grimjim

I had to put Julius to sleep 5-4-2010, it was perhaps the most difficult decision I have ever had to make. It kills me to know that I will have to wake up in the morning and not see him there. Even though I only knew him for a little over 2 1/2 months, he taught me how to laugh and smile. He slept in my bed down around my feet and sometimes he would gently crawl up to my chest and put his soft heat inbetween my neck and shoulder. He had a snore that comforted me. With all my children grown and gone, he was supposed to be my lifelong companion. I didn't feel lonely with Julius there, always keeping me company. The last couple of days were the hardest, he hardly ate and suffered horrible convulsions. Even while he was incapacitated, he would still drag his body with his lower half dragging so that he could relieve himself outside. I feel really awful, and have a hard time sleeping. The last time I saw Julius was at the vets, I bundled him up in blanket and took him to be put to sleep. I hugged him, tucked him in, and kissed him for the last time. My feet felt like lead as I left the room and my heart sank to the floor. I felt like I lost one of my kids. I pray that I can see you again, my dear friend,.....wait for me and I will someday catch up with you....I'll bring along those pigs in a blanket treats and the squeaky fish you used to love. My heart hurts and my life feels empty without you here,..rest well my friend,..I will do the best that I can to get by

Quote 0 0
denise631
I'm so very sorry for your loss, I had to put my Pit of 9 yrs down right before Christmas last yr and it still hurts. He was survived by my girl Harley and I feel so sad for her missing her buddy. Your Julius was beautiful and he's playing in Heaven now with my Tully. We will see them again, I know we will. Take time to grieve and when you feel you can, get another dog. There's one waiting for you when you are ready. God Bless you and Julius
Quote 0 0
grimjim
Thanks,

You know, I used to be one of those "it's just a dog" type of people. It took me years to get a dog in the first place. When I first saw Julius, I was smitten by his handsome blue eyes, I just had to have him. Who would ever have believed that a former Marine could be brought to his kness and to constant tears by someone who was only around for at the most 3 months. It's hard not to cry as I type this message. I will cherish those few months of happiness that I had with Julius, my life was changed and I will forever remember the name of Julius and how he managed to make me a better human being. Safe voyage my friend, where you are I cannot follow, but will join you someday.....all my love   
Quote 0 0
Rick530

My baby boy also passed on the 4th. I too feel as you do. Sad and alone. But I am sure my lil boy Cash and your Julius are good friends now and are looking down on us.

Quote 0 0
grimjim

Great looking dog that cash. Thanks for the support,....I guess sometimes you feel like no one know what you are going through,..but here the feelings are mutual and well understood by everybody.

Quote 0 0
Rick530
Yes we are all in this together. I have never in my life been so sad as I am now. Me and my girl are right there with you in your pain. I've never cried so much in my life. But know our loved pups will never forget us and are always watching over us with loving eyes.

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/CASH004/Resident.htm
Quote 0 0
grimjim

I decided to finish my summer semester at Texas State and move back home to San Antonio. Losing my companion really hit me like a ton of bricks. I have an aunt and my son and his daughter and girlfriend both live there. I think I need to be closer to family so that I can get over this, maybe some volunteer work might help. Coping is the hardest part. The people who sold me Julius voluntered to give me their last remaining pup, but I felt like I am not ready to just jump into another relationship, besides I still have much mourning to do. I will honor my friend and when ready I will contemplate a new companion, however long that may be. I pray and hope for the best to all those who have lost their best friend.

Quote 0 0