JakeysMom
I lost my baby boy, Jake suddenly on Thursday after two radiation treatments for his brain tumor which he was diagnosed with late last month. My heart is so heavy right now. I’ve had him since he was 9 1/2 weeks old. He was everything to me. Everything. Sudden death was one of the risks for the treatment but I was told that Jake was low risk. If not treated, he would’ve only had up to 3 months to live. I’m beyond devastated right now. He was the bestest boy. He was the most handsome and sweetest boy. Everyone who met him loved him. He was just a happy go lucky pup. He was a Boxer/Pitbull mix. My family and I are heartbroken. Finding strength every day...
Quote 1 0
Jan_H
I am very sorry for your loss of your sweet boy Jake. I feel that animals can touch a part of our hearts that others do not. They give us unconditional love and support. When they leave it is devastating and heartbreaking.

It can help to post pictures and stories of your Jake, if/when you feel up to it.

My condolences,
Jan
Quote 1 0
JakeysMom
31924A02-A48F-4378-B6DD-79731EE0F794.jpeg 
Quote 3 0
JakeysMom
Thanks, Jan. This feeling of loss has truly been devastating, especially when it all happened so fast. I posted a picture of my handsome boy above. I couldn’t post before as the file was too large but I finally figured it out. 
Quote 0 0
Memories_of_Marmalade
Dear Jakey'sMom,

He was certainly a very handsome lad indeed. There is great love in all of your words. It is so obvious how much you loved and adored your boy. And he felt that everytime you set your eyes on him. For that you can be very grateful. As he knew great love during his lifetime. All dogs should be so blessed.

The level of our grief, is the level of our love that our lost ones felt from us, for the time that we were with them. So how much love did they experience from us? 

: )

You are not alone. We are with you in comradeship and your Jake is with you in spirit. Always.

Kind regards & my sincerest condolences,
James
Quote 1 0
Jan_H
Oh, he's a handsome boy who looks happy and friendly. Thanks for sharing.
Quote 1 0
JakeysMom

Thank you so much for your kind words, James. It means so much, especially that Jake and I often did look at each other when relaxing on the couch or on our walks. He was truly loved by me but also by my family and friends. He was such a gentle giant.

Dear Jakey'sMom,

He was certainly a very handsome lad indeed. There is great love in all of your words. It is so obvious how much you loved and adored your boy. And he felt that everytime you set your eyes on him. For that you can be very grateful. As he knew great love during his lifetime. All dogs should be so blessed.

The level of our grief, is the level of our love that our lost ones felt from us, for the time that we were with them. So how much love did they experience from us? 

: )

You are not alone. We are with you in comradeship and your Jake is with you in spirit. Always.

Kind regards & my sincerest condolences,
James

Quote 0 0
JakeysMom

He was very friendly. He was a big boy but a gentle giant.

Jan_H wrote:
Jan_H wrote:

Quote 0 0
JakeysMom
C4932738-A5F3-4491-AE40-37DA54148BE7.jpeg 4C103A09-79D5-4B72-B717-EC958A9AA0D7.jpeg 
Quote 1 0
Monroegirl
Such a handsome boy! I'm very sorry for your loss. It's so very difficult to lose such a beloved pet, and I understand your pain. (((Hugs)))
Quote 0 0
JakeysMom

Just when I thought I was feeling better, I’m missing my Jake again today. Somehow I’m remembering how he was when I left him last at the emergency vet and now realizing he was blind then and could only smell me while we waited for him to be taken in. I feel awful that I had to leave him there and only sensed that I was leaving him when he could no longer smell me as he went in. I wish I was there when he took his last breath and it makes me mad that I wasn’t. I miss my baby boy so much! It’s hard knowing that when he comes home he’ll be in ashes. I think I’ll be a mess again then. 

I miss you my baby boy. I’m so glad I told you how much I loved you every day.  CC9E71DA-4788-4B46-8891-F4B9766C5B99.jpeg 

Quote 0 0
Jan_H
Grief can come in waves and in the beginning so many things can trigger the pain and sadness.

It's clear that Jake was very much loved and had a happy life with you. I hope in time that memories of Jake can bring you a little smile instead of sadness.

Jan
Quote 1 0
JakeysMom
Thank you, Jan. I’m crying a little less but it’s still difficult to talk about when talking to those who are just finding out about his passing. I told him I loved him multiple times a day, every day and I have no doubt he didn’t know he was my life, as much as I was his. He will never be replaced and I’ll always miss him. And yes, in time the memories with him will bring on more smiles than tears. 
Quote 0 0
JakeysMom
It’s a week today that I lost my baby boy, Jake. I keep catching a whiff of his scent and like to think he’s near me. Every time I smell him, I tell him I love him and miss him and wish he was still here. I’ve been doing well for the past few days until today. I still have his bed laid out in the living room, with his unwashed blanket so I laid on it and cried for him. I miss him so much!!!
Quote 0 0
LadyFaire

Dear Jakey's Mom

My baby boy has been gone for over 5 weeks, and I still suddenly burst into tears.  I have pictures of all of my 4 footed children (past and present) in a slideshow as my screensaver, and sometimes when one of Shadow's pictures comes up, I just bawl like a baby.  I truly understand your pain, sweetie - I'm devastated over my guy.  I've lost other 4 footed children in the past, but none have affected me the way the loss of my little man has.  I'm told it gets better.  At least my crying jags are happening less frequently, so I suppose it is true.  The thing that has worked best for me is to remember everything your boy did that made you laugh.  The crying is somehow less bitter that way.  At least I've quit screaming, "I want my puppy!!!"  Well, mostly quit.  It helps that I have my 2 girls, and both of them commiserate with me and kiss away my tears.  Their personalities are starting to change as well, with Shadow gone.  They are becoming more loving.  Another thing that has helped me is to take all of his things and put them somewhere that you can get to them easily, but they aren't right in front of you all the time.  My Shadow was also my service dog, so I'm doing a shadow box with his vest, his collar and a good photo.  I think it will help bring me closure.  I hope so.  Hold onto your memories and remember the love.

Quote 0 0