Cooper2011
It’s been a month since we said goodbye to our dearest Cooper. I still cry & my heart aches everyday. I hug his blanket every night & talk to him to visit me in my sleep. I know in my heart that we made the right decision to let him go. He was in pain & was not the same happy dog in the end. He’s was just existing & not living. I don’t want to do that to him. I just keep telling myself that we gave him the best life but I miss him so much. Every corner of my house reminds me of him. He left this world taking a piece of me & my heart with him. I love you forever Buddy! ❤️ 9C604147-0BD4-4FC7-8D60-5E4E184F3A6F.jpeg
Quote 1 0
P_Mom
What a beautiful boy your Cooper. ❤ I'm so very sorry for your loss. It's so incredibly hard letting them go, but thankful we do have the option to help stop their pain. Extending deep condolences and warm hugs. ❤ 
Jennifer
Quote 1 0
Cooper2011
Thank you P_Mom for your kind words ❤️
Quote 0 0
katya66
What a handsome buddy your Cooper.  I am so sorry for your loss and the pain you are feeling.  I found myself today  hugging one of boy's blankets trying to feel once again the feeling of him in my arms when he would lay his head on my shoulder.  It is so hard to lose our beloved friends - I can relate to your comment about  being reminded of him with every corner of the house  - I see my Misha in every space in the house  because he was everywhere - Hard to know what to do with that.  I send you a hug and  just know that you are not alone. 
Kristin
Quote 1 0
Cooper2011
Thank you katya66. I read your post too about Misha. It’s really hard but I do get comfort with my pet parent friends. Others don’t really understand the pain we feel. We put all of Coopers stuff in a box & just kept his blanket in our bed. We thought it will help move on faster if we don’t see it around. We did have his box with his ashes in it & paw print with his picture by our TV stand. I try not to look at my Facebook too because it will show me memories of him. He was always a part of our life. Vacations, camping, hiking (our favorite activity). It’s just so hard to break that routine we did for almost 10 years & go back to a life without him. I joined this support group to help me grieve with people like you & I hope it will help us with this devastated lost. I send you hugs too & know that Misha loves & thank you for giving him the best life. 
Quote 0 0
Cooper2011
It was getting better every day. Less crying but tonight my heart started aching again. As I hug his blanket wishing he will visit me in my dreams. I still stare at the places in my home where I would see him. I guess the loneliness hits you back again. Do you really just move on when you welcome a new pet in your life? My husband said he’s ready. I told him if he/she comes along that’s a perfect fit we will look into it. But tonight I’m missing you my dear Cooper. Mommy loves you so much! ❤️ I hope you are having fun up there. 
Quote 0 0