaches, I am so sorry for your loss. The pain is unbearable. When my Meeko passed away, he was at the vets getting better after his liver started to fail, but he suddenly started having a seizure that lasted 45 minutes and no medication was helping. The vet called and I decided he needed to get put down because I couldn't imagine the pain he was having, siezuring for that long. It was to much for me to handle :( I cry everyday and I litterally sleep with and carry his blanket everywhere. It's always by my side. Hopefully our angel pups are together frolicking in the soft grass and warm sun. Xoxo rip Georgia.
Quote 0 0
Georgiapeaches
Xoxo rip little Meeko. Now they're both pain free and they can enjoy being dogs once again.
Quote 0 0
GunnersMama
Meekosmommy I don't think that we ever get closure because they are always with us especially in our hearts. I got a completely different outlook on things after reading the book and watching the videos. I just got another book called After Death Signs from Pet Afterlife & Animals in Heaven by Brent Atwater. I think she is one you would really enjoy checking out. I hope you find some comfort and peace. Sending prayers your way. Meeko is always with you. You are his MOMMY.
Quote 0 0