Solsicemagic Show full post »
September
Hello Solsicemagic. I totally understand how you are feeling. It's three months since I lost Timothy. I'm coping with the feelings of grief and guilt as they are not so overwhelming but I think we eventually get to a point where we know it's as good as it's ever going to be.

We kept all Timothy's toys, but we took his house away and now I just don't know why we did it. I couldn't bear to see it in the garage, but I wasn't thinking straight just after he died and I just wanted it out of the way. I still avoid going into the garage. I have some nice framed photos of him, looking at them is sometimes comforting, other times it's very difficult because it brings back so many memories.

Oliver was a very loved little sweetheart, and no doubt he's still looking down on you from his favourite spot on the cabinet

Lynda
xxx

"The pain I feel now is the happiness I had before. That's the deal"      C.S. Lewis
Quote 0 0
Solsicemagic
It’s been nearly a month and it almost feels worse. Does that make sense? I still can’t talk about my boy without crying. I really regret taking his habitat down, but don’t think I should put it back up either. I don’t know what to do with that side of the room. It’s so empty but nothing else belongs there....
Quote 0 0
September
Yes, it makes perfect sense. With me, it's going home to a dark, empty house. I pull up on the drive and still have to sit and take a deep breath and say his name.I hate putting the key in the door. That's not getting any easier. We would leave a small light on for Timothy through the day, ready for the dark evenings before we got home. I would call to him when I walked in. He'd be waiting behind the kitchen door, or come charging out from the garage. Now it's dark and quiet.

Its just this big emptiness they leave behind. Its horrible. So many things missing now. So many memories. We won't ever get used to it no matter what we do.

Xxxx

"The pain I feel now is the happiness I had before. That's the deal"      C.S. Lewis
Quote 0 0