Forum

Author   Comment   Page 9 of 210     «   Prev   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   Next   »
Dalidog

Reply with quote  #121 
Hi Dali..  been reading on the forum tonight.  Lucy's mom posted this:

The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not ‘get over’ the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will heal and you will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to.”

― Elizabeth Kubler-Ross and John Kessler

This is so true...   I will never be the same, life will never be the same

Thank you Dali, I miss you...  I will honor you forever.

Dali, as much a daughter as any human...  pure love
Until we meet again

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/DALI003/Resident.htm

Dalidog

Reply with quote  #122 
Hi Dals...  been home cleaning house (careful to always look for even a hair of yours).  Such a nice day out and a day I know you would enjoy sitting in the sunshine.  I know it is always perfect at the bridge.  I have been remembering all the good and trying to smile because I know you would want that, but I am probably just fooling myself because my smiles are really tears for you.  I am so sorry for not knowing you were ill or how things would end that week.  I miss you so.  But as far as YOU, knowing how great all the years with you were, I wouldn't change any of them to lesson the grief.   Dals......my best friend forever.  I see that BFF and I smile, I think of you.  I have to trust that this is part of God's plan and I will love and think of you forever.   I have those momentary happy seconds when I forget you are gone..  This morning I was sitting on the sofa and I got up and instinctively said....  Come on Dali, lets go.  For that split second it was back before you left me.  I stopped quickly after the words came out and the tears flowed.  Maybe you were here that second...you are always here in my heart.  Love you Dals...  play at the bridge until I get there.  You have many new friends who have their moms and dads grieving here too.   I love you and thank you for being my Dali

Until we meet again

Dalidog

Reply with quote  #123 
Sitting on the sofa alone tonight watching TV.  Glancing now and then at your picture on the bookcase.
Trying not to cry, but the tears are flowing.  Missing you...missing you...  so very much.
I love you Dals.

Until we meet again

ahartofilis

Reply with quote  #124 
Hello Dalis mom, I appreciate youre expressions. I had no idea that when Coco passed that I would be feeling this level of grief. Sometimes you cannot truly relate to something unless you go through it yourself. My own father who is emotionally pretty cold told me it was too painful for him when he lost Lance, the family dog. That's why he never got another dog. He just could not go through loosing another one again. I know how you feel when you said that when the vet gave you the medication for 10 days that you expected things to be O.K with Dali. When I first took Coco to the vet for her limp they thought it was just arthritis and sent me home with pain medication. She never did get better and when I brought her back a week later they did an x-ray which showed the bone cancer, terminal. I had 3 weeks with her after that. It was not enough time to show her all of the love that I wanted to. It was not enough time to come to terms with all of it. I did what I could and promised her as well as the vet that I would not let her suffer. I still struggle with having to let her go. I think we both did the best we could with Dali and with Coco. Now they are in perfect health and becoming great friends!! I am so thankful to have found this forum. Coco has some wonderful friends now, youre Dali, Mattie, Misty, L.M. just to mention a few! thanks for listening  hugs from me to you and Dali,  Andrea
Dalidog

Reply with quote  #125 
Thanks Andrea
Everyone on this forum knows the depth of that love and that pain.  I understand why your father never wanted another pet.  I have had many animals but none affected me like Dali.  I loved them all, but somehow  Dali touched my heart and became a part of me.  I'm so sorry about Coco.  I'm so happy you had those 3 weeks with her.  I know they must have been very sad, but be happy that you got to spend such important time with her and show her the depth of your love.  I don't think I will ever get over Dali leaving so suddenly and unexpectedly. People tell me all the time that I will eventually want another pet.  They don't understand.  That may be okay for some people and I admire it, but I know I will never want another dog.  I couldn't handle it.  My kids bring over their pets to try and comfort me, but I still feel guilty even petting them.  I love them too, but it is so different.  As much as I miss her, I take comfort in knowing she is  playing with all her friends at the bridge.  It is just so hard.  I view every new day as another day in this alternate world I live in now, but also another day closer to when we will be together again.  Hugs to you and your Coco

Until we meet again

Dalidog

Reply with quote  #126 
Hi Dals.  Another Monday without you.  I miss you so.  Thank you, as I thank you every day.  I had a talk with my sister about you today.  She understands as she has had loss also.  She understands why I have no Christmas tree and why I am not sending Christmas cards for the first time ever.  I just don't feel the joy and celebration this year. I am so thankful for you, but I know I am so selfish because all I want is you. I will be happy when the new year comes and the holidays are over.   I miss you so.  I was remembering today how you would hit me with your paw so I would know you were there.  I knew, I was just not paying enough attention.  And how you would always shake hands for pets and love, but only left handed.  Never could get you to use that right paw.  I love you girl..  enjoy playing with your friends until I get there.  MOM

Until we meet again

danzey

Reply with quote  #127 
dali's Mom............I love it!!!  Dali's left handed, and so am I!!!.................danzey
Dalidog

Reply with quote  #128 
Thanks Danzey...  that made me smile on a night I have shed tears at the candlelighting ceremony. 
God Bless you..

Until we meet again

Dalidog

Reply with quote  #129 
Morning Dali..
My daughter and I are taking boxes of supplies to the shelters today.  I put a beautiful picture of you on the box with the words "from my Dali".  I want everyone to know who you are and what you mean to me.  There is a bell on the box and when it rings I think of you.  Don't need anything to remind me to think of you, I do that all day every day.  I miss you so.  You have a good day at the bridge while we deliver your boxes and remember how much I love you...Thanks for being my Dali. 
Love you forever, MOM

Until we meet again

angela_24

Reply with quote  #130 
What an awesome Mom you are! Dali was a beautiful girl and made you so proud. So many beautiful memories!! It warms my heart to see these pictures and read all the beautiful responses. Bless all of you wonderful parents of the fur babies! You make this world a more beautiful place!   

"And can it be that in a world so full and busy, the loss of one creature makes a void so wide and deep that nothing but the width and depth of eternity can fill it up!" ~Charles Dickens

Angela 

Dalidog

Reply with quote  #131 
Thanks Angela.

Dali will always be the light of my life.  I cried when we were at the shelters today.  I just can't imagine having another dog, but I loved petting them and bringing them things.  My daughter adopted a cat at the cat shelter today.  That was what she wanted for Christmas.  When we were in the cat room, all I could think about is how much Dali would love it there.  She loved cats.  When we left my daughter turned to me and said...you know, Mom, that room would be heaven for Dali.  She is playing with a roomful of cats now.  I couldn't contain myself and the tears flowed like a river.  I found comfort in leaving things with a picture of my baby on it and the notes from Dals.  Now I am going to write her a letter and release it with balloons on Christmas day.  I told my children that instead of buying me gifts for Christmas to give a donation to the humane society in Dali's name.  There is nothing I need now except to do things to honor my Dals.  Thanks again...

Until we meet again

Dalidog

Reply with quote  #132 
Still having a hard time accepting that you are not here Dali...
Heavy heart tonight  ..  I am missing you terribly, crying inside and out

Until we meet again

loft2111

Reply with quote  #133 
Sorry to hear you had a difficult night.  I too did a lot of crying last nigh.  i opened Little Man's urn and traced his paw print, felt a lock of his hair and read all the sympathy cards we received.  I don't think the pain will ever go away, I can't imagine not thinking about LM one second of the day.  They will always be in our hearts and on our minds and they deserve no less.  Take care of yourself, I know next week will not be easy but know Dali will be with you in spirit.
Dalidog

Reply with quote  #134 
Thanks Little Mans mom..  I know Christmas will be very hard for both of us.  I still just can't accept that my Dali is gone.  Iknow today is the Wednesday benchmark for you..I have been thinking about you and LM.  Take care of yourself.

Until we meet again

Dalidog

Reply with quote  #135 
[1146345_10151599202527304_2024684974_o]

Until we meet again

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.