Lost_my_baby
On Thursday I had to make the devastating decision to basically kill my best friend. My 5 year old daughter was holding our small dog. My baby, Oprah, who was a Neapolitan mastiff, decided that she was going to be aggressive towards the little dog on my daughters lap. Long story short, my daughter put her hand in the middle and got bit. No permanent injury, thank goodness. But I couldn't take chances with my best friend and I had to have her put down. I try to be strong, I cry in private, I miss my friend. I loved her so much
Quote 0 0
Lost_my_baby
I feel so alone with my grief. I cry all the time. I miss my best friend so much and I am consumed with guilt because I am responsible for her death.
Quote 0 0
MunchkinMommy
I feel for you and the guilt you are experiencing. I was responsible for the death of my cat Munchkin. She meant the world to me. She was only 5 y.o. We adopted a dog that was aggressive to cats and we basically dropped the ball and now my baby is gone. The dog killed her because of decisions we made. This was in March. I'm just starting to feel better about the whole thing but miss my Munchkin terribly. I was drowning in guilt and had tons of self-inflicted anger. I had so many regrets and still do. Over time it's gotten better. I am slowly forgiving myself. For one, I never meant for any of this to happen. Second, I'm only human and can't be perfect. You never meant for that to happen and made the best decision you could for everyone involved. No matter how our babies go, I believe their spirits are care free and joyous. I'm sorry you went through this.
Munchkin Mommy
Quote 0 0
jimmy17
I`m so sorry,  but you made the decision with the best intentions for everyone, especially your daughter.  I think a lot of us have guilt and regrets whatever way we lose our best friends, as Munchkin Mommy rightly say`s we are all only human.  The guilt you feel now will slowly start to lessen over time. So sorry again, take care.

Jackie
J Taylor
Quote 0 0