Forum

Author   Comment   Page 4 of 209      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   Next   »
Dalidog

Reply with quote  #46 
Hi Dals,
It thundered last night and I cried thinking how much you hated thunder, fireworks, any of it.  You always hid behind the toilet until I came and got you and comforted you.  I was sad, but then I tried to think of you not being afraid of thunder now.  I know you are safe.  I went to the doctor today and she decided to keep my on meds for another month because I have lost too much weight.  I told her I will be okay, just the thought of you not being here affects everything in my life. She understood, as she has pets.  Or, at least I thought she did until she asked if I had considered another dog.  I quickly told her you were not "a dog", you are my daughter as much as my biological one is.  I still have a hard time when I think about you not being here.  My sister came over last night and, for the first time, asked "where's Dali".  I had not told her you left on Sept 27.  I don't tell family unless they ask...saying you aren't here makes it too real and too much for me to bear.  It's cold out today, but the rain and thunder are over.  I know you are having a good time, and I am sure you have made many new friends, especially cats.  Have you figured out yet, my Dali, that you aren't a cat?  I sometimes thought you believed you were.  Love you baby Girl, now and forever.  Don't forget me and we'll be together again...can't wait to hold you again one day in heaven.  Love, MOM

Dali, as much a daughter as any human...  pure love
Until we meet again

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/DALI003/Resident.htm

Dalidog

Reply with quote  #47 
I have my candles ready for the candle lighting ceremony tonight my baby.  The waves of despair hit me today and I have been desperate to hold you.  I am still in disbelief that you are not here.  Be with me in spirit tonight sweetie and know that I love you and will never forget you.  The hole in my heart will never heal, you have it with you.  Love you....will pray for you and all the fur babies at the ceremony and always.

Until we meet again

loft2111

Reply with quote  #48 
Thinking of you and Dali.  
Dalidog

Reply with quote  #49 
Thank you...  I always say a prayer for you and Little Man...everyday.  The days don't get easier, missing the furangels so much.   You take care of yourself.  I sleep with a picture of my Dali and last night I woke up and couldn't find it.  PANIC set in...  

Until we meet again

loft2111

Reply with quote  #50 

My husband and I sleep with Little Man's sweaters, we each get one.  Thank you for keeping us in your prayers. I had not come to the forum and needed some time to just regroup.  I didn't get to send you a message on Saturday, I thought about you and Dali, I'm sure it was a difficult day for you. 

Dalidog

Reply with quote  #51 
Thanks...  Saturday was very hard.  I had company and tried to put on a happy face, but that night I broke down.  I understand the needing time.   One of my local sisters came over Saturday and asked me "where is Dali?".  I had not told her what happened.  I thanked her for noticing that Dali was not there to meet her.  She was upset I had not told her, but I told her that would have made it too real.  I have a hard time telling people.  I usually wait for them to ask. 
I smile that you both sleep with Little Man's sweaters.  My husband doesn't say much, keeps it inside.  I thought maybe he didn't really think of her, but when my sister asked about her, he knew the date she left and looked very sad.  We all love her so and miss her more than I thought possible.  Time is passing but it doesn't seem to get easier for me.  My doctor told me to keep taking meds for another month as I had lost more weight when I went back today.  I just have not found any reason for much lately.  Usually by now I am Christmas shopping and bought things for Thanksgiving to cook, getting excited about decorating.  This year....  NOTHING.  No interest.  My family will just have to understand.  I still have my candles lit from the ceremony tonight...including the one I bought for Little Man.  Soon I will blow them out and put them back on Dali's shelf until next week.  Somehow I feel they know.  You take care of yourself..

Until we meet again

MattiesMom10

Reply with quote  #52 
Hey Dalidog
Just wanted to say hello, and let you know you and Dalidog are in my thoughts and prayers. Wishing you a better day tomorrow.

God Bless
MattiesMom10

Woofs and Wags
Love you to the Moon and Back Mattie Girl
Forever a paw print on my heart

Reply with quote  #53 
Thank you Mattie's Mom....  you always add comfort to my day.  The candle lighting ceremony was comforting last night.  I held my Dali's picture all night long for comfort.  I don't want to be selfish and ask for another sign from her, although I'd love to have one, but I know she needs to run and play at the bridge.  Hugs to you and Mattie

Until we meet again

Dalidog

Reply with quote  #54 
I loved the Tears story that Jaspers mom posted today.  It made me cry.  It is very true and your love, my Dali, was worth years of tears I must surely endure now until we meet again.  I went to get my hair cut today and one of the beauticians had to send her 18 year old cat to be with you yesterday Dali.  I hope you are taking care of Zack.  She said she had been crying nonstop.  I hugged her and told her I understand.  People who have that forever love are changed forever.  I told her about you Dali and how much I will always miss you.  I have never felt the loss I feel now, not even when family members left.  Dali you are truly heaven sent and I pray you will wait for me.  I find myself still looking for you and always talking to you, at a loss.  Love you always, MOM

Until we meet again

MattiesMom10

Reply with quote  #55 
Dalidog Momma

I am glad my stories of Mattie bring you comfort, but your stories due the same for me. I know Mattie sent me a sign just like Dali, she brought you to this forum and we all of each other and know are fur angels are happy and running and playing just waiting for the day they get to see us as bad as we wait for the same day. You know your always in my thoughts and prayers that you find comfort and strength.

Take Care
Smiles and Hugs

Woofs and Wags to all the wonderful angles

Love you to the Moon and Back my sweet Mattie Girl

Reply with quote  #56 
Hello my Dali,
I sat on the sofa alone last night to eat some ice cream and I instinctively called out "Dali, Dali" as I had done for years.  I always saved you the bottom of the ice cream bowl.  As soon as I called you, I realized you weren't coming and I broke down with such a sadness.  I honestly am at a loss on how to go on without you.  I don't think I have accepted yet that you aren't coming home.  I miss you so much.  I hope you miss me, but not to the extent you hurt like I do.  I know you are healthy and happy and don't feel that hurt which I am grateful for.  Be happy...play...run...share your treats with your new friends, I remember how you would guard them from other dogs and bury them.  Tell all your friends at Rainbow Bridge that I love you and miss you.  Send signs when you can, but most of all, be at peace and happy knowing you did your job well until you were taken home to the bridge.  Love you baby... I miss combing your beautiful hair and talking to you as I put a ribbon on top....so beautiful and my favorite, as you always knew.  Love you and I am so sorry you are not here with me.

Until we meet again

MattiesMom10

Reply with quote  #57 
Dali, Momma
Just wanted you to know I have you in my thoughts and prayers. I know how much you love your angel. I can tell in your stories you posts. Your heart belongs to Dali, just as mine to my Mattie Girl. Keeping you in my thoughts for a comforting day.

Smiles and Hugs
Woofs and Wags

Love you to the Moon and Back my sweet angel Mattie
Forever a paw print on my heart

Reply with quote  #58 
Thanks Mattie'sMom...  
I know how much you love and miss your Mattie, just as I do my Dali.  There is nothing that can comfort that loss more than people who understand how you feel.  Thank you..  I hope you have a good day and that Mattie and Dali are playing together at the bridge.  My heart aches as it is not whole

Until we meet again

Dalidog

Reply with quote  #59 
Morning Dali...  getting close to Thanksgiving and I have decided next week will be a good time to make baskets for the shelters and donate them in your name.  Going to put a note on each basket to indicate they are from you for all the dogs/cats that don't have forever homes and are still waiting.  I feel that is the very least I could do.  You give me so much to be thankful for and I am not going to celebrate Thanksgiving, only YOU.  I know that is selfish, but it is how I feel and there is nothing I can do about it.  So many people keep telling me I need "another dog".  NO, they don't get it.  You are not a dog, you are my heart.   I still see your sister and nephew almost every day and, although I pet them and talk to them, it just is not even in the same realm of how I feel about you.  I don't have it in me for another pet.  I'm sorry, I hope that doesn't disappoint you because I know how much love you had for every animal you were around.  My daughter is going to get a new cat for Christmas and we are going to go to the shelter together next month to pick her out.  I get sad that you won't get to know her as I know how much you love cats.  I hope you are playing with Rabies (the cat) and Bologna (the cat).  Both loved you before they went to the bridge and I am sure they welcomed you with open paws and love.  The squirrel you used to play with in the back yard misses you too.  I found a picture of you looking up at the tree at the squirrel.  I will have to post it later.  You take care and enjoy all your friends...  Love you and missing you every minute of every day.  MOM

Until we meet again

loft2111

Reply with quote  #60 
What a wonderful idea to donate baskets, I'm sure Dali would love that.  To get another dog would never ever replace your Dali or my Little Man, but I think people tell us to do so in order for us to find some sort of happiness again.
thinking of you and Dali.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.