aylagirl
I said goodbye to my sweet Mahala kitty today. She was diagnosed with FIP Tuesday, and got progressively worse everyday since then. This morning she could hardly walk or jump up, I felt so helpless as I watched her decline, and she was so bad today I made the decision to let her go. She had the wet form of FIP, and with that there is no hope beyond a month or two. She was my little soul mate, I miss her terribly, her in my lap, on my shoulder, and under my covers, purring and touching her dainty little soft paws to my face, her grooming me with her rough warm tongue. She was only 1.5 yrs old, we rescued her and our other cat a year ago. Our other cat, Koa, is also going to miss her, they were very close, and she is looking for her, I can tell by the way she seems unsettled, and meowing which she never did before. I'm feeling very alone right now, very sad. I love you my sweet Mahala kitty, I hope you are chasing birds and squirrels in kitty heaven. I'd give just about anything to have you back, even for a short time. I hope I did the right thing for you - that's all i wanted - what was best for you honey. Now, 2 days later, I am sick with guilt and regret - why didn't I take you in sooner when I noticed you were eating less? Maybe we should have tried a feeding tube even though you were at risk of not making it through general anestisia. What if the diagnosis was wrong, and FIP was not what you had, what if it was actually something more treatable? I am twisted inside with regret, if only I could have second chance to help you again. Please forgive me kitty, but I don't know if I can forgive myself.
Quote 0 0
tikidikidoo
Dear aylagirl,
I am so sorry for your loss. I know just how you are feeling. I lost my Havana on November 20. She was just over a year old. I feel anger at the fact that her life was cut so short but to whom do I direct that anger? To her sickness I suppose. My thoughts are with you and Koa. You will get through this together and Mahala will live on forever in your heart. I know that is small comfort now. I still cry nearly everyday for Havana. Take care. You are not alone.
Quote 0 0
chem78

I am so sorry for the loss of your dear kitty.  I too recently (dec 1) had to say goodbye to my dear Oliver who also had the wet form of FIP. After about 2 weeks of tests they (vets) finally decide he had FIP. And a about a week later he just became so weak, and wasn't eating, that I decide that I had to let him go. It's so hard to say goodbye.  But know that you did the best you could for your dear one.  FIP is such a horrible thing, to know that even with a diagnosis that there really isn't anything you can do for your kitty. I still have a hard time talking about Oliver to anyone. Please know that there are others here that also feel your deep pain.  And remember that though she was only with you a short time, she felt loved and loved you in return.

Quote 0 0