skglog

We had to put our Annie girl to rest yesterday and I'm lonely. I knwo she is happy now and free of pain.  She had diabetes for the past 2 months but kept loosing weight and was very thin. The vets couldn't get her insulin regulated, her body was rejecting it. So they did an ultra sound and found a tumor on her spleen. She was only 12 yrs. old but our big girl. We rescued her when she was 2 from an abusive home and gave her a great home. She loved to fish with her daddy and swim at the lake. Also loved to jet ski and tube, she was a great lab! Her little sister, our other rescue, misses her too. I can't stop crying. I hope we made the right decision in letting her go. I was trying not to be selfish and always wanted the best for her. I should be happy for her-no more insulin shots, weekly blood checks, ravenous eating. Still-I miss my girl.

Quote 0 0
judylinn
Im so sorry about Annie. my maddie was a lab as well. they are such loving animals. You did the best thing for her, though it was hard...she is free from all that pain now. I had to do the same for Maddie, and its tough. its so good that you can just let the tears out, as thats how the healing takes place.There is a beautiful poem that Txgal put on my maddie girl thread, just about having to release your baby. it might really help you to read it. it helped me even after all these weeks.
This group is a wonderful group of people, and we will be here for you during this painful time.  Judy
Quote 0 0
FreidasMom
I'm so sorry to hear about Annie. You  have come to the right place -- all of us here understand the pain and loneliness of losing a best friend. You did the right thing for your girl, please don't second guess yourself. No matter how our babies cross over, we all feel completely horrible. They are all playing happily now, pain free. 
Quote 0 0
TxGuy

I am so sorry to hear about Annie. I am happy you have found this site. I came here two weeks ago when I had to put my baby to rest. This has been a Godsend and I hope you will find the healing and help here that I have been privileged to find. Prayers of comfort to you and your family.

Quote 0 0
tikibarb
You and Annie were so lucky to have found each other.  I am sorry that you have lost her and want you to know that you are not alone.  There are many of us here who share in the grief that you feel.  Some are further along in the process but we all share the same common grief.  Our precious babies are all together now, happy and healthy.  I know Ted is waiting patiently and that I will see him again.
Barbara Lyngarkos
My Beloved Ted 8/7/2005 - 7/7/10
http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/TED001/Resident.htm
Quote 0 0
Rottiesmammandaddy
"I am so sorry to hear about Annie. I am happy you have found this site. I came here two weeks ago when I had to put my baby to rest. This has been a Godsend and I hope you will find the healing and help here that I have been privileged to find. Prayers of comfort to you and your family. " TxGuy

I completely agree with all of you and TxGuy. These last almost two weeks have been a godsend to me to find all of the people here that have helped me thru a painful time. The pain still lingers, and I'm sure will come out again this week when we pick Rottie's remains up from the vet Tuesday, but then all of the happy memories can flood my life and take away some of the pain. Your Annie was a beautiful baby!
In Loving Memory of Rottie, our baby boy
http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/ROTTI002/Resident.htm
Quote 0 0
skglog

Thanks to everyone for your kind words and comfort. Each day gets better but I am still having a rough time. We've received so many cards and calls, everyone loved Annie. Even her vet has called a few times. We now have her ashes and urn and clay foot print and I talk to them daily. Even with our other dog it's still quiet around the house. I know Annie will send us another dog that will need rescueing when it's time.

Quote 0 0