sbradfordgowans
I just need to get some stuff out.  I am sitting here just bawling my eyes out after picking up my beloved dog's ashes.  My hubby and I had to put my 17+ year old yellow lab to sleep in January.  I had gotten her from my favorite uncle, who passed away a couple of years ago, when she was 3 and she had been by my side continuously since then.  Her hips got bad and one day she layed down and didn't want to get back up.  So we made the most heart-rendering decision I have ever made.
I miss my Basia so much it literally hurts!  I fell like a major body part is missing.  I can't stop thinking about the horrible day when we had to take her in to the vet for the last time.  It was awful.  A month later and the hurt is still so present.  I will never have another dog as wonderful as Basia and I just miss her so much I don't know what to do!
Quote 0 0
MichelleShebbasmom

Let me say I sorry for your loss. i know what you are going through. I had to put almost 16 year old cat, Shebba to sleep on Jan 8th of this year. I am still beside myself.  It's like biggest part of me have been removed from me.  I simply dredge my decision to put her to sleep even though it was the right thing to do. I still feel I could do more. I still cry and constantly call out her name or look around the house for her. I think we as humans feel so guilty when our furbabies die so young to us but in their years old that we have to continue on without  them.   Its a long bumpy road ahead for everyone here to endure to their path of healing.  From time to time you will that you moving onward only to fall back. You came to the right place, here we are help each other out by sharing loving stories of our pets and venting out our frustations. So cry if you must, but know you are not alone.    

Quote 0 0
River
It's true, suffering a loss like ours causes physical pain as well as emotional pain. I had a constant pain in my stomach for so long, I was beginning to think that I had an ulcer. It has been 9 weeks for me and it is beginning to get better but MichelleShebbasmom is right, you begin to feel better for a day or two and then for any number of reasons, as you probably know, it feels like you are starting all over. It is hard not to think of that horrible day. I replayed the day we lost our baby over and over endlessly. I was told to try to distract myself with other thoughts, but I must admit I just did not ever have enough control over my emotions to be able to. My thoughts are with you. I hope the pain of your loss will soon lessen.

Mary
Quote 0 0
breynolds

I understand exactly how you feel I miss my dog squirt so much she was my constant companion during my illness over the last 5 month she never left my side now as i sit home with out her the days seem to take forever and the nights even longer. A friend got me another puppy thinking it would help and in some ways it has and in others it makes me miss squirt even more I even find myself calling this new little addition by the wrong name.

Quote 0 0