Canica_marbles
Hi I'm new here.
I have yet to stop crying, my dog died about 8 hours ago and I feel like I can't breath. It hurts so much. I've had her for 13 years and she's done so much for me. She's always taken care of me and I couldn't take care of her. I know it's only been hours but I'm here because my family doesn't understand. They get that it's sad that the dog died but I lost one of the greatest influence of my life, to them she was just a dog that protected us but to me she was more. It just feels like I can't breath. I miss you so much Canica.
Quote 0 0
Yaoyao
Hi there,

I am so sorry for your loss! And I'm sorry that you can't talk to your families. The bond we have with our animals is so unique and precious, unfortunately not all will experience this. Don't let other  people tell you how you should feel or grief, you have all the right to mourn for your loss. The loss of a loved one has huge impact on our lives, whether they are humans or not. 

The pain is still so new and fresh to you, cry as much as you need, don't hold back your feelings. I lost my baby almost five days ago, the first few days even weeks are the hardest, but eventually it will get a little bit easier. I am really sorry that you have to go through this, but you are NOT alone, people here in this community are so generous and kind and they have helped me so much in the past few days. 

You had a beautiful connection with your dog, that's something will stay with you forever. Trust me, you have been taking care of her, and you gave her so much love in the 13 years! She knew you loved her there is no doubt in that! Don't be too hard on yourself right now.

I wish you the best my friend! My condolences. 
Quote 0 0
Runningman66
Hi there and welcome to the forum.Sorry for your loss.Ive cried every every single day for a month since my boy passed so nothing wrong with that and as previously stated don’t hold your emotions in.We are all or have been through what you are now experiencing so try and think of the 13 happy yrs you both had together.As I write this I’m sat in my garden on a beautiful warm day with the wind blowing wishing my boy was beside me as I still cannot believe he’s gone forever.Sending love.
Quote 0 0
Canica_marbles
Thank you all so much. I was hesitant to come on here but all this support that random people provide for each other makes me so happy. I know she would have liked you all.
Quote 0 0
Yaoyao
Thank you all so much. I was hesitant to come on here but all this support that random people provide for each other makes me so happy. I know she would have liked you all.

you are so welcome! I also have received so much support in the past few days, I wouldn't be able to do it without the kindness and support from this community. It hurt, and probably will for a long time. But know that our loved ones love us, they would want us to be happy and to move and help more others. Best wishes to you!
Quote 0 0