Forum

Author   Comment   Page 5 of 209     «   Prev   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   Next   »
Dalidog

Reply with quote  #61 
I know people mean well LM's mom, but getting another pet would not make me happy.  I think of how Dali didn't like other dogs to get too close to me.  She would nudge away her sister if I petted her too long.  I just don't feel another dog would ever help me and wouldn't be fair to them.  Instead, I will do what I can to help the shelter pets.  Some people find comfort in another animal, and I understand that, it just isn't for me. I know deep down I could never love another dog like I love my Dali, it would just be a pet.  A pet deserves better than that.    My daughter and I are going tomorrow to buy things for the baskets.  I went online to see a list of what is needed.  It is a small gesture, but the best I can do right now.  I hope my Dali knows it is for her I do this.  I do everything to keep her name, memory at the forefront.  She will never be forgotten, her life too important to me.  HOpe you are doing okay...

Dali, as much a daughter as any human...  pure love
Until we meet again

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/DALI003/Resident.htm

Dalidog

Reply with quote  #62 
Hi Dali...  Had to write to you tonight because Nick (my youngest son) upset me so tonight.  He is upset that I turned down a Thanksgiving dinner invitation.  I told him I did not want to celebrate this year and it is my choice.  My son told my daughter that he is "TIRED OF MOM BEING SAD AND SHE NEEDS TO GET OVER IT".  I'm sorry if I upset my son, but he doesn't get it.  I'm not cooking and I have no desire to go see people eat and be happy at Thanksgiving.  I would rather just stay home.  Thankfully my daughter understands because she has been with me the last 7 weeks helping me and listening to me. I will do what I need to in my own time. I'm disappointed in my son....maybe life goes on normally for him, but not for me.  I love you my little girl.  This Thanksgiving I prefer to be home, write to you, talk to you, thank God for letting you be with me, but not "celebrate" this life now.  I know the holidays are going to be very hard this year.  I will do my best

Until we meet again

Dalidog

Reply with quote  #63 
Hi Baby...  My friend Linda called today and I havent' been answering but decided to this morning.  I had to tell her about you and it is so hard to talk about what happened.  I cried, couldn't help it.  Linda tried to comfort me, but there really is no comfort right now.  I miss you so much.  I keep waiting for it to get easier, but don't see that happening.  I walked your sister last night and met a man walking a dog that looked so much like you.  He said she was a Havanese, very pretty.  She had your mannerisms and your sister barked at her as if to tell her about you.  I told the man about you....  I tell everyone about you....   I love you and hope you are enjoying your day at the bridge.  Wag your flag tail at all the cats and let them know you love them my sweet gentle baby.  Missing you as much today as the day you left me.
See you when I make it there...until then...  LOVING YOU ALWAYS.  Don't forget and come to me in my dreams when you can or send signs.   LOVE MOM

Until we meet again

Dalidog

Reply with quote  #64 
When connections are real, they simply never die. They can be buried, or ignored or walked away from, but never broken. If you've deeply resonated with your forever pet, the connection remains despite any distance, time, situation, lack of presence, or circumstances.
If it was truly real, you'll be instantly swept back into the moment it was before it left- during the same year and place with the same wonder and hope, comfort and heartbeat.
Real connections live on forever.
See you at the bridge my baby Dali

Until we meet again

Dalidog

Reply with quote  #65 
Tomorrow is 8 long weeks, the longest weeks of my entire life.  Saturday mornings are hard for me to get through now.  Eight weeks ago was the last night I would spend with my Dali.  I am so happy she slept next to me and was doing well, or so I thought. I would give anything for one more night like that.  I had no idea she would leave me the next day and my whole life and thought process would be turned upside down.  Even my physical appearance, as I have lost over 20 pounds.  The joy and light of my life left me that Saturday morning......and Rainbow Bridge saved my life.  Thank you all for your comfort, your stories, your words..they mean a lot to me.  I will spend the day working on my memorial book in honor of Dali.
LOVE YOU DALI FOREVER...Mom

Until we meet again

Dalidog

Reply with quote  #66 
Saturday......I could live the rest of my time without another Saturday to face if that could be possible. 
Eight weeks...of hell.
Miss you baby

Until we meet again

JessiesBrother

Reply with quote  #67 
I am so sorry for your grief. I understand how painful this is. Today has been a day of tears for me. Sending you love and prayers.
Dalidog

Reply with quote  #68 
Thank you JessiesBrother... 
I am very sad today, but it is worth the grief and pain for the honor of having Dali in my life.
I appreciate you, I know you are in pain also.  The tears flow.  Hugs to you and your fur baby

Until we meet again

Dalidog

Reply with quote  #69 
The Skies are crying for you today Dali, as am I.  Rainy day, love to cuddle with you on the sofa and just relax.  Miss you baby...today and always.. Mom
Haven't had a sign from you in a while, I know you are busy playing, so that's okay.  I know you are here, around everywhere, and always will be for me.  As I walk across the yard, I see you running, stopping to smell nature.  As I am inside, I see you laying under the stool, or following me from to room.  I always used to laugh and say I had many Dali's, as every time I went in another room, you were there with me.  How I miss that...but Iknow you are still there.  Loving you always, missing you forever.   MOM

Until we meet again

Dalidog

Reply with quote  #70 
Hi Dals.   I posted this morning that I havent' had a sign from you in a while and that was okay.
This afternoon Melissa (my daughter who took care of you a lot) told me that she had a dream last night while sleeping in my guestroom. I asked her about it and she said she dreamed Dali came walking in the room like she had come back from a trip, jumped on the bed with her, visited a while, and then jumped back down and walked out.  She said Dali was happy and looked well.  She was afraid to tell me about it because she was afraid it would make me sad.  Quite the opposite!!!  I hugged her and thanked her and told her Dali had come to her for a visit.  It made me so happy.  Dals was close to my daughter.  Such comfort, even though she didn't come to me in a dream, she came to my daughter.  I know my Dali is okay and happy and visiting us. :)

Until we meet again

Dalidog

Reply with quote  #71 
Hi my Dals...
I went to the store today and, for some reason, started calling you very loudly while driving home.  I kept over and over, "where are you Dali, where are you?".   I know you heard me.  Then I lost it as I drove towards home.  I knew you would not be there to meet me, such an empty, lonely house without your energy and love.  I miss you so.

I was at the store today and there was an older woman with a Long Haired baby in a pet stroller.  She was talking to her and petting her and obviously loving her.  The pet was beautiful.  Long groomed hair and a red bow in her hair.  Made me think of you a lot today Dals.  Anyway, as I watched this woman and her dog, all I could think of was how she needed to cherish every second.  Might sound dumb but I thought "I hope this older woman goes before the baby so that she doesn't have to experience what I am feeling these days".  I don't like anyone to feel that grief.  I wouldn't want that for anyone.

I know Dals that you brought me nothing but joy and happiness.  I don't like that I feel this way now because I don't want it to ever take away from the love I have for you.  You never made me sad.  Play with your friends and visit me sometimes.  I would do anything if it were possible to have you back for even one minute.  I know there are a lot of other people who feel as I do, and I thank you for directing me to Rainbows Bridge.  You take care of me even though you aren't here.  I wish I could take care of you.   Love you, MOM

Until we meet again

Dalidog

Reply with quote  #72 
Morning My Dali,

I was at my daughters house this morning helping her clean, as she has been staying with me since you left.  I kept stopping and touching her picture of you and her dogs that she keeps on her mantle.  And then I put some stuff in the downstairs closet and found a picture of you sitting in there.  I held it close and brought it home to add to my memorial for you.  Made me smile and cry all at the same time.  This week is so hard.  Not looking forward to Thursday.  What am I going to do without you???  I keep calling you and asking where or where is my Dali.  This is still so hard for me, and I don't see how it will get any easier.  You are my heart.  I found the little dress I bought you in February when it was cold and held it and smelled it and kissed it.  Wow....seems like a different life ago and yesterday all at the same time.  How can I have so many emotions so opposite at the same time????  Thank you....I need to thank you every day for the rest of my life.  Odd, I don't fear death, I will welcome it when the time is right, knowing I will get to see you again.  You have fun playing....hope you get a plate for Thanksgiving like I always made you.  You knew it was coming when I cooked, and you waited so patiently.  I am trying to be patient in many ways.  Loving you....   MOM

Until we meet again

loft2111

Reply with quote  #73 

It's so difficult when we find their hidden treasures that we weren't expecting.  I'm sorry to hear you are having a difficult week, Thanksgiving is never easy.  My uncle passed this past weekend and my parents are out of state attending the funeral so Thanksgiving dinner falls on me.  I'm really not in the mood but have no choice to do it.  LM was with us every holiday and he loved his Turkey and pumpkin pie.  I'm sure he and Dali will have an amazing feast on Thanksgiving and enjoy every minute of it.

Dalidog

Reply with quote  #74 
I smile at the thought of the furbabies being together safe and comfortable.  I don't know how you can manage Thanksgiving.  I am not cooking for the first time in many years, and not going anywhere either.  I prefer to stay home quietly this Thursday and release balloons for my baby (2 month mark).  I will spend the afternoon working on her memorial book I started.  My emotions are all over the place this week.  I will be glad when this whole holiday season is over

Until we meet again

Dalidog

Reply with quote  #75 
Another day down....  another hard night to get through.  Love you Dali

Until we meet again

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.