Mrbrokenheart
i don't know where to start. so please bear with me as i'm soaked in tears. monday march 2nd 2020 i had to put down my GSP. i had her from 6 weeks old to 11 years old. she had a large golf ball size bump around her bottom right nipple. at first it was a jellybean size & was told it was a cyst by a vet & not to worry in 2018. so i took the vets advice & just went on. well last week she started with brown discharge color. on friday she started having diarrhea. so we decided to give her boiled chicken & rice. on saturday she started bleeding heavy. i thought she was in heat. saturday night she hardly would eat. sunday she refused to eat. sunday night she started having blood in her diarrhea. at that time i said something is up thats not a cyst but mammary tumor & she is dying. so around 11am monday we take her to the shelter. i stayed in the car with koko. while my mom went inside. i was in tears to the point i almost passed out holding koko in my arms. we left her at he shelter so they can put her to sleep & i will get the ashes. my mom goes back to the shelter the next day & the woman said she was put to sleep right after we left. if we decided to stay home & never went to the shelter should of died from losing a lot of blood. i feel like its my fault & that i killed my dog. i took the vets advice when they said it was just a cyst. now i'm emotionally drained & wished i would of went to another vet but didnt. now i have to live with this the rest of my life. anyways i love you koko & im sorry IMG_0550.jpg 20200227_135711.jpg   
Quote 0 0
codysmum102
I am so sorry. Unfortunately vets don't always know the right thing to do. I have had that experience as well but all we can do, for the most part, is follow their advice because we are not vets and know less than they do. Don't feel guilty it's on the vet not on you.
Take care,
Julie
Julie 💔
"Grief only exists where love lived first."
--Franchesca Cox
Quote 0 0