Forum

Author   Comment   Page 8 of 210     «   Prev   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   Next   »
Dalidog

Reply with quote  #106 
HOpe you had a wonderful day playing at the bridge my baby girl.  I am still coping, doing the best I can.  Everything reminds me of you.  Even all these weeks later I still go through the dust pan when I sweep looking for a hair or two of yours to save.  Vacuuming is out of the question still.  I cherish anything I can of yours, seal them in bags to keep your scent, and they are my greatest treasures.  Not sure how I will survive the holidays.  Love you Baby....come visit me in my dreams and send me signs.  Love MOM

Dali, as much a daughter as any human...  pure love
Until we meet again

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/DALI003/Resident.htm

MattiesMom10

Reply with quote  #107 
Hello Dali Mom,
Just wanted to see how your doing and say hello. Yes the coming weeks will be super hard for all of us. Our special fur angel will help us get through them ( I hope ). Funny you say vacuuming is out of the question I still have not moved my couches to run mine for I know there is a ton of fur for she and I slept on the couch for the last year or so, and that is where I still sleep to this day. I think inside my head I feel closer  to her cause I can smell her and almost feel her. I keep you and Dali in my thoughts and prayer every day. I pray that you find some sort of comfort in the up coming days. Take care

Hugs to you

Woofs and Wags to you Ms. Mattie, Dali, Murphy,LM and all your fur friends. Have a wonderful day. Super big hugs to all of you

Love you to the Moon and Back my sweet Mattie Girl
Forever a paw print on my heart

Reply with quote  #108 
Thanks Mattie's mom.   It seems we all have many of the same reactions and feelings when it comes to finding or holding on to the smallest pieces of that life we had when our angels were here.   I found a piece of my Dalis hair this week in an old brush I used to groom her with.  I carefully removed it, smelled it (wow, that smell, it was HER), I held it a while and cried and then sealed it in a baggie and put it on her shelf so I can put it in her scrapbook.  I was very emotional.  I had her nephew dog? (her little sisters offspring) at my house and he came over for me to pet him when he saw how upset I was.  I reached to pet him and he smelled my hand.  He started looking all over the house for Dali (he  loved her too).  It broke my heart and I cried that much more.  He kept looking at me with that "Where is she" look in his eyes.  He lives with my daughter and Dali's sister and I know they both grieve for her too.  It is like she was here yesterday....and oddly, the more time goes by the more I grieve for her. 

I hope you are doing okay.  Your posts always bring smiles to me when you talk about your Mattie.  Thanks for your support.  Christmas is not going to be very happy at my house this year.  I just want to get through it.

Until we meet again

ahartofilis

Reply with quote  #109 
Hello Dali's Mom, I was just looking at some of youre pictures of Dali. What a beautiful sweet looking dog!! I especially like the one with her and the cat, Beautiful!! I wish that I could say the right words to give you more comfort. I am sure that Coco is with Dali and they are having a good time together. Its been 3 days now with Coco. I woke up with a little more resolve about things this morning but I know that I will probably be a basket case by noon time. Like you, I got Coco a little bit later in my life as my daughters were in their teens. Coco became in a sense like my next daughter. She filled the void  that my daughters left in my life and a lot of my free time was spent with her. It is really hard when I am alone in this house and she is not here with the demands of taking care of her. My husband says that I am burnt out and need a rest now. He is right about that. I just wish I could figure out how to feel comfortable about resting in this house!! I will try to get a picture up of Coco soon. Take care, God Bless, Andrea
Dalidog

Reply with quote  #110 
Thanks Andrea.  My Dali thought she was a cat most of the time and loved them.  She would kiss on them and lay with them and play gently.  Even cats she didn't know would come up to her when we would walk and rub on her.  I know what you mean about being lone in your house and not feeling comfortable.  It makes me feel guilty for all the times I left her and went somewhere, now she is not here to be with me.  I have days where I don't cry too much and then those that I am a basket case all day.  It comes in waves.  My panic attacks are better with meds, but sometimes I still feel overwhelmed.  Can't wait to see the pics of Coco.  Love reading about all the animals my Dali is playing with.  I have a video of her playing with a cat that was taken about a month before she left.  She was happy and healthy and enjoying life.  I can't figure out how, or I would post it.  Take care..Can't wait to see the pics and tell us more about your Coco.

Until we meet again

Dalidog

Reply with quote  #111 
Good Morning my Dali.
Had a terrible night last night, couldn't sleep.  Was thinking of you and holding your picture all night.  Haven't had a sign from you in a while, so I know you are busy having a great time at the bridge.  Trying to get the strength to go through more of your pictures, but I can't right now.  They make me happy, but they make me sad all at the same time.  Christmas pictures are the worst, as I am having hard time coping with the holidays.  I am trying to ignore them....no shopping, no tree.  You have a great day playing with your friends.  I watched the video of you playing with Bologna (the cat) about a month before you left me.  All happy and healthy and I was looking forward to the holidays.  It made me ache to hold you and kiss on you my baby.
DSCN4399 (4).JPG 

Until we meet again

loft2111

Reply with quote  #112 
I'm sorry to hear you had a bad night.  Grief is so unpredictable, just when things seem half way decent it creeps back in.  I literally had a week of feeling somewhat normal, telling myself that it will be okay then out of nowhere back to crying daily and being a mess.  I'm sure we will go through the back and forth for some time.  Dali is adorable and I love all the pics of the bows in her hair, she looks like a show dog!  I find comfort in knowing that all of our babies are together and safe.  Take care of yourself, I always have you and Dali on my mind and in my prayers.
Dalidog

Reply with quote  #113 
Hi Dals..  Another lonely night.  Your candle is burning brightly beside your picture.  Keep the light in my life little girl.  I so love you and so miss you.  It is rainy and dreary and I hope you are safe and warm.  Love you...play freely

Until we meet again

Dalidog

Reply with quote  #114 
Good Morning Dali..  Rained all night and I tossed and turned, held your pictures..and worried about you being in the rain.  Your face is as clear to me as always and my heart sinks that I can't touch you.  Went to store yesterday and tried to go down the pet aisle to buy your sister and nephew dog some treats...but I couldn't bring myself to go there.  It was as if my feet were glued to the floor.  Odd that my daughter and I  went shopping for supplies for the shelters, that was okay.  But when it meant getting something that you would have had a part in...nope, couldn't do it.  Just like I cry when I pass the rotisserie chickens in the store.  I bought one to feed you chicken the last week you were here.  You loved it so and were eating so well...what is wrong with me?  Why did I not see?  I am so sorry.  Not much means anything to me anymore, not without you.  Love you...always looking for ways to honor you..  MOM.  Take care of yourself please and come to me when you can.  I love that.

Until we meet again

loft2111

Reply with quote  #115 
Hi there,
I feel the same way every time I see a rotisserie chicken, LM used to love them and could literally eat the whole one if I let him.  It's not your fault.  I have pictures on my phone of LM walking and acting normal on Thursday, then on Sat his health declined and he passed on Wednesday.  Not even a week and he completely deteriorated.  There is no way for us to see or know, by the time they show anything it's really just too late.  I had walking friends by my old neighborhood and two of them lost their dogs without even seeing any signs.  Both their dogs were okay one minute running and playing and collapsed and passed away.  Don't blame yourself.
Dalidog

Reply with quote  #116 
Thanks Little Mans mom...  Some days are just so hard.  I know Dali was so healthy the weekend before she left me.  I thought she didn't feel well, but waited a day or two to take her to the doctor.  I will always wonder if that would have made a difference.  I thought it was from the move, or something she ate, or just a cold she was getting.  And what I beat myself up over is that after the doctor gave her a shot and the 10 day prescription I let my guard down.  I was relieved and thought, oh, she has a respiratory infection but the doctor took care of it.  They even tried to sell me heart worm pills.  I didn't worry about her at all that last day......I worry now she was in pain and I didn't know, did she think I didn't care????  I was so busy moving in and settling in the new house.  I remember how Dali and I used to sit in the swing and watch the cars at the old house.  I bought a bench and cushion and put on the new front porch the first week....we only got to sit on it once together and I remember telling her I bought it for her and we would sit there now.  Now every time I go to the front door I break down. Christmas is killing me....  I so want the holidays to be OVER.  Thank you for your comments.  I know it is hard to tell when they can't tell you.  But like any mother is with a child, I feel responsible.  The guilt hasn't lessoned any in the last 10 weeks.

Until we meet again

Dalidog

Reply with quote  #117 
This was on the Rainbows Bridge facebook page today...  but we already knew that!
Wait for me Dals

[image]

Until we meet again

Leahbeahis

Reply with quote  #118 
It's so hard, I know. My guilt hasn't lessened any either. I wasn't there with Lucy in her last moments, and it kills me. Blaming ourselves is irrational but we do it because we are thinking emotionally. Usually when we take our baby to the vet, we trust what the vet is telling us. Your vet said Dali would be okay. I would've believed it too. Dogs are smarter than we think. Dali knew you cared so much for her, she could sense it. I want Christmas to be over as well. I'm hoping my son will like his gifts but other than that, I wish I could fast forward the whole thing. People don't understand. They expect you to go on like everything is hunky-dory. I hope you are able to get some sleep.

Reply with quote  #119 
I'm sorry for the loss of your Lucy, Leah.  I know everyone on this forum understands that loss.  I keep the 9 pills I had left for Dali (had given her one the night before and told her she was getting better).  I can't bear to remove the pill bottle from my kitchen cabinet, yet every time I have to get something from that cabinet it makes me cry.  One day I may move them to her memorial shelf on  my bookcase, but not yet.  I keep planning on doing things and can't make myself do them. Christmas is another story.  First time without a real tree.  I can't bear to go through my Christmas ornaments and boxes.  I know every one of them will have Dali memories in them of some sort.  I am going to keep them unopened and maybe next year I will be able to handle it.  I am going slow and doing things at my own speed this year instead of trying to please everyone else.  Hugs to you and thank you for the comfort.  Your words are very touching.

Until we meet again

Dalidog

Reply with quote  #120 
Another Sad Saturday, another benchmark 11 weeks.  I hate to wake up on Saturday mornings now...they bring back all the pain.  Saturdays will always be known as Sad Saturdays now for me.  I miss you Dals....the weather is beautiful today and I can imagine you playing outside, smelling the flowers, stepping lightly through the flowers.  I looked hard for butterflies today, but the haven't come.  I hope you haven't forgotten me.  Please come to me, show me a sign.  I was out planting violas this morning and the realtor came to show the house next door.  She asked about you and I had to tell her you were not here....so hard to do, makes it too real.  Anyone who I run into now that hasn't seen me in a while asks about you.  I know you are loved by everyone.  Everyone misses your beautiful happy self walking regally down the road, stopping to see the cats, let the kids pet you, or just be admired by the neighbors.  I miss you so....  Used to walk every day, now it is rare. When I walk now it is so I can be alone with you and my thoughts of you...talk to you and sing to you.  I miss you so much, words cannot begin to convey the depth of loss I feel without you here.  Going to church in the morning, hoping the priest will talk about what the Pope said.  I could have told them you are still here and I will be with you again.  You were my heaven on Earth...now that you are gone...I have faith that you will be my Heaven in Heaven when we meet again.  I love you and thank you for being my Dali.

Until we meet again

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.