Bullydaddy
Lost my little buddy on Friday. He was a 7 year old bulldog with a heart of gold. My wife and I are devastated and our 3-year old keeps asking for him. We don’t know what to do and breakdown every time something in our house reminds us of him. Never thought I’d feel this kind of pain.
Quote 0 0
Shortnsassy87
Dear Bulldaddy,

Its so hard, and I, too, never imagined how devastating it would be to lose a pet. I put my sweet baby Beowulf, a 9 year old bullmastiff, to sleep on 4/24 due to congestive heart failure caused by cancer, and at times, it’s surreal and at others it finally registers that he’s gone which gives me a panicky feeling. I have flashbacks of how he’d look around our house...like in the spot his bed using to be, I picture him curled on it. At times, I close my eyes, and the imagine of him laying there dead on the floor of our vets office flash through my mind. The overwhelming grief comes and goes although it’s not an all consuming pain now. I still can’t sleep though; sometimes I’m up for days at a time.
Quote 0 0
Mackysmum
Bullydaddy sorry you lost your boy
It really is a pain so great it is something we don't plan for or really fully expect
I hope you find some comfort in knowing he loved you and hoping the goid memiores do pop in at times
It's hard days for now because its such a huge loss of such a great friend
Quote 0 0
Tankie12
Shortnsassy87 wrote:
Dear Bulldaddy,

Its so hard, and I, too, never imagined how devastating it would be to lose a pet. I put my sweet baby Beowulf, a 9 year old bullmastiff, to sleep on 4/24 due to congestive heart failure caused by cancer, and at times, it’s surreal and at others it finally registers that he’s gone which gives me a panicky feeling. I have flashbacks of how he’d look around our house...like in the spot his bed using to be, I picture him curled on it. At times, I close my eyes, and the imagine of him laying there dead on the floor of our vets office flash through my mind. The overwhelming grief comes and goes although it’s not an all consuming pain now. I still can’t sleep though; sometimes I’m up for days at a time.

Surreal, shockingly surreal. As if you’re walking around in another dimension of the world you used to know. Like everything has froze in time and you’re on the outside looking inside a place you don’t belong. Like everything is more “ wrong “ than it ever has been. Like surely this HAS to be something that can’t really happen, because, you don’t know how to make it through, if, it, really, did.

My world, for weeks

And weeks

But the first several weeks were the worst by far

There is now, after almost 19 wks, an internal acknowledgement that yes, it was time for her to leave me. I still cry every night, and like you, struggle with sleep. And I have a hard time with the last living image of her, the last movement of her body.

But I do feel her presence, sometimes soo strongly. I would do almost anything to actually bury my head in her neck though, and kiss her big beautiful face, every inch of it. She was amazing and I will always be the mommy that bottle fed her from birth, the luckiest of all
Lynn, Tankie’s mom, forever
Quote 0 0
Bullydaddy
Thank you for the kind words. Today is my first day back at work and I keep thinking about how he won't be there to greet me when i get home tonight. I broke down in a meeting this morning when someone asked why i was down. I know bulldogs don't live very long but I didn't expect to have him taken from me so quickly. My daughter has been acting out since it happened and keeps asking when he's coming home. My first inclination is to run out and buy her a puppy to ease her pain but I don't think my wife and I are ready to replace our chunk. Any advice? 
Quote 0 0
Tankie12
I wasn’t ready for another, but her birth sibling was so depressed after looking and waiting for her to come home that after 3 wks I started looking for adoption/rescue puppies. I did get one and it has helped her a lot. It’s also been extra stress on me that I didn’t want ( puppies are a pain in the A#s# after having 2 10 yr olds) but it wasn’t all about me and I needed to help her. I don’t know how old your daughter is but I’m betting she’d love a puppy. Sorry about work, I’m hoping they were understanding
Lynn, Tankie’s mom, forever
Quote 0 0
Snowfire
So sorry. Men feel pain too when losing someone they loved. Hard with your baby asking for him. One day at a time I'm doing and still devastated.
Quote 0 0
Mireyagarcia16
I also know your pain i lost my Mckenzie that same Friday my English bull terrier my lil mama i love her and miss her so much she had just turned in April 20 5 years of Age so young. I know the pain your in its so fresh so know that it's all new to us. Prayers heading your way 2 u and your family.
Quote 0 0
Denny
I'm so sorry to hear of your lose. it is so heart breaking and devastating to loose and dear pet that's part of your life and family. We lost our black lab Max may 15 2018 just recently, he was 14.5 years old and my constant buddy. We lost out Sweet choco lab Annie last July 2017. The house is so quiet and lonely now.i cry a lot and miss Max and Annie so much. I could go on about all we did together over the years but we all know how much they are a part of our lives and the love and joy they give our hearts. It seems that the sorrow will never end but it will get better as time goes on. we will never forget them and they will forever be in our hearts as gifts from God who give us charge to care for them. I live in hope that some day i will not only see my friend Jesus in heaven but will see my two furry children. I will also see many loved ones there, never to part again. for God himself will wipe away all tears and there will be no more sadness or sorrow, for God is the author of love, life, peace, and joy. 
What more can i say, hang in there for there are many others folks who are going through the same loss, and have gone through it many times. the joy our pets give out weight the sorrow in time. i have a lot of pics of mine two labs, and fond memories that will in time lift my heart and once again bring a smile to my heart. God bless denny

Quote 0 0
Bullydaddy
Thank you for the kind words. I'm not in that dark place i was last week but i certainly miss him. I see him everywhere - i picture him running up to my bed in the morning or lying on the dining room floor. its surreal. It saddens me that i'm slowly forgetting how he smelled or the noise he made as he walked across our wooden floors. My daughter keeps asking when he's coming home. I couldn't tell her what happened so i said his mommy and daddy came to pick him up hoping she understood he he was happy. one day at a time.  
Quote 0 0
LuvTank1
I lost my bulldog Tank, last Friday.  They are just the best dogs ever, I miss is so much, and completely understand.  If you feel up to it sometime, post his pic, I bet he was adorable.  Hope you feel better very soon, this is a very hard thing to deal with.

Cammy Ripley
Quote 0 0