Loving_gods_babies
It's been 2 months and 3 days. I still replay that night in my mind. It still brings tears to my eyes, could I really love one of Gods babies so much that the hurt will be there forever.

When I met my wife 12 years ago she had a wonderful cat named Boo Boo. A all black cat with a white heart on her belly. Yep, it was a whit patch of fur that resembled a heart. First time I met the cat she jumped into my lap and sat there. My wife said "she doesn't do that with anyone". She knows your a good person. This loving animal grew on me and stole my heart. I could not explain how or why but I didn't care she chose me as her daddy and I was more then willing to take care of her. I could speak for hours of the silly things she did, but one thing was for sure, if you were upset she was the purring in your face, making sure she told you " I'm here, every to g will be ok now"

Every morning she waited at my feet while I got dressed. She showed love no matter what. I would take the extra time to pet her and play with her till she got her fill. There is no words to express what it's like to be greeted by your baby at the door when you arrive home.

2 months and 3 days I had to make the most traumatic decision to have her rest with God. Now you have to understand that BooBoo who was also nick named "Ma Kitty" was 20+ years old but you would swear she was a 4-5 year old feline. She started showing signs of dementia, this in itself was heartbreaking as I would have to call out to her to let her know I was there for her.

On that night we took her to the vet and found that her kidneys were failing and based on several things, it appeared she was not well. Our life sunk before us. We had to make that decision, we didn't want her to suffer. Fast forward through all the stuff. We spent about 15 minutes with her before the vet took her away. I looked I to her eyes and she looked at me and said " daddy it's ok, I'm ready to rest". I watched as she left my sight. ( I cry now as I type this) when they brought her back, they had cleaned the tears from her eyes and coved her in her blanket. I held her in her beds and cried for what seems an eternity was my d idiom the right one? Bring her back I yelled, I want my baby back!!!! It took everything for me to hand her back over as I collapsed to my knees. We had her cremated and placed into a beautiful oak box carved with a wonderful design.

I am a 44 year old professional man, we don't have kids, but that night still breaks me down and brings tears to my eyes in general public. I can't explain why this happens but I am still grieving my baby.

We ended up adopting 2 wonderful kittens, a brother and a sister. The humane society screwed us by providing us theses babies with ringworm also. So we have to isolate them, gown up with smocks and gloves to hold them. It's not fair! I won't return them, we fell in love with them. We can't hold them and love them the way we want to until they are cleared by our vet.

I have been in heart ache ever since and I can't even love on these babies they way I want too. It's funny, but every ASPCA commercial I would see I would find BooBoo and hold her and love on her Leto g her know she was ok. If I see strays, I kneel down and talk to them and I express to them they will be ok. I feel weird saying this in open forum. But I had to get it off my chest. God, please let her bring you as much joy as she did for me. I miss you.

Quote 0 0
mcianchette
Your compassion for your fur babies is really amazing.  We also had to make the decision to let one of our little dogs rest for eternity.  It's such a heavy, overwhelming and life altering decision.  Please know that you honored her by letting her go when she was ready to rest.  And how proud she would be to know that you adopted 2 new kittens, who clearly need patient and loving parents!  Peace to you during the times when you miss your sweet BooBoo...and God bless you for caring for the new babes.    
Quote 0 0
Dalidog
So sorry for the loss of your fur babies....  I totally understand.  Your compassion and love for your animals is that unconditional love that never goes away.  With that love comes grief ....but the love will always be there until you see them again.  Hugs...  Dali's mo

Dali, as much a daughter as any human...  pure love
Until we meet again

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/DALI003/Resident.htm

Quote 0 0
Loving_gods_babies
Thank you for the kind replies.  It is very hard on me right now.  I actually purchased a small Christmas tree about 18" high and decorated it with colorful bulbs and ceramic cats.  Under the tree her cremation box sits.  She always loved sitting under our 9.5' christmas tree.  She would stare at it and watch the lights blink.  She never messed with anything on it.  Its like she guarded it and made sure her yearly toy was kept safe.  I honor her memory with her own tree.  I am heartfelt that this forum is here.  I will visit often to read how much there are families that share the love for Gods babies as much as me.

God bless each and everyone of you!  Thanks
Quote 0 0
mcianchette
What a beautiful gesture...her own tree!!  And good for you for taking steps like this.  The holidays can be very tough times but you're moving forward in a loving and honorable way.  Blessings to you! 
Quote 0 0
Loving_gods_babies
BooBoo,

I want you to know not a day goes by where your memory has left me.  You unconditional love and precious way about you will always live within me.  My new babies recently turned one year old.  You would love them, and they would have kept you active with them.  Oakley and Willow have their own unique way about them, but as it may seem they love to sit and rest with me just like you did.  Yes the new babies are a handful but it worth it, no matter what.  They are very good and they listen well for two sibling cats.  The more time I spend with them the better they are.  They are just as loving as you were.  Rest easy my baby girl, for you are always loved and kept warm in my heart.
Quote 0 0
CB
I am glad your new babies are bringing you joy. I can feel your unending love for BooBoo though and hope that the pain has eased to a point where wonderful memories can be remembered.
Love you forever and ever and I will be there for you xx
Quote 0 0
Loving_gods_babies
Its been a year since you have been gone, and I still think about you.  I drift off sometimes thinking about the funny things you use to do, and the comfort you would bring when I was upset.  Oakley and Willow bring me much joy, but there will always be a part of me missing you.  Rest easy baby girl.....
Quote 0 0
Loving_gods_babies

You have been missed.....  Its been 1.5 years and I still think about you.  You lived for more then 20 years and brought joy every moment.  I love you BooBoo......

IMG_1087.JPG 

Quote 0 0
Bailey15
Oh what a beautiful cat! I love the picture you posted! Christmas! My little dog loved Christmas as well. Bailey never touched the tree either - except to see if there were presents there for him!

I am so sorry for your loss! It's obvious how very much you loved BooBoo. She sounds like such an amazing friend!! I admire you for keeping the kittens even though they had health issues. Oakley and Willow will have a wonderful life with you and your wife - just as BooBoo did! :)

Wishing you lots of good times with your new kittens and sweet dreams of beautiful BooBoo! :)

MJ
Quote 0 0
Loving_gods_babies
Its been three years sweet girl that you have been gone, but NEVER forgotten.   I figured I would add some pics to the thread.  As I mentioned before, I added Oakley and Willow to the family and they just turned 3, and in January I rescued another and brought home my newest sweet girl Mishi, she is a Seal Point Tortie Siamese.  I have to say this girl oozes love from every pore!!!!!  She just turned 1 and love to learn new tricks!  I gotta say the 3 of them keep me busy.  For BooBoo,  Mishi, found your old sleeping spot on top of the couch, I wonder if she knew you loved it there as much as she does.  Miss you BooBoo!  I am sure Oakley Willow and Mishi would have loved you!!!!!!!

Oakley and Willow
IMG_6212.JPG 

Mishi (at 4 months)
image1.JPG 

Quote 0 0