Forum

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 209      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   Next   »
SLH

Reply with quote  #16 
How beautiful Dali was.  I do believe in Rainbow Bridge and I will see all my best friends that took a piece of my heart with them, like Dali did with you .  You will be re united with Dali some day.  I am sorry for your tears.
Dalidog

Reply with quote  #17 
Thank you...  She will always be beautiful to me.. a beautiful soul.  And yes we will see them all again.  I have no doubt.  My Dali taught me so much about love and life and death and what is important.  I owe her more than I could have ever given her.

Dali, as much a daughter as any human...  pure love
Until we meet again

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/DALI003/Resident.htm

Dalidog

Reply with quote  #18 
Missing you tonight Dals.  The candlelight ceremony was very inspirational.  Ginny does a good job!  Your candle I keep by your picture on the bookcase is sitting beside me, lit from the ceremony.  Oh how I miss you...Thank you for being my baby and for the time you spent with me.  It is priceless.  I was coming home today and saw a homeless man on the side of the freeway with his dog by his side.  He didn't know it, but he is rich.  I would have traded everything I have to have been there, even in that situation, with YOU by my side.  It brought tears to my eyes.  Been busy gathering things for my baskets to give to the shelters in your name.  I will always honor you Dali, THANK YOU, I know I never said that enough to you...I always told you that you are my favorite (no doubt, my forever dog), I always told you I loved you, but I don't remember telling you Thank YOU.....so Thank you for loving me so unconditionally.  I love you back Baby..  Wait for me...but please, come to me in my dreams.

Until we meet again

Dalidog

Reply with quote  #19 
Another lonely day without you my baby.  I hope you are having fun with your new friends, that is all that gets me through the day.  I had a panic attack at the store this morning when I went by the dog food aisle, just lost it.  People were staring at me, but I didn't care.  Over 6 weeks and every day aches more and more.  You truly are my sunshine and the world is damp and dark without you next to me.  I am trying so hard to be positive, put on a happy face, but it is all a farce.  At night I hold your pillow tightly and weep.  I will never wash it because you laid on it.  I almost picked up the bathroom rug today to wash, but then put it down.  You laid on it 6 weeks ago...how can I ever wash it? Sorry I am rambling Dali, but I feel so alone.  Never felt like this before, ever.  I always said you have everything in life if you are healthy and happy.  My happy went with you...I will never be whole again.  Love you..Mom

Until we meet again

SophieDogsMama

Reply with quote  #20 
What an adorable little face!  I'm so sorry you lost your little Dali.  The cat's name made me laugh, I didn't think I'd laugh today...thanks for that.  :)  I haven't had the courage to look at photos of Sophie yet, still too raw...but I'm glad I'll have them when I'm ready.  Dali didn't wag her tail for anyone but cats?  That's so cute.  Thanks for sharing the pictures, what a sweet girl.

I was laying on the couch today and smelling the spot where she used to lay - I'm glad it's not just me.  Anything to bring her back for just second, even if I know it's just in my mind.  So awful. I'm glad I can come here and feel like I'm not quite so alone.

Again, I'm so sorry.  It's so hard...I've never felt pain like this in my life.  I just miss her...last night was the first time I got home from work, and didn't see her craning her neck and looking for me from the couch.  Whining and barking for me to come give her kisses.   Last night I walked into a dark house, and broke down bawling.
Dalidog

Reply with quote  #21 
Thanks Sophiedogsmom.   I couldn't look at pictures of Dali for a couple weeks after she left and I still cry as I go through them to pick out ones for her scrapbook.  The cat was a stray kitten that showed up at our home right after we got Dali.  He was in the backyard and I told my kids "don't touch that cat, he looks like he has rabies".  He was skinny and sickly.  My kids fell in love with him (as did Dali).  The nursed him back to health and named him Rabies because of what I had said.  He lived for about 10 years with us and disappeared one day.  Dali looked for him for a long time, as she grew up with him.  Rabies would walk with us around the block every morning for many years.  And yes, she only wagged her tail for cats. Any time she saw a cat she would try to play with it and kiss it.  Most cats didn't understand that.  She loved everyone and all animals, the most gentle and loving pet I ever had.   I hope you are doing well.  Share your stories of Sophie, it helps with the memories. Take care of yourself..  HUGS to you and Sophie

Until we meet again

SLH

Reply with quote  #22 
So sorry you are having such a hard time since losing Dali.  If I did not have my other dogs here it would be even worse since losing our Coco.  Is there any chance at all that another dog, not to replace Dali, but to give you all that these wonderful friends give would help you?  There are so many beautiful dogs like Dali that need a loving Mom like you are give it some thought and remember it would not be replacing Dali, it is helping another dog in Dali's memory.  As sad as it is to lose our friends I will go through this many many more times because I am not willing to give up all that they give me.  Hugs.  Sonia
Dalidog

Reply with quote  #23 
Thanks for the words of comfort Sonia.  NO, I do not ever want another dog.  I have had other dogs, but Dali was not a dog to me, she was a daughter.  My daughter has two Lhasas (Dali's little sister and her sisters puppy),  and I don't even like to be around them now.  I know some people want to have other pets and get comfort from them, but I don't have any desire for that.  I will help other dogs and cats in Dali's memory by donating supplies to the pet shelters locally.  That is all I can do.  I have always had pets, but that part of my life is past now.  I don't think I could ever do that again.

Until we meet again

Dalidog

Reply with quote  #24 
Hello Sweet Dals...
Getting cold out tonight and I know how much you love the cold weather, which is rare down here in the south.  I gathered up some more of your pictures and papers to put in your scrapbook.  Haven't started putting it together yet, not ready...  but getting things together.    I found the sign I used to have on my kitchen wall before we moved...that said..  A House is not a Home Without a Lhasa Apso...  It made me think of you.  I put it in the drawer under your memorial bookcase shelf.  I didn't have time to hang it in this house before you left so suddenly, so it will never be on the wall again.  One day maybe all of these memorabilia won't hurt so much when I see them, but they will always be with me.  My daughter brought your sister Lhasa Luna over today for a bit.  She was looking for you.  She doesn't come to me because she remember how you would get between us and keep me for you.  I petted her and told her how much I miss you.  She went outside and was looking for the treats you always buried in the yard, but didn't find any. You enjoy Rainbow Bridge and all your new friends, but don't forget all of us who miss you so.  Please come to me in signs when you can...  Love You, Mom

Until we meet again

MattiesMom10

Reply with quote  #25 
Hey Dali,
I am glad to see your going through the pictures of Dali. It warms my heart that your finding some comfort. She sure is a beautiful girl. I too know how you feel about another dog, I know we should open our hearts, but I don't think my heart could bear the loss of another fur angel. Besides that as you said Dali was your daughter not just a fur baby, and boy do I know that cause I feel the same way about Mattie girl. She was my girl and always will be my girl. Love that girl more than anything.

God Bless you
Hugs to you and Dali

Love you to the Moon and Back Mattie Girl
Forever a paw print on my heart <3

Reply with quote  #26 
Thanks MattiesMom..  Your posts always bring comfort to me, I appreciate that.  I have had many dogs and cats during my life and lost them, but none ever affected me like Dali.  I feel I had my "forever pet" and don't have any desire for another one.  I am thankful for the time I was given with her, so the pain and grief is worth it.  It is nice when someone understands that. Dali will always be the light of my life.  Thank you so much

Until we meet again

Dalidog

Reply with quote  #27 
Morning my Dali...
I speak to you all day long and have asked for you to come  see me when you can, knowing you are okay and close by gives me such comfort.  This morning I woke up and, before I even opened my eyes, I saw a bright light and there you were.  It was QUICK, and boom you weren't there.  Then it happened a second time.  My baby I cried because I knew it was you.  You were beautiful, long dark hair and a ribbon on your head, just like I always groomed you.  There was NO DOUBT it was you.  Then this morning I went in the bathroom and shut the door.  I could sense you outside the door.  I instinctively opened it to let you in, you have never scratched on a door, just sat there, and that's what happened.  I had a feeling that you came in and then, like the wind, you weren't there. I have no doubts about it, you came to see me and let me know you were okay.  Your signs have been powerful.   Thank you...Maybe you knew I have been crying because it is getting cold outside and, for some reason, I thought you were cold and I couldn't comfort you.  It has been killing me, but now I know you are okay.  I would not have believed all of this before you left me, but from the day after when that rainbow appeared over the house I have had no doubts.  Thank you Dali....You taught me so much about life and love and now what is after.  I know I look forward to holding you again one day, until then, play and be happy.  I know now you won't forget me.  You have given me such comfort today.

Until we meet again

loft2111

Reply with quote  #28 
You are so lucky to be receiving signs from Dali.  I'm sure she is warm and comfy, there is no discomfort at the bridge, our babies are all happy, full, warm and healthy!
Dalidog

Reply with quote  #29 
Thanks....  something was sooooo very comforting this morning, but I still would give anything to have things back the way they were.  I know my kids are getting tired of me talking about my Dali.  This morning my daughter was over and asked if my oldest was coming from Biloxi for Thanksgiving, she thought it would be good if I had all my kids together.  I told her I wasn't cooking and I would never have all my kids together again (she knew what I meant).

I hope you are doing okay today.  I have been thinking about Little Man today and lit my candles for him and Dali and said a prayer for them and all the furangels.  So very different how I view anything in this life now.  Hugs to you

Until we meet again

PeanutsMom

Reply with quote  #30 
So happy for you that your Dali has given you a sign, and to read that you are doing better today because of it.  You are lucky to know that she is okay.  I have been hoping for a sign from my Peanut girl.  My husband had a dream about her and said she appeared to be happy.  There have been a couple of times when I thought I heard her moving around behind me while I was at my computer but I can't be sure.  I'm very glad you have found comfort in her appearances and hope that now that you know she is okay your days will be a little easier.  Take care.  *Hugs*

My sweet Peanut, you are the sunshine of my life and I will love you forever
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.