harmonica
Me again, seems I come here every night.  I was doing better until I realized how tired I was. probably because Im have been trying to get my life back to order. I don't have a choice. Then I laid down and started to cry cause I realized I haven't been able to pet my baby's ears.  I used to rub them and he liked it so much. It's a week ago today since I brought him in on that fateful evening. I was told by a person who lost their dog, that it gets better for a while and the time between the pain is less. But then out of left field it will hit you. And it did tonight...
Lisa
Quote 0 0
AnnieBirdseed
I miss my Purrfect's tail.  I used to call him my "tail boy" because he used his tail to express
himself in many ways including teasing me with it.  He would slap his tail down next to my hand
really hard and then I'd lightly grab the tip of it, then let go and he'd slap it down some more,
first to the left, then the right.  He invented this game and I miss it.   I miss everything about him.
I wish I had saved a lot more of his hair.  I also wish I had many more photogaphs                                                    
Quote 0 0
Baileys_mum_01
I know how you feel Lisa.  Sometimes I will feel quite a peace and then a few minutes later I will burst into floods of tears.  I am back to the crying alot stage now.  Bailey had alot of soft fur and I loved stroking him.  He liked having his front paw stroked and his tummy rubbed. 
Annie - I also saved some of his fur but when I look at it I wish I had saved more.  I also wish I had more pictures.  I don't think we realise how little time they are actually with us and we don't like to think of saying goodbye one day. You are both in my thoughts x
Quote 0 0
Mistysmama
I miss my girl's ears too. I miss every dog-hair of her, but her ears smelled so sweet, like honey.
Hold the love like a little light. It is all you have, or will ever have, to find your way home.

Misty's Blog..a Dogfight with Cancer http://www.mistysblog69.blogspot.co.uk

Misty's life after death: http://www.dog2spirit.com
Quote 0 0
sadieandsugar
I miss my Sadie girl too, she was my sweet baby girl, we were soulmates from the beginning, Im sorry for your loss, it does get better like you said but it can hit also out of know where, its always gonna be that way for me, I will be ok for a while and then I just start crying for my Sadie girl ,I wish I could just hold her one more time and feel her soft silky fur again!!!!! you take care and godbless, Sadiesmommy
my sweet sadie girl she was a pomeranian and she was the sweetest little girl ever, she loved every one and she loved life in general she was my child because my husband and I could never have kids of our own, so she was definately our daughter, she was thebest furkid ever in my life we were soul mates from the beginning , we adopted her when she was only 8 weeks old, she was so cute and then she turned out to be the most beautiful pomeranian ever I have ever seen in my life. she was with us for 8 wonderful years but I didnt think that was long enough she was so young when we had to put her to sleep, she had diabetes foe a few years and then her kidneys just started shutting down it was so sad it killed us when we had to say goodbye to sadie!!!!!!!
Quote 0 0
AnaMarie
I also miss my Coopie's ears. The hair on his ears were so soft. I did cut some hair from his ears (he was a cocker mix) and keep it in a jar on my altar. It will be 5 months on the 22nd and I still cry, just about everyday. Coopie was my soulmate and I can't imagine ever getting over him. My biggest solace is that I am an older person and easily in the last quarter of my life. I can't wait to see him again. 
Quote 0 0
harmonica
Oh AnaMarie, I feel so bad that you are thinking being at the last quarter of your life will bring you that much closer to being with him. I feel that way too sometimes. I will be 50 in October.  I was talking about death with my dad today and I said I was going to have my 2 dogs remains buried with me as I don't plan on getting anymore. My dog also had his life cut short by diabetes.  I was going to put up before and after pictures, because the changes over a year and  a half were incredible. He went from a young looking puppy to a little old man. He died a slow death and I just think of all he suffered from due to the disease. He went blind too.

Sadie and sugar, I know exactly what you mean too.  I thought I was doing well. Its only been 11 days, but I was putting away all the cards, the flowers have died now, and I'm sure everyone will move on from this subject in my life.  That's when it hit me. Out of nowhere. I didn't even realize I was on automatic everyday, because I have had so much support.  Sunday was our favorite day of the week and we always snuggled and went to the lake and made a big dinner. God knows how I will feel over the holidays as he was with me then too and I am all alone now.  So I tried to listen to music to cheer me up, and then I realized that the music I was playing was the same music I had on in the car when we went to the priest to get blessed. I still remember his words.  "Be a faithful dog and take care of Lisa, Spike"  I just felt so sad tonight.

So anyway, I guess I will keep hugging his blanket ladies.  I just feel so sad for all of your cute furry pets. I can see their beautiful souls shining through their photos. Mistysmama that is the cutest photo of your baby. I hope all of you ladies get more peace as the days go on. Thanks so much for your support.
Lisa
Quote 0 0
firelace
Oh so sad. Little things will keep popping up and one time you may feel ok But other times there is no way to ease the pain. You just have to feel it. I am so deeply sorry for your loss. I understand. It looks like everyone here does. We are all grieving in our own way but we are connected through our feelings for our precious friends. May peace be with you and remembering stroking of the ears is a precious memory even though right now it doesn't feel like it. Sending peace and love to you this evening.
RIP our beautiful shining Star. We love you and will miss you always and forever.
Quote 0 0
harmonica
Firelace,

Thanks so much. How long has it been for you? You said it perfectly when you said we are all connected but grieving in our own way. For a while I thought I was in denial. But now I know the pain is still there, and if anything I think it may have been so overwhelming that the pain is coming out in short bursts so my rational mind can deal with it I don't know.  I just feel I am at peace with the way he died, because I ended his suffering. Its just sometimes I get the realization that it is so final. But I feel his presence all the time and that is what keeps me going. Bless you too.
Lisa
Quote 0 0
wayne
I miss Bandits kisses I would rub noses with hin then he would go crazy licking my nose and cheek . He was so si sweet .
I sure miss him
Quote 0 0