Ginatonics69
I lost my dear Typsy cat a couple days ago to cancer. She was almost 15 years old and I've had her since she was a kitten. She was one of those AMAZING cats that even people who disliked cats loved because she acted more like a dog.  She was my  smart, beautiful, ninja cat! I'm absolutely devastated as she was my little shadow and we spent soooo much time together just the 2 of us thru thick & thin, a divorce, we moved around the U.S and much more. Now I'm alone in my studio without her and I'm a mess. I can't stop crying! She was my 1st pet. Part of me or even most of me died with her. And it's so much worse with this damn covid situation. I want her back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gina Richards
Quote 0 0
Memories_of_Marmalade
Dear Gina,

I am so, so sorry for your recent loss of your beloved "Typsy" (what a delightful and unique name.) She was such a beautiful girl. And again, unique. Such beautiful coloring. And her paws in those sandles in that photo made me smile and laugh to myself. So thank you for sharing that image and a bit about her.

I am happy that for so many years you and your girl were together. And it sounds like you had many adventures. And that she was your "Spirit Animal" in many ways.

The level of our grief is the level of the love that our beloved's felt from us when we were together with them. So how much love did your girl feel from you when you were together? It must have been immense.

You are not alone. We are with you in comradeship and your girl is with you in spirit. Always.

My sincerest condolences & kindest regards,
James
Quote 0 0
Ginatonics69
Thank you James! Definitely my spirit animal. My longest relationship. My best friend! She used to pose like that one in the sandals all the time. It was sooo funny & cute. 
I just don't know how to move forward. So painful! 
Thank you so much for your kind words. I came across this forum for help as I feel so completely alone. I'm not a huge people person. Introvert that is good with extroverts. Typsy was more I interesting than most people lol. So I know I'm going to have a very hard time without her. She used to wait for me at the door when I got home, no matter when it was Those moments now are so painful. 💔😭
Gina Richards
Quote 0 0
roseblue1
Thinking of you Gina...my boy use to wait for me at the front door or sit on the back of the sofa waiting for me to pull up on the drive where he could see me...the fact that has now gone has left me heartbroken...how I loved him.

Keep posting on here and the kind people that post will help you through.

I lost my boy almost five weeks ago and I am still tearful...but so many others are going through the same...and it helps...you do not feel so alone.

Take care

Ellen x
Ellen Hague
Quote 1 0
Memories_of_Marmalade
Dear Gina,

I lost my best friend too. My cat "Marmalade" was my best friend, my son, my brother, my comrade in arms, my road companion and my light. When 99% all other humans abandoned me, including supposed friends, family and business associates he stuck by my side. Our story is posted here on the forum. And he would greet me too upon my return to where we eventually settled. He would always make me feel welcomed, loved and appreciated. I'm an introvert too and his companionship was all that I needed in this weary World.

Just continue to travel through time sweetheart and allow your mind, body and spirit to heal. It will automatically. With every single breath that you take.

Hugs,
James
Quote 0 0
Ginatonics69
Thank you both! I'm so sorry for your losses as well. James, you and I sound very similar. Typsy was so much easier to be around that 99% of people. I think. That is a very hard part for me. Did you guys end up getting another animal? As I am not ready but I know I will have to in order to feel any joy again. 

Luv Gina 
Gina Richards
Quote 1 0
peke_bb
Hi Gina, I'm so sorry for your loss of Typsy. She is beautiful. You are not alone and I know exactly how you are feeling. I am also introverted and the world can be so stressful. I have people around me but I still feel alone. I never felt alone with my dog. He was always beaming with so much love and joy even when he had cancer. I hope things get better for you. I'm here to listen if you need to talk. Hugs and prayers for you.
Quote 0 0
Ginatonics69
Thank you. Your pup is so cute as well. I picked up Typsy's ashes today. Soooo incredibly difficult. I can barely take it that she's gone. Seems surreal as it happened so fast. This feeling of complete emptiness is awful. I know I'm supposed to remember the times we had together but I'm just so heartbroken. What did you do to move forward? 
Ooooxxxx 🐾
Gina 
Gina Richards
Quote 1 0
Ryan800
Gina,

I'm so, so sorry for your loss. I was in a similar situation where people who didn't even like cats loved my cat Amber because she was incredibly friendly and cuddly. I lost her a few weeks ago at 17 years old to what we presume was CKD, but her lymphocytes were also high. One day she was fine, and the next she just stopped eating, became incredibly lethargic, and kept going to hide. I've had her since she was a kitten, and she was my everything.

What I can tell you is that it's so easy to miss them and feel like a part of you has died with them, but she will always be a part of you. It seems like you gave her an incredible home and that you had an amazing relationship. She will never be forgotten. Something that has helped me is setting time aside every day to pray for Amber. I also put together a memory box with her picture, collar, paw print and anything else I could find of hers, and it sits on top of my dresser with some candles. Since you gave her a special place in your home all these years, you can do the same now to let her know that she's always in your heart. Even if you're not spiritual, setting time aside to pray for her every day is my time to remember how much I loved Amber and it's my time to remember her and even talk to her in kitty heaven. Life will go on, but Typsy will always be with you. One day your heart may be ready to give another lucky animal a home, but until then, take time to mourn and think about all of those happy memories you've had with her for the past 15 years.

Best of luck to you, and hugs all around!
Quote 0 0
Ginatonics69
Ryan-

Oh I'm so sorry to hear. 17!! I was convinced Typsy would be 17 at least. Wow, that's exactly what happened to my baby. She was diagnosed with stomach cancer in April. I couldn't even go inside the vet office with her due to this damn covid crap. It was a tough blow to take on the side of a busy street outside the vets office. I still can't believe how quick she lost weight & started hiding. She NEVER hid except for fireworks. 
She was a great Cat-Dog!!! 
I know people keep saying I gave her a great life but for some reason that doesn't make me feel better AT ALL. As I feel that she MADE MY LIFE bearable! Life can be great, I love to travel, love food, love to surf but I would give that all up to have her still. Just solid, unconditional love & entertainment 24/7.  That part is killing me! I know I will want & have to get another kitten to bring that kind of joy into my life... Next year after I heal. 

I actually already did what you said. It's been especially hard because I lost my best friend of 25 yrs 2 years ago this same week to a terrible bus accident. So I have a little mantle area for Typsy's ashes with Laura & candles. It's a lot to handle, I know. I'm barely hanging on but trying so hard to move forward. 

I'm so sorry for your loss. I bet Amber was amazing. Thank you for your kind words. 

Hugs
Gina 
Gina Richards
Quote 0 0
peke_bb
Thank you. Your pup is so cute as well. I picked up Typsy's ashes today. Soooo incredibly difficult. I can barely take it that she's gone. Seems surreal as it happened so fast. This feeling of complete emptiness is awful. I know I'm supposed to remember the times we had together but I'm just so heartbroken. What did you do to move forward? 
Ooooxxxx 🐾
Gina 

Hi Gina, I'm so sorry again. Again, I completely understand. The first week was the most difficult for me, so it's hard to think about the times you've had together. I think it was the shock and panic attacks because of the recent loss. Those went away for me after the first week. I didn't really do anything to move forward. I've been on here so it helps to talk to people who understands. 

I don't know what to say or do to make you feel better. But I can tell you it has gotten slightly easier for me. It's been 3 months. I don't have the panic attacks anymore, so I can just focus on grieving. I've just been going with the emotions as they come. I still cry almost everyday. I miss him so much. But I can function somewhat normally so I can get things done although I'm grieving inside. I try my best everyday. I pray to God for strength. It does help. 

I hope things get better for you. If you ever just need to talk, I'm here to listen. Hugs and prayers for you. 
Quote 1 0
Ginatonics69
Thank you Peke_bb! Yes, this 1st week has been awful. I'm trying to remember to breathe. 
I'm glad it got easier for you. But I know it's like losing a child and WILL ALWAYS be hole in my heart.
Hugs
Gina 
Gina Richards
Quote 1 0