Forum

Author   Comment   Page 10 of 210     «   Prev   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   Next   »
Dalidog

Reply with quote  #136 
Hi Dals,
Wanted to write to you as I have been thinking about you all day long.  I was with friends today and had to leave and come home before I cried.  Told them so... and I got the "oh, my God....Still?".  It hurts so much that people think I should be OVER you.  There is no over you.  You are my light and my joy and made my life complete.  Thank you Dali.  Although you knew I love you and you are my favorite girl of all time, I don't think I really appreciated how much you mean to me until you were gone.  I'm sorry for that.  Melissa is getting a new cat next week.  We paid for it at the shelter yesterday.  That's all she wanted for Christmas, so I bought it for her.  I told her it will be sad that she brings a cat home to her house and Dali is not there to know it and play with it.  You would love a new cat...   Please play with all your friends at the bridge.  Balogna and Rabies the cats are with you I am sure ...they were your favorites.  Love you and miss you more each day if that is possible....mom

Dali, as much a daughter as any human...  pure love
Until we meet again

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/DALI003/Resident.htm

Jimbo106

Reply with quote  #137 
People who have never felt the special bond we have with our loved ones can't understand how much they mean to us. Even now, if Jamie's name comes up, sometimes I can talk freely and other times I have to walk away. There is no "getting over", we just find a way to keep going. It is possible to miss them even more at times, certain times of the year bring it all back.

Hugs to you.

Jim

Reply with quote  #138 
Thanks Jim...  It is good to know that I am not alone in how I feel.
I am having such a hard time with the holidays.  I just feel like I am being forced to live a life I never expected.  Other than this forum, I keep my sadness and grief to myself (but everyone says I am very different) and I speak to Dali everyday, hold her picture every evening and put it under my pillow since she always slept with me.  I know I will never be the carefree happy person I was before.  I will be okay, just different.  Again, thanks for understanding

Until we meet again

Dalidog

Reply with quote  #139 
Dali it is cold and wet out tonight.  It has been raining all day.  I found myself driving home calling to you tonight.  Worried that you are cold or wet.  Then I came home and red that beautiful story someone posted about losing a dog.  I cried all the way through it.  It reminded me of you so much and all the happiness and joy you brought me and you will always bring me joy.  The sadness and grief right now is mine, not yours.  I love you Dali....you are truly an angel that God let me borrow for a while.   When you come and bring me signs, never worry that you made me feel the way I do...it is because I love you so.  I will always be grateful for you..  Thank you.  I have thanked you every day since you left me and I will thank you in some way every day for the rest of my life.  Love and Kisses on that big black nose of yours...

Until we meet again

fonziesmom

Reply with quote  #140 
Been thinking of you and LM's mom a lot but haven't been writing much. Trying to stay happy and keep busy for the new baby and my other kids for the holidays. It's so hard. Definitely not in the mood. Not ready. Fonzie always say on my lap during Christmas morning. That will be so hard. He was always everywhere I was but I have such specific memories and connections to him on Christmas.
I am sorry you got that reaction from your friends recently. It's so sad that others can't understand how deeply we loved and are connected to our pets. Truthfully in a way I envy that because I wouldn't be experiencing this pain. But I know I am so very grateful for the love and memories he gave me that it was worth it. I just don't want to ever go through it again. I know you feel the same. It's sad your friends don't...though many of us on here have experienced something similar.

Reply with quote  #141 
Hello Dalis Mom, how are you doing?  I know how you feel about the reactions of others when they see that you are still missing and grieving youre sweet Dali. Sometimes I cant believe the way some family members, friends, coworkers, react when I talk about my beloved girl Coco. Usually they listen with politeness for a little bit and then change the subject as quick as possible. Every now and then I will have a conversation with someone that has recently suffered a similar loss or someone that really cares enough to understand. I do agree that there is great comfort on this forum and this is a great place to express how we are feeling. I loved Coco so much as I know you loved Dali, Youre expressions convey that very special bond that you had with her. I used to talk about Coco all the time when she was alive. So now I am finding that I still need to talk about her. So as I go through my day I figure out a way to talk about her. I need to work this out for her as well as for me. I don't much care about what others think of it. I am going to honor the relationship that I had with my dog in the way I feel that I have to. I recall you telling me to grieve the way that I need to and to take the time that I need to. I agree with that very much Dalis mom. I appreciate the insights you have given to me and I send my love and hugs to you and youre sweet Dali!! sincerely, Andrea
Dalidog

Reply with quote  #142 
Thanks for the kind words Fonzie's Mom and Andrea. 
This forum gives me such great comfort.  As much as I hate that other people feel this way, it is good to know I am not alone and that other people understand.  It is so amazing to me that a little dog can turn your whole world upside down and change it forever, but I am seeing that it really is true for a lot of people.  Today is Saturday and I hate Saturdays for obvious reasons...  12 weeks today.  Twelve weeks since the world as I knew it ended.  The Christmas season has made it seem worse as everyone goes about their happy shopping and plans and I die inside thinking....what about Dali?  When family members ask me what I want for Christmas, I always tell them I can't have what I want, so just make a donation to an animal shelter in my girls name.  I hope they do it, it means a lot for the animals who need it.  I honor her through the shelters and privately with my memorial, my prayers, and my love for her.  Last night I dreamed she was lying in the corner like she often did and I reached down to pet her.  She rolled over and I got to touch her and pet her..I had been praying to dream of her and it seemed so real and lasted just a minute.  I woke up and tried my best to go back to sleep and continue, but did not.  That was the best present she could have given me...thank you Dals.  I miss that touch.  I agree with you Fonzies mom that I envy others too, but only for a minute.  Then I realize I wouldn't have traded that time for all the pain in the world.  I know I will never have another furbaby.  What I feel now is worth the time I had of that unconditional love.  Dali never let me down and was always there for me.  I will always honor her and wear her name on a heart around my neck.  The charm makes that noise against the Lhasa Charm I wear with it that sounds like her tags on her collar.  When they "clink", it always makes me think of her and gives me comfort.
We all have those special memories of our babies at Christmas, they comfort us and make us sad at the same time.  I have changed all my traditions this year. Keep talking about your baby, Andrea.  No one in my family wants to hear it, so I just don't talk much at all.  They say I have changed, where is the carefree, happy, do everything person for the holidays?  I just smile at them and say she is gone, life is different.  They know what I mean and don't push.  I hope you are all doing okay.  Life goes on no matter what, it is just a different reality now, one none of us ever wanted.  I am thankful for the signs and love that is still there.  Hugs to you all and thanks

Until we meet again

Dalidog

Reply with quote  #143 
Hi Dals...
I know you never cared for Aubree (my granddaughter)  You didn't grow up around little kids, and although you let them pet you and you played with them, you didn't like them staying.  When Aubree came along 4 years ago you tolerated her, let her pull on your hair and take your bows out.  You were never cross with her, just licked her and tried to get away.  She came over today and I was holding her.  She took the necklace I wear and held it and asked me what it said.  I told her it says "Dali".  She looked right in my eyes and said...  "Dali is your angel now".  It floored me..don't know where that came from.  All she had been told was that you were living in heaven now.  Tears came to my eyes and I replied...  Dali was always my angel and always will be.  Love you baby....felt close to you today.  I know you knew the 12 week mark would be devastating to me..  Thank you for making it easier...I smiled because I love you. 

Until we meet again

Dalidog

Reply with quote  #144 
Sunday morning Dals...the last before Christmas is finally over.  I got up early and went to mass today.  I can never bring myself to pray for anything but YOU anymore.  I wrote your name on my bills for the offering (as I always do)..along with "I miss you".  There are a LOT of bills with your name on them now floating around out there.  I smile when I think of people reading it.  I came back home to the empty house, made sure your candle was lit, and trying to get through another day without you.  Thanks Dals....I am forever in your debt for the love you brought to me.

Until we meet again

Dalidog

Reply with quote  #145 
For you my Girl...  this is certainly a different life and one I never wanted.  Hope you are playing with all your friends today.  Take care of Powder...she is new and I know she will benefit from your love.
www.TheGriefToolbox.com

Until we meet again

Dalidog

Reply with quote  #146 
Missing you today as always my girl.  Your little sister came over and still won't let me pet her.  She looks for you and knows you would not let me pet her....she misses you too  Thank you Dals, missing your big nose and wet kisses [image] 

Attached Images
jpeg DSCN4414_(3).JPG (164.90 KB, 34 views)

Until we meet again

Dalidog

Reply with quote  #147 
one of my favorites   [image]

Attached Images
jpeg DSCN4440_(3).JPG (132.33 KB, 34 views)

Until we meet again

Dalidog

Reply with quote  #148 
Will light my candles tonight for you my girl..and one for LM (please take care of him). 
I thank you and I miss you more than I could have ever imagined.  I still look for you everywhere.  Twelve weeks is an eternity without you...  Love you, keep sending me signs and take care of my heart...it is with you.
Love you, MOM [image] 

Until we meet again

MurphysMom_0831

Reply with quote  #149 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalidog
[image] 

Precious Dali and Momma,

[pic_21]

Love, Murphy, Spencer, Grady Girl and Murphy's Mom

"Sometimes there is a dog who is so special, he is able to wrap himself so completely around your heart it is impossible to tell where you begin and he ends."  For My Beloved Murphy, 08/31/2004 - 06/18/2014

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/MURPH121/Resident.htm

http://s327.photobucket.com/user/kathrynbrown1626/library/?sort=6&page=1
Dalidog

Reply with quote  #150 
Thank you Murphy's mom.....that was touching.  The ceremony tonight was very moving.  Your post made me smile, my forum family understands what my home family doesn't seem to.  Merry Christmas to you, your Murphy, Spencer and Grady Girl.  My Dali gave me the greatest gift of all, her unconditional love and I can ask for nothing more.  Hugs to you...

Until we meet again

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.