opus Show full post »
opus
I miss my Jace.
Jace, I love you greatly and I always will.
Be free from pain and disability and take joy in your new life across the rainbow bridge. May we be united again someday.

In the meantime I hope I can find peace and the support I need to get through this pain.
Quote 0 0
misav
He’s beautiful! I lost my orange tabby on Christmas. I pray they can feel our love for them. My mom told me that grief is all the love we can’t give to them. So true. Blessings to you
Quote 0 0
opus
Your orange tabby is precious, Misav. Thank you for your blessings.
Be free from pain and disability and take joy in your new life across the rainbow bridge. May we be united again someday.

In the meantime I hope I can find peace and the support I need to get through this pain.
Quote 0 0
opus

It has been 5 months now that Jace has been gone.

I had a little luggage tag made with his picture on it and I see it at least twice every day.

Jace, I always picture you up in heaven with angel wings on. I hope you are happy there, pain free, with all the treats you want. I hope you are enjoying the sunshine and playing in the grass.

I miss you very much. I am so glad you came to live with me.

One day I hope we will meet again. Much love to you.

Quote 0 0
opus
It has been over 7 months now since I last held you, Jacey. Tears come to my eyes when I think of losing you. I have new cat companions, Hope and Renn, but of course they have not replaced you in my heart.

A good friend unexpectedly had her pet pass today and I pray for her and her family and that her dog has been welcomed across the rainbow bridge.

Huggs to all.

Quote 0 0
Will_Never_Forgive_Myself
Hi opus,
I read about Jace in your posts. I'm sorry for what happened to him. He was young, too, the same age as my Parker.  You loved Jace very much. I can see by your posts. I'm on 4.5 months and still grieving. I'm glad to see you have new loved ones, Hope and Renn.  Jace will always be with you.  My Parker is always on my mind, all day and all night, I'm still taking baby steps. It's been a long road for me. Peace to you and love to Hope and Renn.  ~ Parker's Mom, Tina
Quote 0 0
opus
Hi Tina,

It still hurts to think about losing Jace. I was just looking at the little luggage tag with his picture that I put on my medication box and it brought tears to my eyes.

Thank you for your kind wishes for me, hope and Renn.

Quote 1 0
Will_Never_Forgive_Myself
Thank you.  It hurts so to speak of Jace and Parker in the past tense.   I'm sorry it still hurts for you.  I hope Jace and Parker are friends and playing at Rainbow Bridge, if there is one.  Wow, if we knew for sure, it would give us so much more hope.  You take care.  Tina - Parker's Mom
Quote 0 0
opus
I believe there is one Tina. I do. I envision my Jace with his little angel wings.

Even if there are no wings, I believe we are reunited with those we love when we pass on.

Quote 0 0
opus
My sister had to put her dog, Annie, to sleep today. That was sad, but not why I am here.

So I don’t know if Annie being put to sleep triggered this or not but I suddenly just remembered the song I would sing to Jace whenever I wanted him to come running... and he usually would.

Tears immediately sprang to my eyes and my hands crossed over my heart.

I used to sing, “ Where is my Jace, where is he...” to a little made up melody.

September 20th, I believe, it will be one year that he’s gone.

I still always picture him with angel wings.

So anyway, I still miss him.

I know logically that his time was up, the cancer had finished its work and I had to put him to sleep, but knowing that doesn’t make it any easier.

Despite losing him, overall it has been a good year. The two cats I adopted soon after Jace’s death have been good for me, and I know I have to have been good for them.

But it still hurts. You know what I mean.

I called my daughter and told her what had happened when I remembered the “Where is my Jace” song, and she said, you know where he is, he is in the living room.

His ashes are there. He’s not though, he’s in heaven, over the rainbow bridge.

And I hope one day we will meet again.

Anyway, thanks for listening. I am wiping the tears off my face.

Best wishes to you.

Quote 0 0
Memories_of_Marmalade

Dear Opus,

Your beloved Jace certainly was a handsome fellow. Such a unique face and look about him. I am sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing that photo and some of his and your story and for going on to adopt other cat's in need. That is very kind, gracious and admirable of you. : )

Kind regards,
James
Quote 0 0
Araki
I, too, adopted a new baby as a companion for my 12 year old and to help myself. It has helped, but my baby is on my mind every day. Her anniversary is also September 20. Plan a special ceremony.
Thinking of you in your difficult moments.
🌸🐈🌸

Quote 0 0
misav
Dear Opus,

Your post really hit home. Sometimes I find myself looking for my orange kitty who passed on Christmas. I’ll look over to where his food bowl was, hoping to see him. It’s knocks the wind out of me when I remember he’s gone. I think about him at certain points of the day, and when I do, I look over to the framed picture of him that I put on the wall. I feel like he’s there and trying to make his presence known. I miss him so much..I’m only 22, but he was baby.

Hoping you continue to remember and cherish jace’s memory for many, many years to come.
Quote 0 0