smilte
Hello,
I lost my beloved cat on Monday to intestinal lymphoma. She was hiding her symptoms so well that when we noticed it was already to late. I miss her so much that my body hurts, my hart is in a thousand peaces. Hyra was wonderful, beautiful, smart, loving 14 year old bengal cat with big green eyes, strong voice. I miss her voice, miss her sitting in the kitchen, miss her waiting for me... I miss her. She was my rock, soul mate. I miss her..I feel so guilty for not spending more time with her... I just miss her.
Quote 0 0
et61
So sorry to hear of the loss of your beloved cat. I lost my Sweetie April 8th and still can't bring myself to looking at his ashes, pictures of him, etc. and sometimes am in denial that he is really gone. He was my baby and loved him more than any of my 15 (yes 15!) animals. My heart breaks. He was a stray that jumped in my car 6 years ago and it was then I became a "cat lady". He was special. He was different and I miss him dearly. My heart breaks when I think of him. He was healthy until a week before his passing and spent the last 5 days hooked up to IVs in the vets office trying to save him. Don't feel guilty for not spending more time with her. From your pain it sounds like you gave her a great life. That's all animals want. Glad you posted here and I hope that you can find some healing through this. I wish we all had more time with our beloved pets - their lives are too short.
Quote 0 0
Meekosmommy
I know exactly how you feel. My dog lived at my parents house because I was living in an apartment that didn't allow dogs. I would come to my parents house 3 days a week to be with him. I am just about to move into a dog friendly town house May 1st, I was so excited to have him there with me all the time but then he passed away. He had a seizure for 45 minutes and ended up brain dead at 2.5 years old. I feel very guilty he didn't live with me and I didn't spend as much time as I could with him. I'm very sorry for your loss. Time heals all wounds and I'm sure your kitty was very happy with you.
Quote 0 0
smilte
Thank you both for sharing your stories. I am sorry for your losses. Reading them it does help me heal. I think some pets just grab our hearts in a special way. I experienced pet loss before but never had such strong bond. Hyra was mine. She adopted me, she picked me and stayed with me though out my sickness and bed rests. I miss her...
Quote 0 0
jimmy17
So sorry for your loss of Hyra, she sounds such a beautiful girl.  They really do break our hearts when we lose these special pets. we lost out 17 year old dog Jim, just before Christmas, and although we`ve had animals before, he was that `Once in a Lifetime` one, who we`ll miss for the rest of our lives.  Just know that you gave Hyra such a great life, she would have known how very much loved she was.  This site helped me so much, knowing there are others out there all going through the same awful loss, but willing to listen. 
                                                                     Hugs, Jackie
J Taylor
Quote 0 0
smilte
Thank you jimmy17. Reading and writing on this forum makes my journey of healing a bit easier. I am sorry for your loss.
Quote 0 0
winstonsmom12
Smilte  I am so glad posting here makes you feel better.. There are so many kind folks on here that always taketime to help and comfort others.  I hope you keep posting.  It helps quite a bit i've found out.  Like everyone else i'm so sorry for your loss   Sue
Susan
Quote 0 0
CK1991
So sorry for the loss of your beloved cat! Animals hide their pain so please do not feel guilty that you didn't spend more time with your beloved Hyra. Of course you would have if you had known but it's that hindsight thing. I'm sure Hyra knew she was loved by you and that is the most important thing.
Hugs!
Ck
Quote 0 0
Ceasar
Smilte,
Please know you have come to the right place. While we have all loved and lost at least one furbaby we still feel your pain. I have found over the years, that talking about Hyra and telling your story will not only help you, but others. All grief is different for every person, but you have found the place that has helped me and countless others tremendously over the years. Please never hesitate to talk about your precious Hyra. What a beautiful kitty, I am sure. Hang in there and just know I'm sure I can speak for others when say that we are truly sorry for your loss. Keep talking, it helps all.
Quote 0 0
smilte
Why it hurts so much. .. I have so many things to be thankful for.. but it hurts. I miss you Hyra so so much! It is empty and I want you back. I really want you back...
Quote 0 0
winstonsmom12
smilte  What we all wouldn't give to have our babies back.  Yes our lives seem very very empty without them.  You say you have many things to be thankful for.  Having your beloved Hyra for 14 great years is surely one of them.  Try to focus on the good, happy times with her.  Pets do hide their symptoms, and hurt very well I understand that now.  My Winston certainly did.

I feel I did the right thing by him when i made that hard decision.  I never got an exact diagnosis on him, but I couls see the misery in his eyes, and his body shutting down.  You did the loving thing for Hyra because you loved her and didn't want her to suffer anymore.  In time I think you will find solace in that, as I have.   Keep posting, we all understand perfectly how you are feeling right now.  Prayers to you   Sue
Susan
Quote 0 0