MuccasMom
We lost our baby girl on 11/3/2017 when we had to make the horrible decision to say good-bye.  Her hind legs were atrophying the past year, but it started really getting bad the past 2 weeks.  She was having difficulty walking and getting up.  We carried her up and down the stairs because she couldn't handle them anymore.  When she woke up on 11/3, she could barely walk, then she couldn't lift herself up at all - all she did was lay there and then she started shaking like she was cold, which we learned was a sign of intense pain.   My heart was breaking and I didn't want to let her go.  I feel so guilty and angry at the vet because we've been saying for the past year she was getting weaker but they didn't do anything or offer suggestions.  Only when we took her to another vet, did they offer the option of trying steroids to strengthen her muscles, but it turns out it was too late. 

Mucca (means "cow" in Italian, because she was spotted like a holstein) was born 6/24/2004 and has been with us for over 13 years.  Everything we do, every place we go - reminds us of her - we did everything with her and took her everywhere with us.  I cannot stop crying.  My heart went with her, she was our baby girl and I want her back.   I am so heartbroken.  Mucca, I hope to see you again my sweet Bubba girl, you meant the world to us, were my little shadow and best friend.  I love and miss you more than I can describe.  My heart is broken.  
Quote 0 0
camunki
awww your Mucca is a beautiful girl............is she a Pit Bull? from what you wrote, you did all that you could for your baby girl, and she is beautiful....................and I am glad you had a wonderful 13 years with her, and yes, we all want more time. Sad part is our pets only live a much shorter life than we want.

You did your all for her, and YES you will see her again........your Mucca is on a new adventure at the Rainbow Bridge free from pain, no more problems with her legs.

This is all fresh, new and raw and you will have meltdowns and breakdowns in the upcoming months, i have been down this dark path 3 times in 22 months.

Please know you are not alone and Keep your Muccas memory alive by posting here  and watch out for "signs"....i truly believe in the signs and know that my babies are safe in their heavenly home.

(((hugs)))

Cam

Quote 0 0
MuccasMom

Thank you for your kind, thoughtful message, Cam and you have gone through this 3 times in 22 months?? I can't even fathom. They are such special, unconditional loving creatures and it's horrible how they don't live as long as we do. You are a strong person and I hope I can someday get there.

I am beyond heartbroken and don't know what to do. When we lost our last girl (that time I waited too long and still feel guilty about it), we had Mucca to help us get through the pain, but this time - it's just us and it's unbearable. I'm a total mess and feel so lost and heartbroken.

Yes, she was a pit bull (american staffordshire terrier) and the sweetest, most loving, weird little pup who gave kisses all of the time and had us trained SO well to cater to her every need. I've always joked that pets are the master species - look at all we do for them.

I've been praying for a sign that we did the right thing and praying for a sign that she is ok and that her spirit is still with me.

Quote 0 0
Eileennellie
She was a beauty, I love pit bulls. Sweet, sweet dogs. And you did the right thing, I am sure of it. Steroids are very hard on the body, so please don't feel like the outcome would have been better had you started giving them to her. 13 is a very long life, you should be proud of giving her all that you did. I had to euthanize my 12 1/2 year old Doberman Paris on 10/29, we believe it was degenerative myelopathy. Her legs were starting to fail her, she was on anti inflammatory and pain meds, but she went downhill very rapidly, over only about 2 weeks. She was ready, and she let us know. I don't believe she was going to get up again after she layed down that day. I lost my 8 1/2 year year old male, Dobie, to a fatal heart arrhythmia on July 10th, and I can honestly say that was much harder because it was completely unexpected and traumatic. Letting them go when they are ready is the last gift we can give them. I miss Paris every second, she was never more than a few feet away from me, and adjusting to her absence is so hard. But I know they are always here in spirit, and that we will be together again and it will be wonderful.
Quote 0 0
MuccasMom

Thank you for your supportive words - your babies were adorable and I can't even imagine having to go through both losses in such a short time. I keep telling myself I'd rather that Mucca had passed on her own terms, but it's only because I wouldn't have to make that horrible decision for her. I know that is selfish and weak - and pets are neither of those.

My husband said, Mucca would suffer her pain as long as we wanted her to because she loved us so much - he's right, but oh, how I would love just another day to spoil her rotten and smell her cheeto/frito paws.  Now, I just have her blankets.

Quote 0 0
MuccasMom
Dear Bubba girl (Mucca) - tomorrow will be a week since you passed and I'm still crying non stop - you were our everything.  I miss your face, your frito smell, your silly antics, kisses, and unconditional love.  I don't think I can make it without you.  I see your little white hairs on the couch where you'd always lay next to me and I just lose it.  I haven't cleaned the tub because the dirt in there is yours from when we gave you a bath last.  I see empty toilet tubes and have to save them, because you loved to play and dance around with them, making sure we were watching and telling you how cute you are.  I want you back my Nutes...boy, you had a LOT of nicknames and you knew them all.  Please visit me in my dreams and let me know you're still with me.  I miss you so much - my heart is broken.   I love you my baby girl.
Quote 0 0
MuccasMom
It was a month ago, yesterday, that we said goodbye to you - I'm still heartbroken.  I miss you so much!  You were my little shadow and you went everywhere I went.  We picked up your ashes a week ago and the sadness I feel is overwhelming.  I couldn't breathe because I was crying so hard.  I want you back so badly. 

Last week, I found a cookie that you missed when we'd hide them for you around the house -  I put it next to your ashes.  I wish I could have had more time with you, I'm beyond devastated.  You were one special, special baby girl and my heart is missing a huge piece now that you're gone.  I miss you.
Quote 0 0