Angel_Agoney1975
Tomorrow will be 4 weeks since my sweet girl Kassy was ripped from our lives. I miss her. I miss her so much it physically hurts. I feel like it's my fault. She was our neighbors first and they treated her like crap. They would lock her in a kennel in the dark most of the day. And on the off chance they let her out they ignored her. When they tied her up outside at 9 weeks old during a thunderstorm that was the last straw, I took her. I took her to my house and dried her off, she was so tiny and scared. She kissed me all over and I told her I would always protect her. I would never let anyone or anything hurt her. She had us wrapped around her little paw. She ruled our house. She was so full of love, for everyone she met. She loved going everywhere we went. She especially loved going to Mcdonalds, because we always got her a water and fries for her. She always knew when she saw the big M she was in for a treat. Her little nose prints are still on my window in the car. Her fur is still on my seat. She would complain if we didn't roll down the windowso she could stick her little head out and smell everything. And when we got sick, or were sad, she knew and would come lay on your chest with a paw on either side of your face and kiss you all over until you laughed. Then she would go about her business as if she hadn't done anything. She was our "mama." She was the best fur baby anyone could ask for. And ever day I miss her more. I hope she can hear me everyday when I walk to work. I hold her ID tag and talk to her. I talk to her all the time. I wish I knew if she is really running and playing over the rainbow bridge. I feel like I failed her. I wish I could tell her I did my best everyday to show her how much I love her and how much I needed her. I wish I could tell her most of all how sorry I am.
Quote 0 0
furevercasey
I'm so sorry for the loss of Kassy.  I lost my girl, Casey, a little over five weeks ago.  It has been so hard.  She had just turned 16.  As I saw her slowing down with age, I started mentally preparing myself for her loss but when it happened, I was completely shocked and devastated.  My little girl also loved trips to McDonalds.  Some times she would get bacon but her favorite was a chicken biscuit.  Like you, I wish I could be sure she was somewhere happy and playing.  I talk to her ashes all the time and beg her to forgive me and beg her to send me a sign.  I hope it will get better with time.
Quote 0 0
Elliegirl
Tomorrow is 11 weeks since Ellie passed. It was sudden and scary, but fortunately she fought so hard for an extra week together. she was my world and my grief has manifested physically, much like yours it sounds. It comes in waves, bed time is the hardest. I just talk to her all the time, I don't hesitate to cry when it gets overwhelming. I wouldn't say it's easier at this point so much as I'm getting used to it. Lunch time is tricky because I always came home and talked to her about her day and she was SO EXCITED and spun in circles with the happiest tail and barked. What has helped is turning my primary focus to something (or someone) else....I adopted another dog and simply having her company and someone to cuddle, walk, care for, is easing the pain. Minnie hears about Ellie all the time and doesn't seem to mind. I'm so sorry you lost your best friend and baby. Nothing is going to make it easier, all I can recommend ks embracing all of those feelings at once. I find myself talking about and laughing about Ellie every day, even though my world feels like it's crashing down. (Ellie also LOVED McDonalds French fries :) )
Quote 0 0
Angel_Agoney1975
Furevercasey,
I am so sorry for your loss of your beautiful baby as well. I knew it would be hard as well when it would of been time for her to leave us, but I didn't have a clue it was going to be this hard. I hope what everyone says is true and it will get easier to get through the days, for all of us fur baby parents. Thank you for your kind words and I hope you are able to find some comfort as well.
Quote 0 0
Alvia_striky
Angel_Agoney1975 wrote:
Furevercasey,
I am so sorry for your loss of your beautiful baby as well. I knew it would be hard as well when it would of been time for her to leave us, but I didn't have a clue it was going to be this hard. I hope what everyone says is true and it will get easier to get through the days, for all of us fur baby parents. Thank you for your kind words and I hope you are able to find some comfort as well.
Strikyalvia
Quote 0 0
Angel_Agoney1975
Elliegirl, Thank you for your kind words. I am so sorry for your loss as well. We also have another fur baby. She helps us. But now everyone us talking about getting another fur baby. I would love to get one, but my heart is not ready yet to get so attached. I love my other baby too, alot, but Kassy was the first fur baby I had ever had such a deep connection with. I am hoping that when the time comes I will know. Kassy snuck up on us. We weren't even looking, but when we met her and saw how she was being treated we knew.
Quote 0 0
MeandBlue
I know just how you feel.  It's only been two weeks since we had to euthanize Blue.  I just sit with my eyes closed and feel him.  I feel him kissing my face.  I feel his silky fur.  I feel the pads of his feet and his bony legs and hips.  I feel his heart beat and his labored breathing.  I feel his "pocket" --that place between his inner hind leg and his groin where he let me warm my hands.  I feel him licking my aching feet.  I feel him nudging my body when I would lie down and he wanted me to get up.  

It hurts so much to think about his absence.  Nothing can fill the void.  There is no other Blue.
Quote 0 0
Alvia_striky
Am soo sorry for your loss..i can very well imagine how u feeling right now..its said time heals all wonds but i dont agree,it only helps us to get used to that pain..just cherish the moments..our pets are with us in our imagination..take care..
Strikyalvia
Quote 0 0